41 coaches online • Server time: 00:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lordchaos

Post   Posted: May 30, 2008 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Spike! Magazine 2008 Blood Bowl Grand Tournament
Dates: Saturday, August 2nd, and Sunday, August the 3rd

Hotel Website: http://www.compasspointinn.com/

Time: 8AM Registration
Game System: Blood Bowl

Email: thunder-bowl@hotmail.com
Web: www.spike2008.com

Additional Information:
- $30 pre-registration; $40 at the door
- 7-game Swiss
- Door prizes and giveaways to be determined

Deals on hotel accomodations will be posted on our Spike 2008 website, which will be up by the end of the week.

Hope to see you for the last major tournament of the year.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2008 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

A week after being informed that we were hosting the tournament, it already looks like we may very well have our goal of 40 coaches, but we can always use more!
So everyone, plan your summer holiday for Vancouver, the most beautiful city in the world, and play in the Spike! while you're here!
halivaraith

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2008 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be thinking about it... would have to either convert my norse to LRB5 (plus actually paint them) or make up a new team and have it ready by then though. Plus I'd have to learn the LRB5 rules Sad Anyway seeing as it's only eight hours south of me it's probably the closest BB tournement I'll ever find here in northern BC.
Subhedgehog

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2008 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Incidentally, the place where the tournament is happening is extremely easy to reach from many places in Vancouver (and the suburbs) via the rapid transit rail line, though it does take a while to get there.
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2008 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

halivaraith wrote:
I'll be thinking about it... would have to either convert my norse to LRB5 (plus actually paint them) or make up a new team and have it ready by then though. Plus I'd have to learn the LRB5 rules Sad Anyway seeing as it's only eight hours south of me it's probably the closest BB tournement I'll ever find here in northern BC.

Our club might be able to loan some painted teams out if you can make the trip. Would love to see some northern BC'ers come out.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2008 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, I'll definitely be thinking about it then Smile
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Site is up!!!! www.spike2008.com

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2008 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The hotel is offering the corporate rates to attendees ($89 per night), as well as not charging for additional people in the room. So if that's an issue for travellers, it should be less of one now.

By the way, all of the differences between LRB 4 and 5 are in the skills section and the Inducements. Inducements won't matter in a tournament, so just read the skills (off the top of my head, Stand Firm and Dauntless).
 Jump to: