40 coaches online • Server time: 14:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Division will win the FUMBBL Cup
Box
32%
 32%  [ 59 ]
Ranked
47%
 47%  [ 87 ]
Serious? are we taking this box/ranked debate to this level of violence? YES!!!!
19%
 19%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 182

sonrises

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

**Bob & Jim FUMBBL CUP Review**

Bob: Good morning Blood Bowl fans! FUMBBL CUP doesn't stop and we bring all the action to you!
Jim: You right, Bob. 49 games have taken place already and plenty more to come today.
Bob: Absolutely, Jim. Let's have a look at coaches after match comments.
Jim: All right Bob. There we go!

Bizarre Bazaar (Elf) 4 vs 1 Plu[T]onium Bomb Squad (Human)

Bizarre Bazaar coach comments:
Facing a rag tag bunch of humans that paid for Griff, Zug and Grandpa Shitestorm... the Circus came to town.
Knocked Zug back into his former glory (rumors are that he and Rolf Anders are on the down-low...) and after a riot of fans wanting Griff Oberwald's signature (locks of hair, headshots, foam fingers, etc.) Wolfgirl managed to get his signature on her Trapper Keeper, and then she bit him.
The circus came into town and left just as quickly. Tough dice for you DZ. Good luck in future tourneys.

Plu[T]onium Bomb Squad coach comments:
Here we are our Tournament N°4 ... the great, the only one, and the big sum for inducements. Have thought about an ogre but decided diffrent. Well looking afterwards an ogre with guard wouldn't have been the lousiest choise.
It started great with a perfect DEF for me and a snaked dodge of a str4 catcher, giving me the possiblity for a 3GFI Thrower-Pin by Griff. Snakers day for Griff and the counter turn with two CAS (Line & ZUG; how great), a pass and leading TD by the Pro-Ladies. Well my turn ... he kicks --> short LOS corner, well done ... PITCH INVASION ... Ehhh, many of my player including Griff are down! ... Hmmm consenquently he was fouled out! (Bravo,a good decision). Nevertheless we made the TD.
My kick in the middle. Rock stunned a blitzer! How great, but I got chance to counter after missed pick and an dodge turnaround. Yes, now just riding the wave, baby ... free the ball ... YES ... pick the ball ... NO ... lousy scatter ... damn. Afterwards standard elf magic ... pick, dodge, pass, catch, run ... PFFFFFF...uck! Wiz used (shouln'd have it used there).
Again the lead for the circus crew.
Seacon' half we start ... our offense wasn't that great prepeared, but we had a round of ungreatfull GFI bringing us in a big big trouble ... but with some affort of Luka Major, we were able to recover the controll for short... unfortunatly the missing skills and stats gave the opponent the better position and with a great blitz, pick, gfi they scored third time ... game lost? Yeah lost, mah, who cares let's hit them, but ... they kick ... short ... BLITZ (arggg)... they catch the ball and controll the situation ... and made the 4th TD! *sight*
What to say, could have been different but wasn't. Good luck at the tourney and win it!

Ruette (Wood Elf) 3 vs 0 1st Team - 1st Mistake(s) (Chaos dwarf)

Ruette coach comments:
Speaking with Coach Harad is KO Magazine:
KO!: You must be very satisfied with that performance.
Harad: Yeah it went to plan really. They are a rookie team so it's very hard for them. They brought in some players for the big day but they didn't really perform.
KO!: And Cal showed his class!
Harad: Yes, but I want to talk more about the other players. We know Cal is a big game player but it was Jimmez who got the first TD and some great performances from the linemen all round really.
KO!: Any more on their merc lineman who went down claiming injury in the first seconds of the match?
Harad: You'll have to ask Wingwing.
KO!: And...
Harad: Sorry, we have to go, we have a game to prepare for. I just say, well done Wingwing, for a team starting out you put on a good show.

Ruette (Wood Elf) 3 vs 2 Konfettinjos (Undead)

Ruette coach comments:
Speaking with coach Harad is KO! Magazine:
KO!: That referreeing?
Harad: I don't want to talk about the ref. If I talk about the ref, I have to talk about the chainsaw, I have to talk about the fouls, I have to talk about the dirty looks they were giving our players.
KO!: Is that a portuguese accent you are developing Harad?
Harad: What? No.
KO!: And what about Cal's sending off.
Harad: I didn't see it.
KO!: You're right, it's not portuguese so much as it sounds french. Any comments on the game.
Harad: They're a tough team, they don't know when to quit and they kept pushing us. The deaths will hurt us. I have to go and be with my team now, we need to heal as a group.
KO!: Shouldn't you just go out and hit the Bloodweisers? What, Harad, come back?

Box Rooked Again (Undead) 3 vs 0 Blackspine Reapers (Dark Elf)

Blackspine Reapers coach comments:
Well, we messed up!
After knocking the ball free from the ghoul via stab-blitz in the middle of the 1st half, the Reapers were too worried about the wizard to attend to their own training (coach didn't notice we're out of RR's). Against a coach of Tymless's caliber, you don't get many second chances - it was all downhill from there with many failed dodges and KO rolls. Was very fun & enjoyed participating in our 1st tournament
Well played game Tymless & always a great opponent! Good luck in the FC Very Happy

Box Rooked Again coach comments:
Well it worked out to be a fun match with no serious injuries. What more can you ask for. I thought I had lost it in the the same turn you had forgot you had no more rerolls. The fact is that simple double skull turned the whole game around to my side. Was a well played game and would welcome a match anytime.
Thanks for the wishes towards my future FC games.

Beef Heart (Chaos Pact) 2 vs 1 Dreadknights (Dark elf)

Dreadknights coach comments:
It has been over two years since the Dreadknights had taken to the field and what a way to make a come back than a Major Tournament. Dreadknights won the coin toss and chose to receive. They wanted to set the tone early and let Beef Heart know why they were infamous. Malikith was taken out on the 4th turn leaving the Dark Elves playing without their Legend. A battle broke out in midfield and it looked very even. It would continue until midway through the first half that Talion began to make his move up the field. He would throw a quick pass to Emeyin but the Lord of the Dreadknights would drop the ball. The Chaos Pact forces quickly converged on the ball with two players. They were both knocked away and Emeyin picked up the ball. He ran up the right side of the field where a single Pact player made a huge play knocking him down in one attempt. BH could only cover the ball with two players but it was still very well guarded. Bane the dirty Lineelf picked up the ball and threw a quick pass all while in a tackle zone. Linken caught it in single coverage and all he needed to do was dodge away. Unfortunately he was tripped up and both teams go into the break scoreless.
BH received in the second half and they had a noticeable numbers advantage. Their Dark Elf Renegade, Edagener, ran the ball up the field. He was caged up and they slowly marched up the field. The Dreadknights put up a respectable defense making life difficult for the Pact team but it was not enough to stop the score. BH would score with two turns left in regulation.
DK received and they put on their hurry up offense. The fans were rowdy and charged into the field stunning most of the BH players. DK surged up the left side of the field with Lucretia running the ball. A Wizard blasted the Witch Elf with a lightning bolt causing her to fumble the ball. Edagener dodged through and recovered the fumble but Lazarus made a big play and tackled the Renegade. Lucretia jumped up, grabbed the loose ball and sped into the endzone to tie the game at one a piece sending the game into overtime.
DK won the coin toss and chose to receive. They tried to recreate their previous score up the left side of the field but BH was ready. The receivers were shutdown and Talion chose not to force the issue. He decided to hand the ball to Dante and the Lineelf swung the ball to the right side of the field. Lucretia made a key mistake trying to knock a Marauder down but ended up KO'ing herself instead and freeing the opposing player. The Marauder took a shot at Dante but was not able to take him down. Dante dodged away and attempted a quick pass to Judas but the ball came loose as he began his throwing motion.
BH surrounded the ball and this time they were able to steal possession. DK tried to delay them as long as possible hoping for a favorable coin toss result. Lazarus found an opportunity to tackle Edagener causing a fumble right by the endzone. Judas tried to be a hero and pick up the ball but fell on top of it instead. The ball would bounce one space backwards but that would be a deciding factor. Edagener stood up, came back for the ball and tried to go for it into the endzone but fell on his second try ending all chances of a touchdown. The buzzard would sound to signal the end of overtime and the end of the game.
The team advancing to the next round was decided by a coin toss and BH won it. The Chaos Pact forces move on but both teams put on one hell of a game. Congratulations to Coach Jorj.
Good game, jorj!! Thanks for the match, mate!! Good Luck in the rest of the Tournament.

Beef Heart coach comments:
Great match description! It was a hard fought battle. I tip my hat to the coach I was definitely out coached.
A rookie mistake by Emeyin(the player) in the first half cost him the game.
Great game Emeyin! I very much enjoyed and had fun in that one.

Average Mediocrity (Human) 2 vs 1 Ninja Harem (Amazon)

Average Mediocrity coach comments:
Very intense match, which ended in a narrow win for the humans. The linewoman who died in turn 1 due to a foul is the first to go in this entire Cup! More will surely follow!

Atei (Dark Elf) 1 vs 0 What a smell (Nurgle)

Atei coach comments:
It was a very interesting match, good dice for my darkies and also several cas...
Hope to keep those kind of rollings also on the next turns!!! Very Happy

Last edited by sonrises on %b %10, %2014 - %15:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work sonrises keep 'em coming. I think a lot more coaches including myself will be typing up match reports to try to up the profile of their team!
CroixFer

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

5 point match: Fleetfoots Revenge

4 point match: Depated geniuses

3 point match: rada bada

2 point match: Play the Man, not the ball

1 Point match: cultura of the dead bunnies

5 point Speculation bet: hydraulic
CCSenor

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

5pt- Rada Baba

4pt- Forty Miners

3pt- Play the man not the ball

2pt- Departed Geniuses

1pt- Booty Pirate

Speculation bet - Fleetfoots Revenge
T3mpano

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

In just under an hour...

The Punishing Monkey vs Its about showtime!!

Read all about the prematch here

And read all about the match here
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Where are we nominating Fan Favourites? This thread or somewhere else?

Because if you've seen Calkin Sproutman's 1st round performance - you'll have to agree that the wee man qualifies for nomination.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight...

2 dodges 1 blitz

vs

Random Acts of Malice

...at 21:00 BBtime!

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Lavino Fighting Hellfishes (JanMatthis) just lost vs some random Blackbox chaos.

Which makes me sad.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Where are we nominating Fan Favourites? This thread or somewhere else?

Because if you've seen Calkin Sproutman's 1st round performance - you'll have to agree that the wee man qualifies for nomination.

Haha he is awesome!

Panda_ wrote:
Lavino Fighting Hellfishes (JanMatthis) just lost vs some random Blackbox chaos.

Which makes me sad.

Hardly a random box team but yup, a tough draw for them. Sadly it's hard for humans to get a good draw Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Bob: Good morning Blood Bowl fans and wellcome to Bob & Jim FUMBBL CUP Review!
Jim: All right, Bob. Time for SUNDAY's FUMBBL CUP NEWS ROUND UP
Bob: Absolutely, Jim. Let's have a look at what it has been published around the Old World about the Fumbbl Cup.

Jim: All right Bob. Let's start with KO! Magazine inside look at Great Gobbo's "The Green Tide" headquarters.

Fumbbl Cup Draw
The Heist
The Heist 2: The Seekwell
The Heist 3: Stick as many cute Ewoks it is as possible for the toy money

Bob: Thanks Jim. Let's move on now to Showtime Inc facilities and check how they were getting ready for their FUMBBL CUP debut.

Fumbbl Cup XIII - Round 2 prematch

Jim: Nice, Bob. And let's finish with The Ulthuaner's special sports issue catching up on their local team "2 dodges 1 blitz" preparations for the Fumbbl Cup.

Fiasco of a cup for the Ulthuan box scene
Preparations

Last edited by sonrises on %b %15, %2014 - %01:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
sonrises

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2014 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Bob: Good afternoon Blood Bowl fans! We are getting close to 1st Round deadline. Only 56 Hours to go!
Jim: You right, Bob. 39 1st Rnd games to be played yet. So, Keep tuned fans for more FUMBBL CUP action.
Bob: Absolutely, Jim. Let's have a look at coaches after match comments.
Jim: All right Bob. There we go!

Schlumpen (Nurgle) 2 vs 0 Karak Hirn's Rockers (Dwarf)

Schlumpen coach comments:
Having fed my boyz only the exquisit of rancid food for weeks they got even uglier and gross - so Pregals Dwarves were brought down by sheer terror and blessings of Nurgle.
A good game for the Old Ones -nearly everything went right.
Blood was on the dancefloor. Sfintul Mitraleara was doing his job properly. Hence he got even the MVP. Cool.
Nurgle fanz going nutz and storming the pitch after kick off the second half.
Thanks to them and to Pregal, my opponent, who is a real gentleman.
For my appreciation to his dwarves i sent him the finely envelopped remnants of my zplatterd Rotter as a present.
a votre sante , messieur!
...now onwards for the the elven scum that is to be revealed soon

Punish the Monkey (Orc) 2 vs 1 Showtime Inc (Wood Elf)

Showtime Inc coach comments:
Awesome game!
Incredible coach, tough rival team and appreciative crowd who got upset because it took like 12 turns to see the first casualty!
I had done a bit of replaying good Wood Elf coaches vs orkz and had been given advice not to rush into the cage and take my time to score...which lasted about 2 turns hahaha
I managed to score in T-4 and was basically fleeing from the blitzers...just barely.
His powing was subpar and my armour held like adamantium, with him only being able to score in T-8 and a bit on the edge.
Second half we took an early TD (says a lot about how the rival really wanted to play and not only win by stalling) and we even managed to press the ball and make a push for the 2-2...but then Mork showed up and decided it was time to see some elven blood.
Both WD's out, a prone legend eating grass...and a lowly ork thumping his skull: the crowed went beserk when they saw the light plating fly, but the medical aid managed to arrive in time and all was fixed.
We continued to push until T-16, with absurd and risky blitzes, lightly tempted by the monkey but focused on giving the crowd the best run for their money.
I'll expect the rematch against the FC XIII winner...and kill his monkey this time!

Deck of Dragons (Orc) 2 vs 1 Eternal Battlefield (Chaos)

Eternal Battlefield coach comments:
Great game in the FUMBBL Cup - the Eternal Battlefield actually was clinging on to a hope of stealing a win until hired hackmaster Max Spleenripper thought it would be funny to eviscerate himself with his own chainsaw in the middle of the pitch.
While the Chaos gods were greatly amused by the sudden act of stupidity/violence, it didn't do much for the gameplay of the Battlefield as it quickly went south after losing their #1 maniac, and the orcs hung on for the victory.
Best of luck in the Cup, BlueDevil - our team (and what's left of Max) will be pulling for you!
Note: Two of my beastmen skilled up as a result of this match - one took +MA, and the other WOULD have taken +MA if he wasn't already +2MA from his prior two skill rolls. Had to "settle" for Block with him. The team now has 2 +MA beastmen and 1 +2MA beastman. *moo* *zoom*

2 dodges 1 blitz (High Elf) 3 vs 2 Random Acts of Malice (Goblin)

2 dodges 1 blitz coach comments:
-What was your weakness today? Even though you won, there seemed to be some confusion about your gameplan.
"In hindsight I think not trying to stop 2-1 score was a mistake. Even though it would've been really hard for the opposition to hand off the ball to that little guy with big stick, they might've been able to push themselves under our skin - our armor. And that was kinda scary thought even though our apotechary was not occupied today."
-You chose to recieve, what was the rationale behind that?
"Choosing to recieve after winning toss was no error. We had observed the opposition's previous games and were quite convinced that there would be at least some foul play involved wich required us to try and make them show their trick cards from the beginning. It paid off as some flammable liquids were duly confiscated by officials after our 1-0 score. The big noisy mechanical saw was of course left unattended because of the stadium keeper's purse..."
-Yes about those 'secret weapons' your opponent's wielded, how do you feel about referees who accept bribes to allow those fiendish things to cause carnage?
"Oh well, we managed to get the ball out from the big stick guy right after the recieve, so we had little to no problem taking them out next set up. We were confident that what little there was left of the drive the ref wouldn't allow any of those machines in play. And we were correct. Althou I think I heard some raging screams from the opposing dugout after ref banned that saw."
-And how was the physical part of your game? Kuorii did get his nerve pinched right at the very start of the game, did playing with less than 11 man for 17 turns affect you in any way?
"Obviously it did, we had fine control over their players and could mark them effectively. Tunks did a great job while sacking that pogo-stick guy and it was only due to their well paid apotechary that did manage to pump enough painkillers to Nemazt. I really dig that player by the way, even though he is using assisting tools he really is capable ball player."
-So how are you going to be preparing for the next match?
"We'll see about that, right now I can't tell about the future but I think we got some very good experiences for our key figures. Our offensive game will improve however."
And that was The Ulthuaner's Blood Bowl correspondant straight from the 2 dodges 1 blitz locker room after their blunt 3-2 win over Random Acts of Malice. Thank you for watching the match from The Crystal Ball Service, presenting all games BEFORE AND AFTER the live game. Have a good evening!

Purple Delvers (Dwarf) 2 vs 1 Stiff Little Flingers (Halfling)

Purple Delvers coach comments:
This was no classic. The Flings had their chances and it could easily have gone very wrong, but in the end the Dorfs were just too dorfy for even the walking woods of three trees.
Harder tests await.

Bluebay Crammers (Halflings) 2 vs 1 Gecko boogie (Lizardman)

Gecko boogie coach comments:
Fun game that showed me how these small guys (well mainly Calkin) shouldn't be underestimated. I figured 3 block-mb-tackle saurus will be enough to stop them but I was very wrong Smile
Still wondering what I should have done differently to win this game...
Gl in the cup CCSenor, I will surely cheer for the flings! Hope you win this Smile

Bluebay Crammers coach comments:
In a match full of twists and turns Calkin Sproutman's rediscovered turn of pace was key as he scored 2 Td's and brought down blodging saurus 'Stophorus' to stop the equaliser when overtime looked a certainty.
The Crammers are into the second round again and looking to go one better than last year by creating an even bigger upset and getting past Brainsaw's, Offenbacher Kickers.
May Nuffle be with us . . .

Pellopanian Sensibilities (Lizardman) 2 vs 1 Black Sun Bulwarks (Orc)

Black Sun Bulwarks coach comments:
Big Boss's take on the match: The lads had all the luck they needed out there today but still couldn't get the result. True the ref was against us, he didn't even want our money, but we should of done better. The squad will have a rest now before we start prepping for the next major. Congrats to the opposing coach on a well deserved victory.

Pellopanian Sensibilities coach comments:
Hard fought match where the Orcs just wouldn't give up and kept coming back to be a threat all the way to the last play. Lost a key skink, we'll see if we can win without him. On the plus side, the rookie stopped rooking and caught a nice +AG

Watchmen Philosophy (Chaos) 3 vs 0 La Legge Sono Io (Chaos Pact)

Watchmen Philosophy coach comments:
“Things are tough all over, cupcake, an' it rains on the just an' the unjust alike...except in California.”
-Alan Moore, Watchmen
From the outset this didn't appear to be a fair fight, but we all know that Nuffle sometimes has other ideas. With a minotaur and chainsaw-wielding orc recruited from the pool of mercenaries, Apollo looked to level the playing field a little.
The opening whistle saw the pact team receiving and their initial blocks did little more than stun the Watchmen on the line of scrimmage. Mothman returned that favor by promptly knocking out Girolamo Klintz, considerably weakening the muscle of the pact line. Turn two was more of the same as the mercenary minotaur was sent to the casualty box for the remainder of the game. Turn three and Jimmy Sarchiapone was badly hurt, but patched up neatly by the apothecary and allowed to continue. All of Nuffle's love seemed to be in Watchmen Philosophy's favor.
EGB retreated deep with the ball and remained out of range of the Watchmen blitzers. Carmine Mella did break free from Dr. Manhattan and line up deep as a receiver, but a series of unfortunate breaks left EGB face down on the turf with the ball in clear danger.
Rorschach and Big Figure covered the ball near EGB. Franco Superanimal suffered a casualty at the hands of Sally Jupiter and Nite Owl took care of Nico Trallante. The casualty total was at four after five turns and the apothecary had left for the concession stand. Things were about to go from bad to worse.
Turn six came and EGB was dead and gone.
By turn eight Rorschach had scooped up the ball and begun a mad dash for La Legge Sono Io's endzone. The hired wizard on the sideline sent him crashing to the turf with a lightning bolt and the ball popped free. Filippo Caramella scooped it up, threw it into the stands and the Watchmen fans promptly tossed it back in range of Hollis Mason. Dr. Manhattan put the hurt on Carmine Mella before Hollis Mason picked up the ball and handed it off to Big Figure for an easy touchdown.
Watchmen Philosophy 1, La Legge Sono Io 0
The second half began much like the first half ended. Girolamo Klintz, the gargantuan troll, was injured on a block by Nite Owl. The troll's regenerative powers failed him in this instance and he would spend the rest of the match nursing his wounds.
The Comedian served as ball carrier as the Watchmen retreated into a tight cage, no longer fearful that a wizard might take out the entire bunch of them. Jimmy Sarchiapone returned to action in his blitzing role, but the focus of La Legge Sono Io seemed to lie in protecting their chainsaw-wielding orc. Watchmen Philosophy chose to forgo the stalling tactic and push upfield, content in the knowledge that the chainsaw would disappear when a touchdown materialized.
Ricamino stuck his neck out as Mothman charged forward, laying the tiny goblin out with a vicious block. The tally now stood at eight casualties and the match was far from over.
Turn four saw Nite Owl race across the touch line as the referee blew his whistle and sent Ugroth Bolgrot off the pitch for his illegal weapon.
Watchmen Philosophy 2, La Legge Sono Io 0
Only seven players remained for the chaos pact, while Watchmen Philosophy still had a full complement of eleven. Perfect defense meant that La Legge Sono Io were unable to get any blocks in off the line of scrimmage, and Nite Owl followed that poor luck with yet another casualty - Givmi Lamano would not return to the pitch. A blitz from Sally Jupiter sent Jimmy Sarchiapone limping to the bench and the casualty tally was now up to ten.
After a failed pass by Onofrio Carbonella, Sally Jupiter hit Egi Golia for yet another casualty. Only four players remained for La Legge Sono Io and Watchmen Philosophy's coach had but one thought: keep the Watchmen safe for the next round matchup.
Captain Metropolis picked up the ball and made for the endzone, with Big Figure pushing to the center. A failed handoff in turn seven, followed by a successful pickup by Big Figure in turn eight meant the game was all over but for the turn eight formalities.
Watchmen Philosophy 3, La Legge Sono Io 0

Animated Amphibians (Slann) 2 vs 0 Burgundy cheesy rats (Skaven)

Animated Amphibians coach comments:
First game of FUMBBL CUP XIII. I was receiving in first half and had a real tough time trying to score. I made a few silly mistakes that ruined it all for me. fabienL played his defence really well and almost got away with it. Lucky for me I made my 3+, 3+ pass/catch for the TD.
Second half I got back the feeling of playing a true slann team. Being the defending team is alot easier for slann. And finally my skills on my team paid of. I managed to get the ball and get rid of his wizard before the match winning 2-0.
Overall a good game. Apart from the rats rampage in the last turns, it was a pleasure. Thanks to fabienL and to all the spectators for this game. Best of luck with your team Smile
Next up for me, nasty woodies.

'Edge Of Reason' (Human) 2 vs 0 Eurorack Patches (Elf)

Eurorack Patches coach comments:
My 700th game Smile
Not the best play ( and dice).
But at least i participated in the FUMBBL cup!

Børk! Børk! Børk! (Norse) 2 vs 1 Thunder In The North (Norse)

Børk! Børk! Børk! coach comments:
FCXIII is the first Fumbbl tournament for both coaches, and having successfully avoided Legend CPOMB teams in the first round, expectations were high. Both teams are fairly new and bloated with stat upgrades, Thunder with AG and multiple +ST, and Børk! with AG, MV and AV. Mighty Blow was limited to 2 players each, and neither team boasted a PO’er. Even with the lack of kill skills, armour and injury dice were gentle, and block dice felt like they yielded frequent pushes on both sides.
Thunder won the toss and elected to receive. They drove aggressively down the left flank into a half-cage, which would have been stoppable if I’d remembered his Berserker’s Jump Up, who cleared the way for the 2xGFI score in Turn 3.
Børk! received next and took the right side in order to get a shot at Lars the ST5 Ulf. I left the ballcarrier exposed on purpose to a dodge-and-2xGFI blitz from the +AG Ulf (I forgot about the +AG but might have done it anyway), which he nailed using a RR, taking my Thrower down. We recovered the ball and hung back. Fortunately Lars the wunderUlf got overexcited and frenzy-pushed himself into an uphill 2d block (which became a theme) with Snoo Cune-a the Snow Troll, which ate up another RR and didn’t end well (fractured skull – Apothecary not used). From here we curled to the left, then to the right, stalling for the Turn 8 score. Turn 8 was made interesting by some fancy dodging by the Thunder, and bonehead decisions on my part, but fortunately the ultimate 3+ naked dodge was a success and we were in for the tie.
We received for the second half, and KO’d one lineman off the block, but Ulf Cheeckee In Zee Besket (MVP of the match) double-skulled his block while the rest of the team was still out of position. (Step 1: Move mens. Step 2: Roll dice.) We elected not to re-roll as a ball-carrier blitz would require 3x GFI to get just a 1d hit, but it didn’t matter as Brede the Thunder Lineman elected to push our Berserker right into the lane, a move the coach surely wanted back. We curled left again, and although the Thunder recovered position reasonably well, another 2d blitz attempt on Snoo Cune-a resulted in a push and another 2d uphill block for a reroll and a second skull. In no rush, we backed up and consolidated behind the LOS again, but left our BC open to the blitz due to some bad positioning. Fortunately only the 1d blitz was taken, which came up Push, and from there we advanced freely upfield, having slowly gotten numbers thanks to some KOs and another casualty.
Coach TheThinkTank was frustrated with himself as this game was clearly winnable for him (particularly with the number of mistakes I was likewise making), but the frenzy-trap was unforgiving and eventually sealed the game.
Asked after the game for his thoughts, team leader and playing coach Swedish Chef remarked, “Suleed furst metch boot ve-a cun pley better. I veell noo gu meke-a sume-a meet lueffers! Børk! Børk! Børk!!”

Last edited by sonrises on %b %12, %2014 - %17:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
hissa-lives

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2014 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the match comments put together like that! nice work Smile
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 1 score sheets that have been entered and recorded

**Updated and Current through this post**

Round #1 is now closed to any new entrants. You must wait until round 2 to submit a pick sheet.

Malmir
5 point match: Departed Geniuses

4 point match: Play the man not the ball

3 point match: Spirit Breaker

2 point match: Samuel L Jackson

1 Point match: Gecko Boogie

5 point Speculation bet: Smallnight

Milford
5 point match: Samuel L Jackson

4 point match: Walpurgis 2

3 point match: Booty Pirate

2 point match: Agility Monsters

1 Point match: Bluebay crammers

5 point Speculation bet: Psychopathic Killing Machines

Bazakastine
5 point match: Samuel L. Jackson

4:point match: Forty Miners!

3 point match: Cult of the Dead Bunnies

2 point match: Gecko Boogie

1 point match: Departed Geniuses

5 point Speculation bet: In Dwarf we Trust

Rabe
5 point match: Hydraulic

4 point match: Booty Pirate

3 point match: Rada bada

2 point match: Walpurgis 2

1 Point match: Fleetfoots Revenge

5 point Speculation bet: Pine Valley Tribute Band

Emeyin
5 point match: Forty Miners!

4 point match: Departed Geniuses

3 point match: In Dwarf we Trust

2 point match: Rada bada

1 Point match: Cult of the Dead Bunnies

5 point Speculation bet: Booty Pirate

huff
5 point match: Cult of the dead Bunnies

3 point match: Play the Man, Not the Ball

2 point match: Forty Miners!

1 Point match: Walpurgis

5 point Speculation bet: Fleetwoods Revenge

Verminardo
5 point match: Gecko boogie

4 point match: In Dwarf we Trust

3 point match: Departed Geniuses

2 point match: Forty Miners!

1 Point match: Cult of the Dead Bunnies

5 point Speculation bet: Rada bada

T3mpano
1 point match Booty Pirate

2 point match Orcland Hippies

3 point match Cult of the Dead Bunnies

4 point match Caledor Blitz

5 point match Agility Monsters

5 point speculation: In Dwarf we Trust

the Bursar
5 point match: (Fleetfoot's Revenge)

4 point match: (Gecko Boogie)

3 point match: (Cult of the dead bunnies)

2 point match: (Departed Geniuses)

1 Point match: (Agility Monsters)

5 point Speculation bet: (Hydraulic

tmoila
5 point match: Agility Monsters

4 point match: Smallnight

2 point match: Play the man, Not the ball

1 Point match: Fleetfoot's Revenge I

5 point Speculation bet: Cult of the Dead Bunnies

PaddyMick
5 point match: Play the man, Not the ball
Sorry mister_joshua, but they look really mean. Wish you all the best though.

Feel sorry for them elves they could get wiped out. Still they have a shot, with that inducement money.

3 point match: Forty Miners
Solid looking compact tv dwarves, enough guard to cope with the orcs and an excellent runner.

2 point match: Agility Monsters
You can't cpomb a deathroller! its in the rules somewhere

1 Point match: smallnight
They beat my orcs 4-0 so I know these guys can play, and i'll be happy if they lose! win/win

5 point Speculation bet: Psychopathic Killing Machines (and this looks like the match to draw the biggest crowd)

Tricktickler

4 point match: Fleetfoots Revenge

3 point match: Samuel L Jackson

2 point match: Departed Geniuses

1 Point match: Play the Man, Not the Ball

5 point Speculation bet: In Dwarf We trust

cdassak
(betting against my heart)

4 point match: Fleetfoots Revenge

1 Point match: In Dwarf We Trust

5 point Speculation bet: Fleetfoots Revenge

liquidorange
5 point match: In Dwarf We Trust

3 point match: Agility Monsters

2 point match: Gecko boogie

1 point match: Fleetfoot's Revenge I

5 point speculation bet: Fleetfoot's Revenge I

game|set|match
5 point match: Fleetfoots Revenge I

4 point match: Play the man, Not the ball

3 point match: In Dwarf we Trust

2 point match: Gecko boogie

1 Point match: Rada bada

5 point Speculation bet: Walpurgis 2

Azure

4 point match: Gecko boogie

1 Point match: Departed Geniuses

5 point Speculation bet: Caledor Blitz

Immeli

4 point match: Spirit Breaker

2 point match: Fleetfoots Revenge

1 Point match: smallnight

5 point Speculation bet: Walpurgis 2

Dominik
5 point match: Fleetfoot's Revenge I
4 point match: Gecko boogie
1 point match: Play the Man, Not the Ball
5 point speculation bet: Booty Pirate

Rbthma
5 point match: (Samuel L. Jackson)

4 point match: (Gecko Boogie)

3 point match: (Departed Genuises)

2 point match: (Walpurgis 2)

1 Point match: (Forty Miners)

5 point Speculation bet: (Orcland Hippies)

Lorebass
5 point match: Booty Pirate

4 point match: Agility Monsters

3 point match: Smallnight

2 point match: Cult of Dead Bunnies

1 Point match: Gecko Boogie

5 point Speculation bet: Forty Miners!

Kill-Kill

5: Departed Geniuses
4: Samuel L Jackson
3: Fleetfoot's Revenge
2: Cult of the Dead Bunnies
1: Gecko Boogie

OT loser: Psycopathic Killing Machines

mister­­_joshua
5 point match: (Fleetfoot's Revenge)

4 point match: (40 Miners)

3 point match: (In Dwarf We Trust)

2 point match: (Cult of the Dead Bunnies)

1 Point match: (Departed Geniuses)

5 point Speculation bet: (Rada bada)

Altdorf Book and Casino: the Peoples picks

Altdorf Book and Casino: "The Peoples Picks".
AB&C has taken the average of all bets placed in the book to come up with the peoples picks.

4 point match: Agility Monsters

3 point match: Cult of the Dead Bunnies

1 Point match: Booty Pirate

5 point Speculation bet: Hydraulic

meanandugl

4 point match: Forty Miners!

2 point match: Departed Geniuses

1 Point match: Samuel L. Jackson

5 point Speculation bet: Hydraulic

Croixfer

4 point match: Depated geniuses

3 point match: rada bada

2 point match: Play the Man, not the ball

1 Point match: cultura of the dead bunnies

5 point Speculation bet: hydraulic

CCsensor

5pt- Rada Baba

4pt- Forty Miners

3pt- Play the man not the ball

2pt- Departed Geniuses

1pt- Booty Pirate

Speculation bet - Fleetfoots Revenge

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2014 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Current Standings of the Pickers challenge through Round 1

Azure: 0
Bazakastine: 0
CCsendor: 0
cdassak: 0
Croixfer: 0
Dominik: 0
Emeyin: 0
game|set|match: 0
Huff:1/0 1
Immeli:0
Kill-Kill: 0
liquidorange: 0
Lorebass:0
Paddymick: 0
Malmir: 0
Meanandugl: 0
Milford: 5/0 5
Mister_Joshua: 0
Rabe:2/0 2
Rbthma:2/2
the Bursar: 0
T3mpano: 0
Tmoila: 0
TrickTickler: 0
Verminardo: 0
Altdorf Book and Casino the "peoples" picks: 0

Round #1 winners and losers

Pick the winners results
Winners: Walpurgis 2, Pine Valley Tribute Band,Bluebay Crammers, Play the man not the Ball

Losers: Spirit Breaker, Samuel L Jackson, Gecko boogie,Hydraulic

Speuclation bet Winners and Losers
Winners: Hydraulic
Losers: SPirit Breaker, Walpurgis 2, Pine Valley, Samuel L Jackson,Gecko boogie, Bluebay Crammers. Play the man not the Ball.

Last edited by PainState on %b %10, %2014 - %19:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford takes the early lead in the pickers challenge as Gecko boogie and Samuel L Jackson just blow up some pickers score sheets.

A lot is riding on that Fleetfoot match. If they go down in flames all hell is going to break loose on the pickers cards.