72 coaches online • Server time: 23:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nath284

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2009 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

hey

basically my club will be doing a lrb5 tourney with 6 players, its gonna be play each player once and after each game you can give one player a standard skill but only one skill on a player, its based on the 2008 tourney rules

im taking skaven and wanted to run my list past you guys for some advice

2 X storm vermin
3 X gutter runners
1 X thrower
6 X line rats
3 RR
3 FF

that comes to 1000000

things im unsure about:
is it worth trying to get a rat ogre in there? i wasnt keen on the idea because of his wild animal.

the thrower, would i be better off swapping him out for the fourth gutter runner? i want the passing game option and his skills will make it easier and less re-roll intensive.

can anyone suggest an alternative list that might work better?

skill selection
as i'll be playing 5 people that will give me 4 skill choices

skills id like to get in

accurate- on the thrower
kick- on any one in the centre
guard- id like to have at least one
shadowing- on a gutter for man marking deep recievers
tackle- on a vermin for anti blodge
block- on some linos
maybe a dauntless gutter

now the problem here is what order to take them in,
i think that out of the above one tackle and one guard are a must but im not sure

so what four skills would you take and more importantly in what order?

one last thing, star players are allowed for this tourney, so i was wondering would you suggest me taking one?

hopefully this will start a interesting discussion

Cheers

Nath
veron

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2009 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Moved to Off-Topic ยป Real Life Blood Bowl.
nath284

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2009 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

okay fair enough, i figured that because it was strategy it should go in the strategy section

Nath
prkl

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2009 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

3 gutter runners are enough. You don't want too many st 2 players in the field. And speaking of that, i wouldnt take shadowing on a gutter runner either. You don't want to leave the gutters standing around the opponents players getting blocked. Don't make it worse by actually following the blockers.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2009 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

What are your OPPONENTS playing? Any advise will be worthless unless we know.
Are there rules against giving normal OR double skills?

If you think you WANT Stars... FF3 will not afford you any til MAYBE game 4 or 5.
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2009 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd start off wih:

3 Gutters
1 Thrower
2 Storm vermin
5 Line-rats
1 Apo
2 Rerolls
9 Fan factor (for getting enough gold to replace dead rats.. And yea they will come... And for winning Kick -offs)

Wouldn't go for accurate on the thrower, as he will mainly be passing quick- and short passes anyway, and block will keep him alive longer. Secondly; Guard on one SV and tackle on the other is a good idea. I'm not sure if you can pick all the skills before the tourney begins or one after each game, but in the latter case I would go for guard fist and then tackle, as guard means you have to use one rat less on blocking, and he can annoy your opponent otherwise. "No go" on shadowing... It wil result in a prematurely death for that gutter. Dauntless no one of the is sweet. And standard block on the other two. Then IF you are allowed to choose mutations; one clawed line-rat, and boring block for the last skills on the line-rats. This is the way I would do it. Hope it makes your decision a bit easier.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2009 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

That is good general advice.
But what if he is playing Amazons, Dark Elves, Humans, Goblins and Necromantic teams only.
What if he is playing Khemri, Orc, Dwarves, Undead, and Chaos teams only.
Would that advice change?

That's why I asked for more specifics. But perhaps he won't know until he shows up for the tournament.
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2009 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Will this be a resurrection tournament. Don't bother with the 9 FF suggestion as I assume that's for LRB4.

Instead of 3 FF take 1 AC and 1 CL. Those will be better for rerolls. Actually, I'd rather take a 4th GR as they're a lot more useful on offence and defence than rookie skaven throwers. No Rat Ogre or Star Players.

Skills:

- Strip Ball for a GR if facing teams without Sure Hands. If lots of Sure Hands, then either Dauntless or Wrestle
- Guard on SV
- MB on SV
- Block on GR
- Kick on a linerat

Maybe you could take the thrower and get Leader on him.
 Jump to: