45 coaches online • Server time: 13:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I am playing in a lot of leagues recently and I found that people don't use the scheduler to it's full potential. Most people probably don't even realize that they have been given an offer via the scheduler, so they ignore the offer. I think it would be great if players would get a site generated PM when they are offered a game on the scheduler.

Burn

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
Hi,

I am playing in a lot of leagues recently and I found that people don't use the scheduler to it's full potential. Most people probably don't even realize that they have been given an offer via the scheduler, so they ignore the offer. I think it would be great if players would get a site generated PM when they are offered a game on the scheduler.

Burn

Why not just send a PM?

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah pm is better
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Trust me I tried. Guess what 50+% of the time it still doesn't work.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that's annoying, it's still the best way though

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it's a good idea. Nobody uses the scheduler for the reasons stated, yet the scheduler has an advantage over the regular pm: scheduled games are shown in the group page.

Knowing in advance when games are being play could help league members spec their fellow leaguesters and hence strenghten the in-league bonds.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
i think it's a good idea. Nobody uses the scheduler for the reasons stated, yet the scheduler has an advantage over the regular pm: scheduled games are shown in the group page.

Knowing in advance when games are being play could help league members spec their fellow leaguesters and hence strenghten the in-league bonds.

Yeah, that is the other great thing about it. Some people would argue that you can friend all your league mates, but would be just easier that way.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

It is still easier to hand craft a PM then add the match to the scheduler once it is arranged.
Though yeah, people will forget or not bother.

You can also have a bit of chat and banter in the PM.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus the PM gives leagues admins a trail to follow when awarding concessions etc

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be a (small) improvement, so yea, I'm for it.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2016 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What I like about it is the interest it brings to the league. Organise games through PM and then add to scheduler but a auto PM would help remind people. We use it as much as possible for the DLE and loads of coaches watch matches almost daily. But sometimes one coach forgets and so such a PM would be useful in those situations.

DLE College 7s
 Jump to: