40 coaches online • Server time: 23:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thom_raindog

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2023 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I hope this is about the right place to post this. I'm not very familiar with processes around here.

I'd like to create a little tournament for a group of RL friends to play in. I know squad about creating touraments, but following the help pages I set up a private group

Inside that I created a RoundRobin style tournament. So far, so good.

Now: How do I invite people into the group? Is it enough to just send them a link to the groups main page?

I created a team for the tourney as a test. After I clicked "Submit for approval" (or somesuch), the team still doesn't show up in the tourney anywhere. Who does the approval? Isn't that me as the tourney admin?

And maybe more general: Can I set a max number of teams I want in the tourney? Because I'd prefer NAF / NFL style divisions with playoffs rather than 16 folks battling it out in one pool.

And: Can I actually delete stuff? Like that test team or maybe the whole tourney / group stuff, in case it all turns out completely wrong. Haven't really found any ways to do that ...

I'm sure I'll have more questions later.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2023 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.

Yes if you created a group and people create teams using the link on that page you can put them all into a tournament. Once the teams are created AND applied to the group you can use ”start tournament ” to add the teams you want.

If divisions - create several tournaments.

Delete stuff? Yes for sure, but teams can only be retired, not deleted.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2023 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

After the team is submitted it is auto approved and shows as "ready" on your overview. Then you need to go to your group, select the teams tab and apply the team to the group. Same goes for your friends.

After that group staff (ie you) can accept them to the group.

You can create different tournaments for each of your divisions, the teams to be in it can be selected when starting the tournament.

Tournaments and groups can be deleted if you wish so. In case your ruleset uses non-progression you should retire the teams in the group before deleting the group, otherwise the teams might be stuck in a broken state (happened to me recently)

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2023 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I Ok, thanks folks. My test team now shows up successfully on the tournament page. Not sure if that's because I "invited" the team, or because stuff just took a while.
One way or another, I think that part will work out.

As for "divisions": So there's no automated stuff here? I can't tell FUMBBL to make divisions automatically, with a max NO of teams?
Not too bad, so I'll just create several identical Tournaments with different names and fill them with teams myself. Right?

And for the finals, playoffs, I create yet another tournament, that one in Knockout-system? How do I get the teams from the league-phase into the playoffs then, once the group-stage has been played?
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2023 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Once the divisions are all played you just start the playoff tournament with the teams that should play in it

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2023 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Every division is a round robin tournament (I guess). Then once the tournament is over, you can create another one, KO style, and put the winners of each round robin into it, yes.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2023 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers folks. That sounds doable.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2023 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

You can add shell teams to your tournament to make it work. For instance, you may need at least 6 teams to allow for a tourney, but 2 of those teams can be your shell teams to make that happen. You would need to apply a forfeit win for any real team against your shell teams and then it would function as a 4 team tournament.