112 coaches online • Server time: 21:11
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Amazons teamgoto Post Secret Isle of Misfi...goto Post Blackbox Trophy and ...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
amazingprizzini



Joined: Dec 08, 2009

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2022 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I jsut wondering about people's thoughts on getting to a build of Dark Elves that emphasized speed rather than their linemen.

It's possible to start this way, but an eventual 11 man roster of:
4 blitzers
2 witches
2 runners
2 Assasins
1 lineman (preferibly with SG and DP)

It's the Assasins that make me wonder about the viability of this concept- they are fragile and more expensive than a lineman.

But it could be a run roster, basically having the speed of Wood Elves with more and tougher blitzers and some special abilities thrown in.

Seems like it could be fun, although I am wondering about its efficiency and strength.

I don't know, what do you all think?
Sp00keh



Joined: Dec 06, 2011

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2022 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Wood Elf linemen are the same AV and MV as Witches/Runners/Assassins, but 40k/10k/15k cheaper

So you're spending 130k to swap those 6 players... which is not .. terrible
As you say, having 4 blitzers is great

I'm not sure it's going to be very strong, but why not give it a go?


Also consider Skaven
Or, taking +MV for 20k


Last edited by Sp00keh on Aug 10, 2022 - 17:59; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys



Joined: Feb 29, 2004

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2022 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The main problem in my opinion is that there's a lot of expensive stuff, and expensive stuff means TV.
You are going to face pretty high tv teams with that roster, and I'm not sure you can compare skills-wise. Maybe.

_________________
Image
Sp00keh



Joined: Dec 06, 2011

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2022 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, its 1020k just for players + 150k for 3 RR + 50k for apoth = 1220
amazingprizzini



Joined: Dec 08, 2009

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, I wish the Assasins were more useful- at least they gave them mv 7 this edition. You can make a runner work, but this is going to be one very fragile time with four of your players having less than optimal skills.

Taking +Mv is really hard for those linemen, since its so hard to get them to 24 SPP. That said, I think it might be a fun team to build up to. Replace the linemen slowly with the witches/runners/assasins, and see how much fun a MV7 dark elf team is. I don't think it's optimal, but it might be a lot of fun, and might throw some opponents off.
amazingprizzini



Joined: Dec 08, 2009

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, it would be easier to just do it whenever seasons are implemented, and use the (hopefully) 1350k of gold to buy the shiny speedy roster in the second season. (Along with one or two carry overs.)

Could be a lot of fun that way.
uzkulak



Joined: Mar 30, 2004

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

you still need three stooges for the LoS. If you make those the cheapest players possible (which you should), then you can ditch the assassins or 1 assassin/1 runner and have a much more viable team IMO.
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i dont want to be debbie downer on this but If this is a C team and once redraft hits that will make it harder and then if they do agent fees then this concept is impossible to achieve. So get your "project" done before this happens.

_________________
Comish of the: Image
Lyracian



Joined: Oct 29, 2015

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Well, i dont want to be debbie downer on this but If this is a C team and once redraft hits that will make it harder and then if they do agent fees then this concept is impossible to achieve. So get your "project" done before this happens.

I would have thought this was easier with redraft? You get a 1350 budget to start not 1000.

Sp00keh wrote:
Yea, its 1020k just for players + 150k for 3 RR + 50k for apoth = 1220

Drop the third TRR or the Apo makes it 1170.
3 Players with 2 skills redrafted = +180
Exactly 1350 draft budget!

_________________
Nuffle wills it.

Lyracian.
amazingprizzini



Joined: Dec 08, 2009

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, that's not a bad way to go about. I don't think it's the most efficient team, but I think I'm going to give it a go whenever seasons are implimented here.
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:


Drop the third TRR or the Apo makes it 1170.
3 Players with 2 skills redrafted = +180
Exactly 1350 draft budget!


Ah good sir you forgot about the stupid, insane and totally pointless game mechanic know as agent fees. Only coaches like Jan like this rule on FUMBBL.

Those three players you just rehired cost +20k each more. Because that cruelling 8 game season was just to much for those pixels to handle and they aged through agent fees.

So you only have +120 on redraft.


Thus you can never actually develop cool players, do exciting things with them on skill up because they just simply cost to much because of agent fees. Thus the #1 reason to play FUMBBL in C is cool players and teams. That is all destroyed by agent fees...not redraft.

So your example above it totally right and can lead to exciting things IF AGENT FEES are not enabled in C. Redraft, cool...need to look at agent fees and how they destroy the fun and player development on FUMBBL.

_________________
Comish of the: Image
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:

I would have thought this was easier with redraft? You get a 1350 budget to start not 1000.


Right now how the C div plays is this....BB2020 Skill ups. No cap on how many games you can play, no cap on players themselves in terms of agent fees (the bane of FUMBBL IMO) and no redraft.

Thus you could play 100 games on this Speedy dark elf team and skill all of them up with +MA or Sure Feet or Sprint/Surefeet and had have a blast with them.

Once redraft happens that gimps that...once redraft w/agent fees happen....Cya.

_________________
Comish of the: Image
Lyracian



Joined: Oct 29, 2015

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Lyracian wrote:


Drop the third TRR or the Apo makes it 1170.
3 Players with 2 skills redrafted = +180
Exactly 1350 draft budget!


Ah good sir you forgot about the stupid, insane and totally pointless game mechanic know as agent fees. Only coaches like Jan like this rule on FUMBBL.

Those three players you just rehired cost +20k each more. Because that cruelling 8 game season was just to much for those pixels to handle and they aged through agent fees.

So you only have +120 on redraft.

No good sir; you have not looked in detail at what I wrote.

3 Players with 2 skills redrafted = +180
Two skills = 40k. + Agent fee = 20k. 60k x 3 = 180k

_________________
Nuffle wills it.

Lyracian.
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
The main problem in my opinion is that there's a lot of expensive stuff, and expensive stuff means TV.
You are going to face pretty high tv teams with that roster, and I'm not sure you can compare skills-wise. Maybe.


The main problem IMO is that this idea will take players surviving around 20+ games across the entire team to actually reach its zenith of power and might...which cannot happen anymore on FUMBBL for the above 2 posts I just laid out.

_________________
Comish of the: Image
PainState



Joined: Apr 04, 2007

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2022 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
Blah blah blah...PainState is bad at reading


You are correct good sir...Does not change the point Iam trying to make. Agent fees = BAD, Very BAD on FUMBBL in C.

_________________
Comish of the: Image
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic