36 coaches online • Server time: 00:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wombats

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elves I'm probablys starting with one Blitzer and two rerolls...

...I just loves me the rerolls as I have a habit of snarfing a dodge now and then just before everything goes pear-shaped.

They are a nasty, nasty team once developed and I think they'll be my fifth ranked team - I'll ditch my Necromantic as with strong Lizards and High Elves with a full compliment of four Lion Warriors I want to learn to play without move 8 dudes without going an overly bashy team.

Humans just have no disdinguishing features - Which is probably their greatest strength - But I want nutso elven ball handling or the risk of a frenzier or high strength blocking liabilities I need to skill up.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Humans just have no disdinguishing features

Humans teams are the only ones that get both a fast moving catcher and blitzers with strenght access. I agree that they have no unique player type but neither have orcs?

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

And here was me thinking that Skaven had fast moving catchers (well... they don't have catch, but who cares when they are ma9 + ag4) and blitzers with strength access...
origami

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

..and AV 7 on most of their players, which makes it tough to play a bashing game against anybody except elves.
HoboJed

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I never said they could play a bashing game. Tinkywinky said that Humans alone had access to fast cathcers and blitzers with strength access in an attempt to show that the human team has a distinguishing feature, and I was merely showing that that isn't true.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to be picky my statement was true. Skavens have no "catchers". But to make my point clearer:
"Human are the only team that has FOUR blitzers with strength access + fast catchers". If you add the ogre to that you see that the humans have a pretty unique combination.

They really are THE hybrid team. It's the only team that can utilize all three major strategys: bash, run and pass with great success. They can bash against all AG teams and AV7 teams and they can play a dependable running game against any bashy teams. Their passing game is very good against any team that lacks a bunch of pass blocker or FA. No other team can tailor it's tactics after their opponent like humans!

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
But, like crack it's just so hard to not select <b>Claw</b> when I roll doubles. Wink

Wow, being able to select Crack on doubles must help Chaos Razz

Flings Rule!
 Jump to: