57 coaches online • Server time: 15:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It should be clearer on the home page how to start a match. I was looking how to schedule a game or activate and it is not remotely clear. Bordering on deliberately hidden.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2022 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

But glad to see it is back.
I like the skill type selection skill too. Where it shows what options require more spp.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2022 - 01:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I've identified and fixed a couple of possible causes for matches not auto-launching. It would be very helpful if those of you who participate in the Blackbox to let me know if it works or not.
JanekT

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2022 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite a smooth process I found, and the game did indeed auto-launch for me (first time trying it, so cannot compare to pre-fix unfortunately)
iena

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2022 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Christer

Worked for me!
Thanks
iena

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If I activate for a draw and dont get a game but leave the page open, it activate itself again on newt draw.

(that caused delay or no show, both to me and opponents)
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

iena wrote:
If I activate for a draw and dont get a game but leave the page open, it activate itself again on newt draw.

I just joined the last draw and failed to get a game, I was deactivated from Blackbox straight away. I checked with Christer and there are processes put in place to deactivate everyone once the draw has been made.

Please give it a test next time you fail to get a game, you should see that your teams become deactivated for Blackbox, and when Blackbox is open again, you have to rejoin for yourself.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work! I'm always amazed how this site ist constantly evolving and improving, all driven by volunteers. I love it! Kudos! <3

If I understand correctly, right now if I create a [C]-Team, I can use Gamefinder oder Blackbox or both for finding opponents.

Concerning tournaments: Can and (if possible to say already) will there be tournaments that are limited to teams that only ever got their games through "strict mode", basically only playing Blackbox?

I am strongly considering the creation of new teams and getting back into the game a bit and since I do like Gamefinder, Blackbox AND tournaments (and carefully consider which team to thouww into which pot) while having very limited time at hand to start with, I would like to know if I have to take such things into consideration. Smile

(Safest way would probably be to only use the "strict" option right now.)

Edit: I've been absent for quite some time, maybe I missed out on some plans/roadmaps that are widely known - if so, I apologize!

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wooohooo Rabe \o/

Just re-create the Agility Monsters in C and start there Razz

Welcome back buddy Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get overly excited, my friend! But I am indeed afraid the temptation is too strong... Laughing

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 23:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The current policy for major tournaments is that they should be open for everyone who wants to join in, with any C team they wish. This is not something I'm planning to change.
Thresh

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2022 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the rules in blackbox regarding inducements?

I remember a while ago there was a bug with inducements where the overdog could buy inducements and the underdog would receive nothing. I recently played a game, where I was below tv by 95k, and my opponent can buy a wizard? I got 3 prayers, which seem pretty sucky, so I was just curious as to the rules and if this was a bug.

Thanks!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2022 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
The current policy for major tournaments is that they should be open for everyone who wants to join in, with any C team they wish. This is not something I'm planning to change.

Awesome, thanks for the reply, Christer!

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2022 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thresh wrote:
What are the rules in blackbox regarding inducements?

I remember a while ago there was a bug with inducements where the overdog could buy inducements and the underdog would receive nothing. I recently played a game, where I was below tv by 95k, and my opponent can buy a wizard? I got 3 prayers, which seem pretty sucky, so I was just curious as to the rules and if this was a bug.

Thanks!

Your opponent bought a Wizard with gold from his Treasury. That increased the TV gap and the game gave you 3 Prayers (every 50 TV difference = 1 Prayer) to compensate (and yes, Prayers suck and don't make up for the TV gap).
I guess you bought something, because with 95 + 150 = 245 TV you should have got 4 Prayers, not 3.
Anyway, it's not a bug, it's how the BB2020 Inducements system works.

As an aside, imho and from my particular perspective, I think that the Wizard is underpriced, he should cost 200k and the Treasury should be capped at 200k (without Expensive Mistakes).
Thresh

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2022 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok cool, thanks for the response. I think it is a little lame that if you are over someone in tv you can buy more inducements, but oh well.
 Jump to: