38 coaches online • Server time: 15:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tricky_D

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2004 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a troll with break tackle. However, sometimes the break tackle skill just doesn't work and agility is used instead. This has caused some annoying turnovers. I know that the skill can be used only once - that's not the problem.

The last time this happened the troll started its blitz by blocking an adjacent player, got a pushback result and followed up. Then when he was gonna breack tackle out of the same opponent's tz break tackle wasn't used. The LRB doesn't mention anything like this, neither does the client-boardgame differences file, so I'm suspecting a bug. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and could someone please explain excactly how the break tackle skill works in similar situations?
BusterXXXL

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2004 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you must command him to use break tackle, just like throwing team mates or multiblock
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2004 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Break tackle isn't used if it will not help. That is both you succeed without it, or fail even with it. I assume you rolled a 1, which is always a failure.
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2004 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The skill is only used if it would make a difference. For example if you rolled a 1 (failure) or a 6 (succes) the client would state : "Break Tackle skill not used, it would not make a difference " (or something along those lines).

Mithrilpoint
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2004 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

In board play the dodge roll is attempted, then if a normal dodge (ie an agility based target, /w Troll = 5+) is failed, Break Tackle skill can be used, and thus the ST of the player is used in place of the Agility, 5 instead of 1. So with a troll dodging 5+ then the Break Tackle kicks in and the same roll is used but with Agility 5 target, ie 1+ with a 1 always failing, and a 6 always successful. Is it possible the original dodge roll was a (1). thus Break tackle would fail as well?
Tricky_D

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2004 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Brinoth and Mithrilpoint, that seems to be the case, i.e. the skill's only used if it helps. In other words, this means that if I'm real lucky with the first dodge (i.e. break tackle not needed) I can try another dodge later in the same move using break tackle.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2004 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

correct tricky