55 coaches online • Server time: 23:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BigBear

Post 16 Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

color=ff0004 I have been having none stop problems Sad I have been away awhile BUT when I last tried to redownload the server's etc needed I could chat but not play I tried downloading the old ver 6 of the BBL stuff (like I had before) BUT the new patch sucked and would work properly which sucked :'(
Help any one?
Any body got tips on which server etc to download?
Also Any other helpfull tips are apreciated Very Happy Twisted Evil Laughing
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2004 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like you're trying to put the 7.8 patch over your old 6.x folder... This way leads to madness.

You need to grab a new "full" version of 7.0 and install the patch on top of that. Or you could just grab the FULL version of 7.8 that I happen to host for just such an occasion.

When you unzip it you'll find the bbowl.jar file that you know and love and also a file called "JavaBBowl-7.8.app". The latter is a Mac OS X-specific version of the .jar. If you're not on a mac, then trash it (or keep it around to look at it if you want... doesn't really matter).

Post 10 Posted: Jun 02, 2004 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Razz That works alot better Very Happy I can finally get back to getting my ass wooped Very Happy
BigBear

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2004 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing that bugs me is what do the ones not answered mean?
Injury
Games
Cp?
Touch Downs
Injury Total
Cs?
vp?
Star Player Points
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2004 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

BigBear wrote:
Cp? Cs? vp?

Completions (accurate passes that get caught - just the ball, not stunties or bombs), Casualties (BH, SI or RIP and only off of blocks, not dodges or crowd pushes) and Most Valuable Player awards.

Glad to hear that the download worked for you.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks and Thanks again Wink
just gota get a new PC now Sad after all the hassel of downloading it blew up yesterday :'( so now I gota get a new one and reload EVERYTHING which sucks Sad
But atleaset my teams are safe Wink
BigBear

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Slight Problem Sad
When i try to download it onto the libary PC it saves as a word document (by the looks of it some how its been told to open all DOWNLOADS as word) how do i undo it so that I can download it properly?
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. I suppose that's supposed to be a security feature... heh. Have I mentioned that I hate Windows?

Anyhoo... can you rename the file to .zip? Maybe when you are downloading it, you can try to make sure and add the .zip extension...

Failing that, I'd try opening it in WinZip even with the Word icon. If WinZip is smart enough (which I doubt but StuffIt would do it) it'll go ahead and unzip it anyway.

Jump to: