26 coaches online • Server time: 10:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
The New Rulz are:
Exactly what I wanted and predicted
17%
 17%  [ 14 ]
A sign the GW is getting the Blood out of BB
13%
 13%  [ 11 ]
A bit better than a piece of pie
28%
 28%  [ 23 ]
The final nail in the coffin of my hopes in humanity
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Par for the course
20%
 20%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 81

thoralf

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2016 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

To explain the chaotic nature of leagues, The Origins of Blood Bowl (Rulebook, pp. 36ff) describes the fall of the NAF circa 88-89, starting with Nikk Three-Horn's fraud, and ending up with complete bankcrupcy after a rapid succession of corrupt or plain incompetent officials. Half of the teams got disbanded, and

Da Rulebook, p. 39 wrote:
[a]lmost all the others were forced to sell their stadiums and take to the open road, travelling from town to town and playing matches against any opponent, any place, any time, and for any money they could get!

Facing financial difficulties, Cabalvision networks organized Open Tournaments, the first being the Chaos Cup.

Fast forward to Blood Bowl Today:

Rulebook, p. 40 wrote:
Now Blood Bowl teams are now much more like a travelling company of actors, or a mercenary regiment (or a combination of the two!)

Then comes the Majors, the game, referees (including bribery!), and cheerleaders.

The status of Blood Bowl leagues does not seem to be very clear in the Rulebook.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2016 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
thoralf, I seriously don't understand how any of what you suggest works if you aren't going to define what the terms you're using mean.

Meta-leagues? Friendlies? What are the implications for teams in friendly matches and how are meta-leagues formed?

It also seems that the digital and paper versions of bb2016 and DZS1 have different page numbers BTW. Page 19 of DZS1 Digital is a skill page.

Where did you find the digital versions? I'm looking, and can't find mention of a digital version. Is it part of the apps?
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2016 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

@ignatzami There's an app called My Dugout.
ignatzami

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2016 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

Crap.

Android and iOS only.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2016 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

ignatzami wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:

Crap.

Android and iOS only.

Laughing Your Razer 3G has no place in this world!
thoralf

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

One clarification and one correction, both courtesy of ArrestedDevelopment:

The clarification:

Update Team Stats wrote:
Add any Touchdowns you scored to the Touchdown section, and add any casualties you inflicted to the Casualties section -- casualties only count if they qualified towards earning one of your players Star Player points[...]

The correction:

DZ1, Re-Drafting wrote:
Take a new team roster then create your team again - just as you did when you first joined the league.

Creating a team seems to imply that coaches buy back the RRs and staff at the end of seasons.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
I am denigrating against fluff literalists because yall are ridiculous and constantly spinning your wheels on how things should be. Sucks to be you stuck in a cycle of crushed expectations. Fin.

I find more ridiculous people denigrating other people for having different opinions backed up by official background of the game.
I can sleep even if Humans are not as they should be according to the fluff, but I just find inconsistent that the rules don't represent their fluff and wanted to point it, nothing more.

Have fun in the prison of your mind.

LOL! You assume much pal & it's does you no favors of casting you in a good light to the astute. You see, this simple, one sentence, statement defines you completely. In fact it demonstrates why you, & not Matt or I, are, in fact, the one stuck in his own mind. I'll not elaborate on the 'why'. I'll leave it to you to smoke a bowl, addle your mind a bit more & then look deeply into the mirror to see the real truth. Who knows, it could be an enlightening experience for you. Maybe teach you something about empathy & acceptance of others views?

Fluff is fun. It's story-telling, bloodbowl style, & a bit of an escape from the real world for allot of people. Myself included. It also gives us a narrative to drive our teams themes & help increase, personally, our love of the game. And how we each love to play the game is THE most important part, for all Fumbblrs, & why there are many divisions & ways to play here. It's hardly something to think too much about or devote much time to, as far as forcing it on the rules go. I simply voiced an opinion, my opinion, on what I'd like to have seen & nothing more. I've many other more important things that my mind needs to attend to than BB fluff, team balance or rules. And I admit, I'm not the one to be creating any official BB rules set, for all to use, as I have a bias in regards to how I WANT to see it played & that's not necessarily how the game SHOULD be played or balanced. In any case, custom league allows me to make the changes I like & find other minds akin to mine own to play within those rules. If I only had the time. So, & again, I hardly spend much time thinking on it other than to voice a small opinion, here & there, of what I'd like to have seen, in the official rules set, from my personal point of view. To attack that, w/ fangs, shows just who YOU are IMHO. And so, now, I'm officially done w/ this subject & you sir. Fare thee well.
DEFO FIN

***Did you know...
That this mindful post was written by a gun-toting NRA member???
Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2016 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, but thanks for trying Nightbird.
 Jump to: