46 coaches online • Server time: 10:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
koadah wrote:
Can it be done in such a way that new images can be swapped in when they become available?

Yes, and that is my plan for a project like this.

Would having 2 sets of icons be feasible (1 smaller and 1 larger). At different resolutions, you would be using a scaled version of either the smaller or larger icons? Just trying to make a practical suggestion.

Oscar Wilde
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2019 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a code monkey, but are there any programs that can take the graphical output of a window, process it and spew it out into another scalable window?
could be stressful on the GPU, but today all the cool kids go around throwing GTX1050 and my workstation is equipped with a Quadro K2100m. I think I'm the only one that couldn't play games more advances than CoD2 at minimum specs. Recently I've finally grabbed two used GTX690 but unluckily they are on a pc far, far away from me. those without a dedicated GPU are usually ultrabooks with smaller screens and lower resolutions... has anyone any knowledge or experience in this direction?
cheers everyone.

Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2019 - 11:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
I'm not a code monkey, but are there any programs that can take the graphical output of a window, process it and spew it out into another scalable window?
could be stressful on the GPU, but today all the cool kids go around throwing GTX1050 and my workstation is equipped with a Quadro K2100m. I think I'm the only one that couldn't play games more advances than CoD2 at minimum specs. Recently I've finally grabbed two used GTX690 but unluckily they are on a pc far, far away from me. those without a dedicated GPU are usually ultrabooks with smaller screens and lower resolutions... has anyone any knowledge or experience in this direction?
cheers everyone.

There are no magic solutions. It's possible to do just what you suggest, but it's going to look like garbage. You absolutely don't want to scale text like that for example.
 Jump to: