43 coaches online • Server time: 00:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Keeping aging would help, you could also limit the number of games any one team may play on the birthday to say 3 to 5, which is more than most would likely find the time to play in a day anyway I suspect.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

SeraphimRed wrote:
Keeping aging would help, you could also limit the number of games any one team may play on the birthday to say 3 to 5, which is more than most would likely find the time to play in a day anyway I suspect.

1 game per coach would already be more than enough, in my opinion.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
SeraphimRed wrote:

1 game per coach would already be more than enough, in my opinion.

Why by coach - that's just odd. There are many ppl on here that play several games a day.
If the birthday bonus was you could only play one game - it wouldn't be worth celebrating for many. Sad

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Chewie

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

All we need to do is ban SFC's for the day.
That's all.
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

the thing is guys, peoples skill dosent necessarily increase with his TR, so what if 50 odd people have hoarded the birthday teams for the fumbbl cup, if anything it adds an extra element to the cup, because youve got to have skill to not only take out your opponent, but also to take out a team that 90% of them couldnt use

Let me simplyfy this for you all, if i was to hoard a birthday team for this, would anyone complain? no, cause they know i cant use legend teams
and the same goes for the others, whats to say they can even use the team theyve saved?

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

im going to stick my neck out there and say that NO fumbbl birthday hoard team will make it past the last 8

true skill always prevails over sly tricks

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Peter_Thorpe wrote:
im going to stick my neck out there and say that NO fumbbl birthday hoard team will make it past the last 8

true skill always prevails over sly tricks

You should be careful when your neck is at stake.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the issue with the Birthday teams is 2 fold.

Not only have you got several teams unfairly 'pimped' on the birthday, but;

I think alot of teams that would have entered just for the fun (TR 180 teams and the like) will avoid the tournament, because the Birthday teams are there.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

True but even without the birthday there would plenty teams that a TR180 team would prefer to avoid.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

1) The only tweak on the Birthday is to allowing ageing. That will end the "pimping", sure you can still build a UBer team but run the risk of the dreaded ageing.

2)Koadah is right on. If you are TR180 and in the FC then its safe to say about %90 of the field will be a nondesirable opening round draw.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Birthday Teams are great - I salute them for their greatness.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Many talk about uber teams not playing other the Birthday and major. Well, if anything destroy your team it´s playing in majors, and how many offers do you think JackD. gets if he put he´s eaters on GF?
Elfballing is just as big a problem as Birthday teams (yes i have one), for me the solution cout be that the qual. for fc. was that all teams have too play 3 or 5 smack whitin 6 month befor fc.
That will give us more life too the smack, and reduce the Birthday and elfballing problem.

The problem is that it can be hard for some too find and find time for these smack, but if we apply this rule there will be alot more legend smack going on befor fc, and eweryone can finde a smack in ther timzone.
shaftdiggity

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone took the time to elfball/cherrypick/birthday their way to an uber team, more power to them.

Only problem I have is if they multi-account/system-hack/pre-game agreement so so they avoid injuries and cheat the system. Everyone can, to some extent, do the former to upgrade their team, but the latter is cheating and wrong and is a total abuse of the rules.

The birthday bonus, and the healing potion are fun gifts by Christer. It's his site, his time, let him do what he wants when he wants and stop complaining.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we are allmost to the end of the FC and were are all the birthday teams?

We have gone a full year of Majors and one pimped out Birthday team took home a trophy,

I think its now official that the Birthday team theory is now dead. I firmly believe 99.7% of all Birthday teams are now killed off and only the Brotherhood and a few other hiding under rocks are left.

SO I hope we have another round of Birthday action so the vast majority of us who missed out on the potential from last years birthday can all take a vacation day and capitilise and reverse our mistake from last year.

Lets face it guys and the 3 girls out there, Deep down we all want a "uber" team. I know in public you will call for a boycott of all B-Day teams and frown on those who pimp out their uber team. You want one, you need one you will take a vactation day from work to make one. You cant fool your inner self telling you that its allright to "cheese" it out just this one time.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

what, there are 3 girls out here ?
 Jump to: