23 coaches online • Server time: 04:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you play a second team in CIBBL if this was possible?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 39 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 12 ]
Maybe
23%
 23%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 67

Calthor

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Good Day, CIBBL!
Spring has arrived, and CabalVision is proud to present the CIBBL Regional Competitions.

First of all, I would like to thank Burnalot for managing affairs during my absence. I was lurking around here and there during my time at Slaaneshii Pleasure Island, and I feel, er, much rejuvenated...

Now, I would also like to take a moment to hand out the following Achievements.
Since these are Winter Achievements, these do not count for Prestige Points. Similar Achievements in the future will count for Prestige Points.

Winter's Glory - Awarded to teams which performed excellently during their matches in Winter. Team Achievement
* Ninja Warriors
* Secret Cult Of Shiamoto
* Lords of the Silent Death

Child of Winter - Awarded to top performing players during the matches played in Winter. Player Achievement
* Jessie Graff (Ninja Warriors)
* Tutencal the Harvester (Guardians of the Lurking God)
* Ronin Lethal Strike (Secret Cult Of Shiamoto)
* Mosstail (Seven Samples of Decay)
* Hazu (Secret Cult Of Shiamoto)

Please add these Achievements to your team biographies and/or player biographies. Not just because it looks nice, but because it is actually necessary to keep track of these Achievements in this league. If you need help in doing so, feel free to ask how.

Now, without further ado, the Spring Regionals have started!

The Deadline for all the Regionals to be played is December 5, 40 days from now.
We will be looking for a Khorne player for the Chaos Wastelands. If not found within the upcoming time, the Filler will simply forfeit instead.

If you schedule matches, please feel free to use the scheduler so that people can possibly know when to spectate your match.

Finally, what follows are the official CabalVision Predictions:

Cathay and Nippon:
Winter has already shown how competitive this region is. With three of the teams assigned with the Winter's Glory achievement, CabalVision excitement is high, and betting is difficult. Nonetheless, CabalVision betting, due to results in Winter, favours the Ninja Warriors.

The Chaos Wastelands
With the Khorne team dropping out, most likely because the team is simply out on a literal war path, the remaining Chaos Gods are eyeing the prize with greed. CabalVision is looking at the Pleasure Principle to take control.

The Old World
Many of the matched from the Old World so far have been little else than draws, making it very difficult for CabalVision to point out a favourite. However, eyes are on the Montetrise Noblemen, who already seem to have a small edge in skill.

The Southlands and Araby
The largest region of all, and the most savage of them all. One team has not shown its colours yet on a CabalVision pitch, and others have not played their full range of Winter matches either. It remains to be seen what will happen here, but the Guardians of the Lurking God have displayed an uncanny grace in their power, and CabalVision therefore believes they might be a force to be watched.

Enjoy!
- CIBBL -
Calthor

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

*** Please send a PM if you are reading this and interested in playing Khorne! ***
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

All you bloodthirsty maniacs, your crazed god on his throne of skulls is furious that none of you stand up for the challenge.
There must be at least one coach who lives for the slaughter of the other team.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2016 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Position filled! That was quick.
SunBro

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2016 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

"It'll be a piece of cake, with my High Elf training, the green skins won't stand a chance!" Tenqchicc boasted.

"That's Stegadon-shit, Tenqchicc! You've never left the Southlands! I've half a mind to come over there..."

Leaning against the wall, off in a corner, Xlboq began to tune out the bickering of his teammates. His thoughts were elsewhere, thinking about the strange new coach the Mage-priests had chosen for the the Oracles. Xlboq was worried, why a human? What had those strange mammals ever done that was good for Lizardfolk? How could one of them possibly understand Lizard tactics? This prophecy was supposed to be important, but it didn't mention anything about who was supposed to coach the Oracles. Xlboq just didn't want to be made a fool of because some primate thought he knew how Skinks play Blood Bowl.

Before Xlboq could dwell on it further, the door creaked open and in walked a Skink bearing markings from the Academy, and behind him, the tall, puffy, awkward form of a human. The Academy Skink spoke, "Glorious Oracles! Your coach is here, may he lead you to victory!" The human gave an awkward wave, and bared his teeth at the assembled Skinks and Kroxigors.

"This fleshy weakling!? He knows nothing of our kind! This is an outrage!!" Xlatec bellowed. The human cleared his throat and began making noises Xlboq could not understand. Luckily, the Academy Skink could translate. "He says he is honored to be here and looks forward to many victories together!" The Academy Skink glanced downward as he spoke the coaches words.

"Whatever, we'll be fine with or without his help, let's get on the pitch!" Garkrox shouted, and led the Lizards out the door.

That's all for today, stay tuned for more!
misterlonestar

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightlord Throiskikkcin runs a clawed thumb over the blue and white Winter’s Glory badge. The goblin emissary bearing the award, full of meaningless platitudes of the Cabal Vision executives, had long since left the tower of the Nightlords and Kratskittar was down below leading the Clan Rats in their evening meditations. Winter’s Glory, the receipt of which was a surprise for sure as he had dared not predict the success the LSD had found this Winter Season, being so new to the sport of Blood Bowl.

His squad had fared well, their years of study in the Art of the Silent Death translating quite well to the pitch, aided by the inherent speed of his kind and the agility born from years of training. Throiskikkcin knew that they couldn’t rely on these natural gifts for long. They must get tougher, more skilled, and yes even faster to be able to find continued success in the Cabal Vision Inter-Regional Blood Bowl League.

The greying rat turns and tosses the badge on to his battered desk and slides the newly released Spring schedule to him. No more friendly contests. Now is the time when blood will be spilt in the name of honor and in these contests the true masters of the Eastern arts will be discovered.

As dusk reaches the small window of the tower the last rays of the sun glint off the fearsome grin of the Nightlord. Spring is coming, and the Lords of the Silent Death will be ready.
misterlonestar

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2016 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Year 1 - Spring - Game 1 RECAP: Lords of the Silent Death 3 – Secret Cult of Shiamoto 1
Calthor

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2016 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

For anyone wondering, for the purposes of figuring out the rankings in the Regionals, any tiebreakers are calculated as follows:

1) Head-to-head
2) TD difference
3) CAS difference.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2016 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

CIBBL is nearing the completion of the Spring phase, and will soon hit Summer, so now is a good moment to join! We are hoping to fill up another region!

So consider joining up alone or with some friends and stating your preference to fill up one Region in all your PMs!

To join CIBBL, please apply by sending a PM to me (Calthor), and and feel free to note it in the forum here.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2016 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

After careful examination and thought, CIBBL will also be able to run a Spawn of Chaos team, and this will be an option to choose for a new coach.
kaiwindstorm

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2016 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am interested in the spawn of chaos team.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2016 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

kaiwindstorm wrote:
I am interested in the spawn of chaos team.

I am afraid we will want a coach with at least 50 games under their belt on the site and/or some league experience for that position.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2016 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

There is still time to join for Summer, we can easily fit a prospective coach in if they are willing to play Spawn of Chaos or Snakemen!
Calthor

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
There is still time to join for Summer, we can easily fit a prospective coach in if they are willing to play Spawn of Chaos or Snakemen!

For anyone who still wants to join before Summer - time is running out quickly!
Calthor

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2016 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Summer is here!
 Jump to: