57 coaches online • Server time: 23:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0nty

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The new divisional rules are being updated in the relevant FAQ page.
Squiggy

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so the difference between open and ranked is that now we have to watch carefully our team strength compared to the other team, whereas before it was just a guideline?

Is this going to adversely effect teams like my goblins or any halflings, that are in the ranked division? Right now, my gobbos have a W/L of 3/4, and a TR/TS of 133/89.

By my understanding, I can play anyone with a TS of 0-99, or a team up to TS of 129. Now, unless a team has taken a beating in their last game, most teams usually have a roughly equal TR/TS.

If this is true, then I have a couple choices. Either play a team with the same TS as mine, giving them the advantage of a couple handicap rolls, or play a team closer to my TR, but at my TS limit, and probably have a more difficult and challenging game.

Or a third option, of just playing other halfling and goblin teams, which are in the same boat. But that just gets dull after a while.
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Monty, could you fix that link to the User Guide? It isn't pointing at the division pages.

Edit: I'll save you the trouble. Here is the User Guide division rules page:

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Division%20Specific%20Rules
i3rutus

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

this rule really s*cks for halfings! Str and TR are mostly 40 diff! so most of the times you have to give handicaps to your opponents! Rolling Eyes you cannot really play vs people with equal TR oder higher TR to get handicaps! all you can do is giving handicaps to people who mostly have a more stronger team! am i right? and shouldnt halfings be exceptet from this rule? Question
 Jump to: