20 coaches online • Server time: 08:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to have this team in Stunty?
Hell, yeah!
34%
 34%  [ 12 ]
Damn, no!
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Yes, but you should change this and that (explain)
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Okay, somebody please ban him
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
I should explain more. In 3rd Edition any St5 player could pick TTM as a skill.

Stunty already has ST2 Tzeentch horrors throwing each other, and ST3 cannons. This isn't necessarily a problem.

Not sure about the 55k rerolls -- there aren't any odd prices for rerolls elsewhere in the game.

Linemen should be 1-16. And why are they 60k? Regular gnome linos are 50k, and sneaky git is nothing compared to S access. (Especially because SG becomes less valuable the more players have it.)

Wrestle on the champions is interesting, both for the same reason wrestle in general is interesting in stunty and because these guys look like the main ballhandlers. You sure they have to be a one-of? I'd bump this up to 2.

Brute is also overpriced. Compare the pro halfling mootguard -- dodge + pro + stand firm + stunty + no negatrait > TTM + 1AV. But the mootguard is 65k, so even if you're deliberately overpricing him, 85k is way off for the brute.

The Warpstone Warrior... so this is a lino with mutation access and regeneration? I'd find something more interesting to do with this guy... I get that you want to give a couple guys M access, but right now that's all he has.

The wood armor... not crazy about the fluff on this one. The player in general seems kind of thrown in in a "we should have a big guy, what's the bare minimum that can be a big guy?" kind of way. Also, no negatrait?

I mean, in general, how would you sell this team?

PROS
-- Excellent armor
-- Decent strength/damage potential
-- Mass sneaky git on linemen means fouling is somewhat more viable (though the odds of NOT breaking armor in stunty are much lower)

CONS
-- Worst speed in the game, even slower than regular gnomes
-- Players are very expensive -- a 16-man roster with all positionals would run 1100k, which would be the most expensive in Stunty by a wide margin.
-- Not especially skilled (aside from stunty/dodge/right stuff, the only skills on the roster are the champion's wrestle/NOS, the brute's TTM (and bonehead) and MB on the big guy)

I mean, to me, the armor is the only especially good thing about them. And armor just isn't that interesting from a play standpoint. They're going to get outrun, outskilled, and frequently outhit by whoever they face.

And any one of those things wouldn't be a problem.... but consider the competition, as it were. Other slow/durable teams. Gnomes have four of the most skilled positionals in Blood Bowl, S access on most of their players, plus four bombers. Nurglings have regeneration and M access across the board, the FA/DP combo, two guys who can be among the best blitzers in the game, and two of the best big men in Stunty. That's at least two "hooks" per team better than anything these dark gnomes have. (And they're so expensive that they'll be facing more skilled teams at every TV range.)

I mean, this isn't a complete mess of a roster. But it's underpowered right now, and I don't really see a "hook" here -- a thing that would compel someone to play the roster, a thing that makes you say, "oh, hey, these guys can do THIS." Which doesn't have to be a big thing -- the gnomes and Nurglings (above) have bigger hooks than most stunty rosters. But I think it needs to be bigger than this.
fidius

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Gnomes already have built-in fluff from D&D in Svirfneblin, not sure if you care to use it. Along those lines you could leave the "technology" bit to regular Gnomes, and go more the Chaos/Magic/underground-dweller route. eg spread more M around, and replace the Wood Armour Suit with an underground pet:

0-1 Xorn 150k (3519) (SM/GAP) Really Stupid, Jump Up, Sure Feet, Foul Appearance
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2014 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks fun and I like the fluff, but the roster is a bit weak.

You can only have 1 player with MA5? That needs some big advantages to compensate for it. The only thing this team has going for it are a lackluster big guy and some chaos fling linos. Real gnomes have built-in killers with all normal rolls, spammed S access, and they get bombs; even they get 2x MA5-sprint.

I think the champion needs some improvement... 5 2 3 7 wrestle NoS [A] isn't really good at anything.
I really like that you're trying to build a non-bashing team, but it needs something else going for it to work.

I'd also give the warriors either MA5 or block or ST3 or SOMETHING. Now they're just chaos flings with -MA+AV.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that this team seems much more competitive than Goblin Cheaters or Faeries for example. I'd drop the ag of Brutes to 7
 Jump to: