53 coaches online • Server time: 20:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
arranged????
yes
61%
 61%  [ 57 ]
no
38%
 38%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 93

BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Quote:
Arranged games (ie. playing to lose) will not be tolerated...

Quote:
No coach may under any circumstances simply abandon a game. Either concede or play on...

But this is in direct conflict with the previous rule...

I thnk that's reading into things a bit. Playing for survival is not the same as throwing a game. If you don't understand the difference, let me know, but basically one is a matter of prioritizing your team's future over the specific match while the other is a matter of prioritizing your opponents SPPs (and your opponent may or may not be doing the same) over the specific match. The difference is in intent and it may be difficult to tell from a replay but it is pretty obvious to the coach or offender in question.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Trust me admin brutality has not resulted in the perceived recent "fallling apart". If anything the KGBishness of the admins has been on the decrease. As a regular sparring partner with the Admins (despite being one of the monkeys) I have noticed that the heavy handed zealotry has been rather lame of late. Even peikko was nice to me when I ranted at him for locking one of my forum posts. And peikko is never nice to me. If fumbbl is falling apart it is your own fault. People take their pixels far too seriously. Do what I do. Drink, kill, win some, lose some, have some killed, cherry pick if it makes you feel good and always always foul!

BTW: disregard everything Britoth says as he is lame. (ad hominem attack! Which is against the rules!)

EDIT: as to this particular case.. who knows.. you think I'm going to watch two replays? Hahhahahahahahhahahahahahah

EDIT II: I like the whole nationalistic fervor in this thread. If y'all end up launching midnight attacks on sweden in order to dirupt the fumbbl server let me know in advance so I can go out for a beer or something while the site is down.

oh yeah. Join #EMU and help make fumbbl a better place.

Last edited by BunnyPuncher on %b %04, %2004 - %15:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
tasmanian

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Eddy. No community works on the rules of democracy. But also admins have to act not like sun kings in the use of their words.
Renegade

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Bla Bla Bla.

My point is why were the Stella Ardtwats (later changed to Stella Ardtwits) denied authorisation when the very coach that denied them has a team called Our Mission is to probe uranus.

Now that is the biggest hypocritical misdemeanour i've ever seen on Fumbbl.

Here's a small passage from the bio of said team,

Quote:
Star Patrol has Major Tom and the stalwart crew of Galileo deep towards the outer rim! After fighting some dreaded ring pirates in the saturn system, the rocket ship continues to blast towards Uranus. Their mission is to fully probe and explore the vast planet Uranus. How deep into Uranus can they go? What will they found in the cloudy atmosphere produced by Uranus? Stay tuned to find out!

Granted, this is highly amusing stuff. Infact its absolutely brilliant, however, the same standard must be observed across the board for coaches to take examples from the "admin"
Flix

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

@ m0nty 7-0 vs Flix
think EVERYBODY should KNOW now that i got Virus and a Player Out Card in that match
So there is nothing to compare about that game

And what Kanzo did in that game was Arranged

If Frikipe was a victim or a dealer of the game is the choose of the Fumbbl Admins
And that is the Important thing what the whole thing is about

in the Fummbl Rules is written that both Teams will be Retired after an Arranged game

@spanish
Make the best out of this,
perhaps try to make final talk to the admins
that the whole think isnt in that dark ligth
Harvester

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that I am here, I might as well throw in some of what I have experienced.

Here is another "incredible replay" (i guess you can call it that), where the skaven team was coached by yours truly:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=446739

If I remember correct I invited the Wood Elf to a match, and we played the game. It was a good game, at least that was what I thought. But the result wasn't so good, cause it ended my skaven teams life on the pitch: It got retired due to someone thinking it was a fixed match or something.
During the game I played to get touchdowns and not to kill the opposing team. Thats just the style I liked to play, because I really wanted to let Trakin get a lot of TDs. Ofcourse I also played to win, but I didnt block unless I had too, as every single die roll can go bad if Nuffle is looking, and then Trakin wouldnt be able to score.
But the team got retired and there was nothing I could do about it, even though it had been a fair and non-fixed match Sad

Harvester

PS.
I reviewed the match and as far as I can see, I never fielded #4 even when it looked like there was room for him on the field and he didnt seen to be mng when you watch the replay. I checked the last game, and in that one he got a movement drop while playing. If I remember right, then that will be a mng too, but this didnt show up in the replay.
Tommi

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvester wrote:
Now that I am here, I might as well throw in some of what I have experienced.

Here is another "incredible replay" (i guess you can call it that), where the skaven team was coached by yours truly:

That does look like a perfecty fair game. Looks like Nuffle struck after the match. I guess there would be demand for a server/league thats got objective moderation ( = no moderation ).
Kanzo

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix, how can you assure the game was arranged? Maybe 'cause i didn't wnat to play you in the same conditions? If this is what tou have to do to win a Faction title, go on, do it all the times you can.
I only played to recover my team, i would be silly if I put my werewolfs in play to be killed.
The only reason to call this game arranged was that stupid dodge I made with my AG4 zombie. I t was a really stupid move, I don't know what I did it, but I'm not a cheater, this is sure.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah but you are not an admin, so you have to be banned
Glomp

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade wrote:
Bla Bla Bla.

My point is why were the Stella Ardtwats (later changed to Stella Ardtwits) denied authorisation when the very coach that denied them has a team called Our Mission is to probe uranus.

Now that is the biggest hypocritical misdemeanour i've ever seen on Fumbbl.

Here's a small passage from the bio of said team,

Quote:
Star Patrol has Major Tom and the stalwart crew of Galileo deep towards the outer rim! After fighting some dreaded ring pirates in the saturn system, the rocket ship continues to blast towards Uranus. Their mission is to fully probe and explore the vast planet Uranus. How deep into Uranus can they go? What will they found in the cloudy atmosphere produced by Uranus? Stay tuned to find out!

Granted, this is highly amusing stuff. Infact its absolutely brilliant, however, the same standard must be observed across the board for coaches to take examples from the "admin"

'Twat' is a naughty word that the kiddies shoudn't hear (and no DDF it still isn't a pregnant fish).

'Our mission is to probe Uranus' is only offensive if you understand the joke already and even then I don't see anyone finding it offensive at all. If you want to get rude words past the censors make it subtle...

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You have got to be joking.

Stella ArdTwats is obviously a parody of the drink. Which isn't intended as an offensive word at all. Talking about probing someones arse on the other hand was intentionally written to represent that. Don't try telling me what is and isn't offensive. This is a certain example of an approver abusing his position.

For your condition i'd prescribe Flash liquid detergent. It works wonders at removing brown marks and stains from ones nose...

Stop being biased and base your opinions on facts rather than friendships, the fact you've done that totally voids your pointless post.

-Ren

BTW im currently working on my new team - "We are going to come in Uranus and destroy the outer ring with our trouser operated white phosphorus liquid propellant"
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvester wrote:
But the result wasn't so good, cause it ended my skaven teams life on the pitch: It got retired due to someone thinking it was a fixed match or something.
During the game I played to get touchdowns and not to kill the opposing team. Thats just the style I liked to play, because I really wanted to let Trakin get a lot of TDs. Ofcourse I also played to win, but I didnt block unless I had too, as every single die roll can go bad if Nuffle is looking, and then Trakin wouldnt be able to score.

Perhaps this is part of a conspiracy to encourage more bashiness on Fumbbl? "Don't you DARE go for TD's where there is a Block to be had, or the team is finished!" This certainly makes me think twice about 'risking' a diceless TD or three when there are two dice blocks I could be dubble skulling first... Confused
Glomp

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade wrote:
You have got to be joking.

Stella ArdTwats is obviously a parody of the drink. Which isn't intended as an offensive word at all. Talking about probing someones arse on the other hand was intentionally written to represent that. Don't try telling me what is and isn't offensive. This is a certain example of an approver abusing his position.

For your condition i'd prescribe Flash liquid detergent. It works wonders at removing brown marks and stains from ones nose...

Stop being biased and base your opinions on facts rather than friendships, the fact you've done that totally voids your pointless post.

-Ren

BTW im currently working on my new team - "We are going to come in Uranus and destroy the outer ring with our trouser operated white phosphorus liquid propellant"

'Twat' naughty word with no other obvious conotations.
'Uranus' planet, and also a humerous playground term for 'your arse'

'Twat' is explicit
'Uranus' isn't

Understand yet? One nod for 'yes' and a shake of the head for 'no' wil do.

I'm not brown noseing, I'm pointing out that if you want your teams approved you might have to rub a few brain cells together and exercise some sublety.

I'm not going to waste my time like a dumbass having to re-submit because I fancied calling my brand spanking new Human team the F*****g F**ktards from F**ksville

If your going to use words that might make some little kids mum give it a clip round the ear then you cant really expect it to be approved.... duh Rolling Eyes

In case your wondering neither 'yes' or 'no' are offensive...

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Right I am locking this thread now, there are many coaches posting on here about unfairness and why oh why stuff, when i wasted 2 hours last night expalinging it to them before this was even posted.

m0nty had nothing to do with the retirement of the other teams it was all down to me, the circumstances were different and I explained it all to them, still there is persistant disregard of my repeated explanations

there has also been other coaches who have suffered similar punishment and they were not spanish, if you think I am racist then come say it to my face

the whole story hasn't been posted here cause certain people are looking at it through rose tinted windows, I am not about to go posting it here either due to it basically being the business of the coaches involved

if anyone really dislikes the league that much then just remember we run this place for free out of our own time for little gratification, sure maybe sometimes mistakes can be made

I am sure if nothing were done at all to prevent people cheating then fumbbl wouldn't be as popular as it is now, fact remains the match in question i deemed it to be a violation of the rules, it wasn't the first case i have dealt with like this and unfortunatly I don't think it will be the last.

Now if anyone has an issue with it then feel free to come and talk to me, further posts will be removed.
 Jump to: