31 coaches online • Server time: 09:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

savsta wrote:
Put me down for a place..

Ok, just apply to the group with a team, you're in if Cirion isn't joining.
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Just discovered my dwarves will encounter Norse in their first match. With everybody except my two runners having block it could well develop into a slugfest...

I'll keep you all informed.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I envy you that get a norse and two amazons in your group, must be be the best matchups there is for dwarfs.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that is indeed reasonably lucky. It might compensate (a little) the fact that I'm porbably the least experienced coach in this tournament...
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2005 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well what can I say this was my first tournament match ever. And I won against a very friendly and more experienced opponent. His norse started off really well with breaking Piet his ribs really early in the match. That was a real bummer. And he was sourly missed all match long and will be missed against the Orcs as well. The resulting brawl ended up in a 1-0 lead for the Norse with a really cool TD! (and surprisingly few Norse players missing)

Second half the armour of the Norse players finally began to give way to the relentless pounding of the dwarves and quite a few KO's resulted. Few of which had the guts to get back on the field.

In the second half we scored early and stalled (something I have never ever done in Ranked games) for 2 turns to get the secure 2-1 victory at the end of the second half.

The fans clearly loved the win (+FF) and we are now convinced that even for dwarves an apo is really usefull. So we hired one!

Thanks for the nice tense match Savsta!
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I see me and the captain are the first ones to reach round two. And what a match it was. Really exciting and tense... It could have been so different from this dis-honouring defeat. I will write it down in the holy book of grudges... ; )

match report:
Really nice and tense match between 10 orcs and 10 dwarves... After the kickoff (extra rr for the orcs) a huge melee developped where the Black Orcs dominated. Helped by lady luck the orcs stalled till turn 6 to get the TD.

Second half luck was more even than first half and the Orcs were hard pressed by the shorties. Lady luck helped the orcs out once more though with two lucky dodges and a failed Dwarf response. If those three actions had been different a 1-1 would probably have resulted...

Captain deserved the win however as he played very well! Gl in the tourney man.

At least I got some money and had the chance to help out the ladies of the FLW Amazones... Djordjevic will heal his wounds till after your match ladies!

Looking forward to defend my honour against them shady elves of the woods...
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I see me and the captain are the first ones to reach round two. And what a match it was. Really exciting and tense... It could have been so different from this dis-honouring defeat. I will write it down in the holy book of grudges... ; )

match report:
Really nice and tense match between 10 orcs and 10 dwarves... After the kickoff (extra rr for the orcs) a huge melee developped where the Black Orcs dominated. Helped by lady luck the orcs stalled till turn 6 to get the TD.

Second half luck was more even than first half and the Orcs were hard pressed by the shorties. Lady luck helped the orcs out once more though with two lucky dodges and a failed Dwarf response. If those three actions had been different a 1-1 would probably have resulted...

Captain deserved the win however as he played very well! Gl in the tourney man.

At least I got some money and had the chance to help out the ladies of the FLW Amazones... Djordjevic will heal his wounds till after your match ladies!

Looking forward to defend my honour against them shady elves of the woods...
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I finally managed to get 1 lucky point on round 2 of the tourney. Things looked like I didn't have a chance, but a couple of crucial ones rolled by my oppo in the end of 2nd half (and me failing nothing after that), gave me the possibility to tie the game.
Madhat

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2005 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Im in this Smile
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I sure would like to join this too Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2005 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems we might need a substitute for ChrisB, since he told me he'll be going for a holiday for 3 weeks. So if someone would like to play ChrisB's games (with their own team ofcourse), let me know. The substitutes also get to be the firsts in line if places open for season 2.

Odi
 Jump to: