46 coaches online • Server time: 10:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
apotre

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey

Can't get how to play Nobility

When I have to bash, obviously it fail
When I not to base, I can't get an opening

Do you guys have some good replays to watch to get the feel ?

Seriously considering to drop that team

Thx
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd really like to be able to search replays by the ruleset / races played / coach ranking

In the absence of that, the best option is to look at toplist for the race in [C], find someone who's got a good winrate and has played a lot of games, and then watch their replays
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&d=2&r=4965
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2022 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

well you are early in your FUMBBL experience..12 games.

Nobility is all about pitch control with fend/wrestle.

You need to focus on maximizing that. DP for that style of team is very effective. So, you need to focus on a 16 man roster to maximize the use of DP tactics.

If you find that your team is never really in base to base to throw blocks you need a killer blitzer type player. I would say your Ogre is the best option but it is up to you.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Mr Goo is using Imp Nobs in the WIL premiership, I doubt you'll find many higher level games than them: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=1053966

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If you like league play, they come prepackaged with skills fairly well. However, I would caution against them out of the box against the higher tier teams. They are definitely a group that you can cultivate. What style of play generally suits your taste? Maybe we can also discuss which teams may better suit your preferred style of play.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I have enjoyed a bit of success with them. Only 15 games and they are parked until the redraft in Competitive division. I purposefully chose games against a variety of races. 9-2-4 record.

I felt the most difficult matches are going to be against anything with high armor that will be able to create numerical superiority. (Though 2 losses were to halflings and vamps. Go figure.)

With these guys you have to play the positioning game perfectly and really be judicious about where to attack the ball. Fend, stand firm, and an ogre will cause your opponents difficulties if you are well positioned. I try to tie up a couple key players with Stand firm and the ogre and wait for the other guy to make a mistake.

Yeah. They are tricky to use but can be a hassle for the other guy.
smallman

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

They are only ok at low tv pairings. Once the other team has some MB, you lose the bash war, and not enough tools to cope.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2022 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
They are only ok at low tv pairings. Once the other team has some MB, you lose the bash war, and not enough tools to cope.

Yep. But 1350 redraft limit will keep it in the low range on Fumbbl. Even then bash teams will be a tough match.
apotre

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all for your replies Smile

Sp00keh wrote:

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&d=2&r=4965

Thanks for the link, did not know that, it's great !

PainState wrote:
You need to focus on maximizing that. DP for that style of team is very effective. So, you need to focus on a 16 man roster to maximize the use of DP tactics.

If you find that your team is never really in base to base to throw blocks you need a killer blitzer type player. I would say your Ogre is the best option but it is up to you.

Never thought to foul a lot with them, thanks !

Kinks wrote:
Well Mr Goo is using Imp Nobs in the WIL premiership, I doubt you'll find many higher level games than them: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=1053966

I'll watch that !

Gridironman wrote:
If you like league play, they come prepackaged with skills fairly well. However, I would caution against them out of the box against the higher tier teams. They are definitely a group that you can cultivate. What style of play generally suits your taste? Maybe we can also discuss which teams may better suit your preferred style of play.

Until now (started BB in 09/2021) I played only Dwarves. Very straighforward, I smash = I win. I love that; but I want to try something else, but not Skaven or Wood elves (saw them too many times)
Also wanted to play a "tier2" team
But seems like I can't bash agi teams, and can't "agi" bash teams

It's also very hard for me to not play like I have dwarves, I always block too much

Maybe I'll try Norse

Kondor wrote:
I have enjoyed a bit of success with them. Only 15 games and they are parked until the redraft in Competitive division. I purposefully chose games against a variety of races. 9-2-4 record.

I felt the most difficult matches are going to be against anything with high armor that will be able to create numerical superiority. (Though 2 losses were to halflings and vamps. Go figure.)

With these guys you have to play the positioning game perfectly and really be judicious about where to attack the ball. Fend, stand firm, and an ogre will cause your opponents difficulties if you are well positioned. I try to tie up a couple key players with Stand firm and the ogre and wait for the other guy to make a mistake.

Yeah. They are tricky to use but can be a hassle for the other guy.

Impressive. I'm pretty sure they can be a threat, but it look like I'll have to try sooo much times
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2022 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of Nobility, I'd recommend for you my favourites; Necro or Lizards

They're still strong, can still win a bash war, but also have fragile fast dodge players that you need to protect, but can pull off some remarkable plays

The problem with Nobility is they're a frustrator team. They don't achieve much directly, instead they frustrate the opponent's plans
The skills are mostly useful in the opponent's turn, which is unusual for Bloodbowl.
Which means to play them well, you need to out-plan the other team, get in their head, and predict their moves imo.
It's a weird choice of team to put in the starter box, because they're not intuitive
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2023 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

ARISE OLD FORGOTTEN THREAD OF THE PAST AND BRING FORTH THE WISDOM OF THE FORUMS ARISE!!!

Hey everybody, I was going to start a thread on this subject but, I knew I should look for some OLD THREADS 1st. ANYWHO...

I want to start or NECRO a thread about each of the NEW RACES of BB20 to talk about their Tactics and Strategies and see what insight has been gained from playing them and playing against them to better prepare my RETURN to BLOOD BOWL as an ACTIVE PLAYER.

One question I have about the IMPERIAL NOBILITY that I have that is not discussed in the thread above is how do you choose to SKILL THEM and DEVELOP them as a team.
Who needs what additional skills to be effective?

AND
Why are they a great team?
AND
Why do they suck?

What is unique about them that makes you want to use them in different ways?
AND
What standard strategies are they best suited for?

Go as DEEP and IN DEPTH as you like or keep it GENERAL

Do you believe in any OUTSIDE of the BOX Thinking on this roster?
OR
Are they relatively straight forward?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2023 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

they're about as good as 2016 flings. (ok probably not that bad, but still)

there aren't any skills that make them into an effective team. they're priced like elves, without the agility, and their only strength access.. wrestles instead of blocks.

anyone asking, i will always recommend, play a different team if you want to make them effective.
Bram

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2023 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Imperial Nobility and have booked moderate success with my Beeckerhoven Barons.

Don't have much time now to elaborate. As someone said they are a frustrator team with passive skills such as stand firm and fend. Bodyguards are key, even more so than blitzers. Yes, their armor breaks eventually, but by then you have hopefully already messed up your opponent's game. Also, with stand firm, mighty blow and guard they help you hit back. Give tackle to one bodyguard, it makes for a decent sacker after only 1 skill.

Try to fish for dirty players on the retainers. With luck you have one for 55k (and ST3 and MA 6!). More wrestle in the team is also good, as it helps you get down blockers to foul them. Block for 10k is also a keeper, obviously. I've even found strip ball to be of use. Nothing wrong with dauntless or kick either.

Get mighty blow on one of the blitzers. It costs 30k, but it's worth it. You don't want to blitz every turn with a wrestle bodyguard (and definitely not with an ogre). The blitzers skill fast, because they are your fastest players and ballcarriers. They blodge quickly, and tackle and sidestep are also good. I like one with guard, one with mighty blow. Then go for +MA or +AG. By then they should be close to legend, chances of death along the way are high.
Garion26

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2023 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have found them intriguing and fun while I don't have the success of Bram's team they are better then I think many are giving them. They are a solid tier 2 team - and with a few skills (dodge blitzers /guard bodyguard and lucky random general of your choice on the linemen) they start clicking.
Joost

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2023 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I find them the most fun team after Khorne. There will never be an easy game, but on the flipside you always have a chance because with all the fend and stand firm you will mess up your opponent's turn at some point. 4 times wrestle and 2 block to begin with make for a solid start at blocking, but they really shine once the nobles have dodge and the Guards have Guard. At that point they are probably at their prime TV and can be quite good I believe.

Scoring can be surprisingly tricky because, as Bram said, they are expensive as elves but lack the agility so your progression can be stalled. I believe the trick is to be patient and protect the ball until your skills mess up an opponent's positioning and you can break through with a noble carrying the ball.

Defense is where your team really shines, and I lean towards kicking over receiving first if you have no bench so you can apply your full team to making the oppo's drive as hard as possible. Just pray to Nuffle that you don't lose too many people quickly on the LOS.
 Jump to: