69 coaches online • Server time: 19:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Check out the following Orc lineman: Dementia Alzheimer's Type, from my Encephalopathies team.

He has rolled well on skills and now has the stats 6 3 4 9, and is valued at a whopping 123K. I know that stat increases cause significant increases in strength rating, but doesn't that seem grossly inflated? I mean, I could buy a HE or DE lineman ( 6 3 4 8 ) for 70K... is an extra point of AV worth over 50K?

Is this a flawed calculation, or an accurate depiction?

Thanks,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I could be wrong on this, but I believe that the stat increases are intentionally weighted as being higher than the base stats.

If you think about it, what does an Orc team really need to be as well-rounded as possible? Extra movement and Agility. Of course this is not an orc-specific calculation but extra MA and AG on a High Elf team (for example) makes them even better at what they do.

Basically the extra weight is because it makes the team better as a whole, rather than the individual player. A 6349 player on a High Elf team isn't nearly as much of a boon to the team as a whole as he would be on an orc team.

Make any sense? It's just my guess at it.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

True BMM.

It's basically because you gain an extra 20k in value for each extra skill you get, period. I actually have a 5338 Regen zombie worth more than a 6338 Block, Regen Wight, its awesome Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

yes it's some kind of positional linos. he he
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It's all based on comparison to his peers. An orc blitzer ain't compared to other elves; he stands next to other orc blitzers. If you consider the general idea that the large majority of players are rookies (after all, anybody new to a team is always a rookie), then an experienced player is going to be worth more than the "average" member of his race at his position. Give him more speed/agility, and he's going to be worth far more than your "average" orc blitzer who walks in the front door and is shown to the pitch.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Basically the extra weight is because it makes the team better as a whole, rather than the individual player. A 6349 player on a High Elf team isn't nearly as much of a boon to the team as a whole as he would be on an orc team.

Yeah, I suppose it makes sense... he IS a pretty kickin' player for an orc team, especially one composed almost entirely of linos. Smile Makes sense, and yet still feels odd. Guess I should look at it more from a team perspective as opposed to an individual perspective.

Thanks,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way hunter, your team's theme would be much more impressive if you had the rule "At all times, the team must carry the maximum number of goblins that injuries and cash will allow, and field as many goblins as fitness shall allow also." Wink
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2005 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

If you put two dark elf lineman onto the orc roster it would make them awesome .Their increased cost reflects that .
 Jump to: