50 coaches online • Server time: 15:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2023 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I just can't work up the energy for the Time Shift (Daylight Savings Time) in US (most of it anyway) and crazy associated regions. Yeah... 2am local on this Sunday, the government will suck a year of our lives away. They don't even what to know how it made us feel. Not even for science! The Senate had passed legislation to leave us on the wrong time forever, but at least we could stop adjusting the clocks... but then the House never did anything with it. So we're stuck with non-linear time.

So no blog post from me about it. Smile Folks in (most of) the US -- be aware, we're gonna shift relative to FUMBBL Server time, and FUMBBL Server time should shift back on Sunday, 26 March.

(And of course, most of the rest of Europe either adjusts at the same time as server time. Half the planet, if they still adjust at all, will adjust in the opposite direction in April. And the intelligent portions of the planet don't change their clocks at all, because they know it doesn't REALLY change the number of hours of daylight available to them. (But of course these folks are uncertain if current technology allows us to adjust the orbits of the Earth and the Moon, so I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised.)

Anyway -- again -- folks scheduling games across timezones with North American folks... be aware the clocks shift this weekend, eh?

Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2023 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

And folks who ARE North American..... drive safely, okay?

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2023 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It's just a jump to the left....