18 coaches online • Server time: 05:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

As my PC was booting up I scanned the LRB for what seemed to be the 100th time and came across something I didnt remember seeing before.

P42
"You may only hire freebooters for league matches, they may not be used for one-off games."

P18
"Star Players may only be freebooted in league games (see rules for Freebooters later."

Well.......
FUMBBL Ranked games are One-off games. If we are going to follow the LRB then STARs and Freebooters AREN'T allowed. This takes care of the issue regarding hiring STARS during pre-game.

Mad because your opponent sliped in Griff at the last minute ??? WRONG, not allowed.

Is this an oversight by the admins? Seems like an easy solution to a problem that pops up in a thread every other month.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully I think you'll find that Christer and the rest of the Fumbbl admins regard Ranked as a league Smile

I remember seeing Christer refer to ranked as being a league structure, sorry mate but i cant remember where though...think was a recent forum.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

One off game = no SPP:s or winnings. Therefore you cannot hire freebooters for league matches as it would halve all player costs. In one off games stars aren't freebooted either, they are bought at full price for the team.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

One off game = no SPP:s or winnings

Is that anywhere in the LRB? Couldnt find a definition

Thanks

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The full prices for stars are for games where you can buy them.

You cut out the ending of the paragraph you quoted:

Quote:
star players may only be hired as freebooters when playing league games...This means that the only time you will pay the full cost for a star player is when they are being used as a member of a team in a non-league game

If ranked games are one offs, are you suggesting that teams should be allowed to buy stars for their teams in the ranked division? Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked is a 'league' as it uses the 'league rules' section of the LRB, which covers SPP's, skills, injuries, aging, handicaps etc... One off games don't need these rules, but all fumbbl games use them so clearly all fumbbl games would be considered to be 'league' games under the LRB.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

OK - I guess I get it now

Thanks

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

mully 700 posts oooooooooo

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked division = Open league (no set schedule)

a one-off game would be your ranked team and my unranked team playing each other IMHO Smile
 Jump to: