58 coaches online • Server time: 11:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm assuming that the below quote from the GW article is a mistake? I mean the reference to slann. Or do slann encompass lizardmen in the GW universe?

“Jim, you were saying Slann coaches have an easy time with weigh-ins?” – Bob

“That’s right. Turns out the players bring their own scales” – Jim
Chivite

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

they do indeed, Slann is actually a space race that came to the old world, they set camp there and created the lizardmen to protect their temples.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
SILLY BILLY IS DEAD. He isn't on the list from the stream. They replaced him with a 210k 7419 block, grab, standfirm, loner

losing silly billy is huge, his replacement is good, but i rather pay the extra 40k and get him with guard... anyhow, between downgraded silly billy and no hemlock it looks like the future is interesting
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
I'm assuming that the below quote from the GW article is a mistake? I mean the reference to slann. Or do slann encompass lizardmen in the GW universe?

“Jim, you were saying Slann coaches have an easy time with weigh-ins?” – Bob

“That’s right. Turns out the players bring their own scales” – Jim

Slann would be the head coaches.

This is why leaping frogmen slann won't return. Slann are huge fat wizards in gw lore. The old slann are long gone, you have to back to 3rd ed warhammer to see them.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
SILLY BILLY IS DEAD. He isn't on the list from the stream. They replaced him with a 210k 7419 block, grab, standfirm, loner

That is like Slibli, who has been around for a while. Though is (or was) 250k. Could be renamed I suppose with guard taken out to be only 210. I think I prefer having Guard in tabletop tournaments, as it better adds something over normal saurii, but 40k cheaper would be quite a chunk off to get another strong guy in. In tabletop tournaments Saurii need to use some skill slots for block, so without Slibli you probably wont have a block guard option on 1 player.
If Hemlock out too then arguably Lizardmen slightly weakened overall for tournaments or large gap tv matches.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to work out how GeeDubs chose the skills for the chameleon. How does having a long tongue that can catch prey give you shadowing or, especially, pass block?

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:
I'm trying to work out how GeeDubs chose the skills for the chameleon. How does having a long tongue that can catch prey give you shadowing or, especially, pass block?

shadowing represents their ability to basically turn invisible.

Pass Block I guess is part that and part extendable tongue.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2019 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:

That is like Slibli, who has been around for a while. Though is (or was) 250k. Could be renamed I suppose with guard taken out to be only 210. I think I prefer having Guard in tabletop tournaments, as it better adds something over normal saurii, but 40k cheaper would be quite a chunk off to get another strong guy in. In tabletop tournaments Saurii need to use some skill slots for block, so without Slibli you probably wont have a block guard option on 1 player.
If Hemlock out too then arguably Lizardmen slightly weakened overall for tournaments or large gap tv matches.

I mean the big reason silly billy was so good was the guard and guard on a loner is well worth more than 40k. Elijah Doom is now the only guard star.

As for hemlock, his replacement loses block and jump up (how often do people block with him instead of stab?) and he costs 20k more, but comes with a second skink who has dirty player, sneaky git, and sidestep.

So it's like paying 20k more for hemlock and a bribe
 Jump to: