21 coaches online • Server time: 06:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uberbad

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2009 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The model used for the beast of nurgle in Javabowl, what is it? Is it a custom job or an OOP? Hope someone can answer, cause I'd like to pick that up.
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2009 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi. You got me curious too... So I looked 'round and I couldn't find it in any of the official released miniatures (Not said that I'm sure that I did find all of them). If you really want to know, you could try to e-mail Skijunkie (the creator of the client), and see if he knows where it comes from. There's a link to his e-mail at the bottom of this page: http://geocities.com/javabbowl/index.html
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2009 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The chaos spawn model is frequently used as a beast of nurgle in warhammer fantasy (although there are also plastic spawn around now).

I have also seen a kind of a slug with many eyes on tentacles (you know what snail eyes look like)... and I am 95% sure that it is the official beast of nurgle or at least the last model sold by GW as a "beast of nurgle". Certainly they didnt remove it from the GT and GW tend to be pretty hot on removing non-GW mondels from the GT.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Mortlach

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2009 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:

I have also seen a kind of a slug with many eyes on tentacles (you know what snail eyes look like)... and I am 95% sure that it is the official beast of nurgle or at least the last model sold by GW as a "beast of nurgle". Certainly they didnt remove it from the GT and GW tend to be pretty hot on removing non-GW mondels from the GT.

Yeah, I actually have that one for my table top BB game. I don't really like it much though. It's not menacing enough. Well, that might be because I painted it pink Wink
 Jump to: