41 coaches online • Server time: 10:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are you even posting "asking for advice" then saying should you win more?
Do whatever you want.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Dump-Off is one of the worst skills in the game. I wouldn't even waste a normal skill roll on it if I could. I don't even like it when it comes for free either. It's just terrible.

Does anyone want a rant about why? Smile

Enjoy!

Fouly is WRONG WRONG WRONG!! He couldn't be less right if he took five lefts.

That being said, it looks like you took Dump Off on both - which is a bold move. Especially with the one being his first skill and the other having a skill that I don't think I've taken in all my games with Pro Elves.

Guard is solid, of course... and I've had Mighty Blow catchers that are wicked - the scourge of certain league games. Dump Off, though, is best used with Pro Elves when you've recovered the ball and don't have enough players to form a cage: Two catchers, side-by-side, they can't intercept and can only blitz one. It's frustrating to play against.

First skill, though, is tough... you absolutely want to get dodge and either wrestle or block on them as soon as possible. Take Pass on your next double if you really want to commit to the bit. It definitely isn't for everyone. The folks that would never do it - yes they might be better coaches than us... but they are afraid. AFRAID. You need stones to play the Dump Off game, and it is brilliant fun when it works.

Here's a fun lesson in Dump-Off Catchers

... and the most wicked Dump-Off Catcher I've come across.

Have fun keeping them alive!! Very Happy
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's another fun example of reckless and dominating Dump-Off elf play! Cool
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Dump off is fine as a final skill, but you want Dodge + Block (wrestle) on all your catchers, then a mix of tackle, sure hands, Side step, Diving Tackle, hopefully a stat increase or 2 between the 4, leap, strip ball, dauntless, Shadowing can be fun. Then I would consider Dump Off.

Basically what your team needs dictates the catchers skill selection really. Once your team has all the core skills then you consider the luxury skills.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Dump-Off is one of the worst skills in the game. I wouldn't even waste a normal skill roll on it if I could. I don't even like it when it comes for free either. It's just terrible.

Does anyone want a rant about why? Smile

Enjoy!

Fouly is never wrong!

First of all, I'm glad we agree that his elves will die super fast with the none skill of Dump-Off and no blodge.

2nd of all, Dump-Off adds too many rolls and all of them before knowing if it's actually needed to take the risk. So what are the risks I hear no one ask. Well I'm glad you asked!

Fumbling the ball, missing the pass and having the ball intercepted(!).

There's also the fact that it's a skill that you only get to use by:
1). Putting your expensive catcher at risk of death and injury
2). Screwing up on positioning.
3). On your opponents turn, and when he decides to give you the opportunity.

You take all these risks and then the opponent rolls push/push or skulls or something. And that's what kills it for me.

Jeffro is clearly wrong! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Jeffro wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

Fouly is never wrong!

You have clearly linked an empathetic response to your toddler and are now thinking like one, my hairy friend.

Two NoS Catchers standing side-by-side... neither marked at the end of your turn... one with Dump-Off. Your opposing coach cannot loose the ball from you... only Nuffle can. It is double secret genius stragetums wielded only by the stout of heart and thems that have emptied their heads of preconceived notions of failure. Good day sir!
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Jeffro wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

Fouly is never wrong!

You have clearly linked an empathetic response to your toddler and are now thinking like one, my hairy friend.

Two NoS Catchers standing side-by-side... neither marked at the end of your turn... one with Dump-Off. Your opposing coach cannot loose the ball from you... only Nuffle can. It is double secret genius stragetums wielded only by the stout of heart and thems that have emptied their heads of preconceived notions of failure. Good day sir!

This sounds like you're challenging me to a game!

I will teach you to not speak ill of our lord and savior Nuffle! He might giveth, but he LOVES TAKETH AWAY!

So the only question now is... do you have any pansy teams with the dreadful Dump-Off skilleth at hand?

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Jeffro wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Jeffro wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

Fouly is never wrong!

This sounds like you're challenging me to a game!

I will teach you to not speak ill of our lord and savior Nuffle! He might giveth, but he LOVES TAKETH AWAY!

So the only question now is... do you have any pansy teams with the dreadful Dump-Off skilleth at hand?
Just play Four Nations vs Four Nations in Secret League, and be done with it.
kummo

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2018 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty blow on one

Guard on other

Why mb? So your catcher can carry team like this dude did: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12035380

36 games
35 cas

thats nearly one cas per game!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2018 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Pfft! You need a Catcher like this one - https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9468421

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2018 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Jeffro wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Jeffro wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Dump-Off is one of the worst skills in the game. It's just terrible.

Fouly couldn't be less right if he took five lefts.

Fouly is never wrong!

Good day sir!

... do you have any pansy teams with the dreadful Dump-Off skilleth at hand?

OH I DO. Name a time, sir Mad
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2018 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah, I had a Dump-off/Pass catcher at one point...pretty sure he probably died getting blitzed ^-^

Fun sometimes, often disappointing though
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2018 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the dump off. Botanic Garden has had a number of dump off catchers and it's often quite good, when you can't control the pitch properly.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2018 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving catch for an ag4 player with nerves of steel is rather nuts. I suppose occasionally balls scatter next to him. And then dump off too! Well, he is a fun player to be fair.

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2018 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
Name a time, sir Mad

I want to believe

Jump to: