33 coaches online • Server time: 09:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
marksman0

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2023 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

In one of my games I chose to kick. I managed to get the ball on my half of the pitch and after t7 my player was in the scoring range, undangered. The opposing coach then wrote that now the play is easy and conceded.

Ok, so I won, but that didn't feel good at all. I know I got extra SPP and all but anyway I felt robbed of the touchdown I was working for the whole drive.

Does this happen a lot to you guys?
Is there any way to avoid this?
I can't think of anything but keeping a private list of coaches one doesn't want to play and avoiding Blackbox when they're active, but that seems lame.

Last edited by marksman0 on %b %18, %2023 - %11:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2023 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Easy concessions are not allowed by site rules:
"Concessions are to be made only when there is merit for them.
In this context, merit means that the conceding team needs a reasonable in-game reason for conceding. The team taking excessive casualties is one acceptable reason to concede. Other reasons include having a very distinct lack of players left to play with, or being clearly outplayed in terms of touchdowns."

If you think that your opponent conceded too easily you could report them.
Use this link: https://fumbbl.com/p/support
Let the admins decide.

As an aside, I humbly suggest to be more vague in your forum post, in order to avoid a potential "name & shame". Just generically talk about a "game you played" without too many further details such as the races involved.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %17, %2023 - %12:%Nov; edited 6 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2023 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Report it so that the admins can clean up the division.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2023 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a recent one as well, this *is* a roguelike game with real RNG rather than massaged player weighted RNG like modern Xcom, and Fire Emblem that have made their franchises less interesting by bending over backwards to the players. Like all roguelike games the results are not always positive. What matters during a small dose of adversity involves how you respond to it in terms of working within the unfavorable asymmetry when it does occur.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2023 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

If you think that your opponent conceded too easily you could report them.

Done.

MattDakka wrote:

As an aside, I humbly suggest to be more vague in your forum post, in order to avoid a potential "name & shame". Just generically talk about a "game you played" without too many further details such as the races involved.

My bad. I've edited the post to avoid pointing at the specific coach. Naming and shaming was not my intention.
Blasphemy

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2023 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I had same other day with my orc team, i kicked off, just after start of round 2 he said he wanted to concede as i had injured 2 of his players, on round 3 of first half (his turn) he conceded. I kinda felt robbed as for a change was having a good start to game
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2023 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I just had it happen but I am OK with it - forcing concessions is awesome. They could have easily won or tied the game but chose to run with their tail between their legs.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2023 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi admin team here,

Please report concessions that you feel unwarranted via the Support function.

We do look and monitor.

Reminder re rules:

Concessions
Concessions are to be made only when there is merit for them.

In this context, merit means that the conceding team needs a reasonable in-game reason for conceding. The team taking excessive casualties is one acceptable reason to concede. Other reasons include having a very distinct lack of players left to play with, or being clearly outplayed in terms of touchdowns.

Conceding when none of the above circumstances are fulfilled will require admin approval.
If you are unsure if your particular game qualifies for a concession, please consult the FUMBBL administration for a ruling.

A match where the administration rules that a concession is acceptable, even though it does not fulfil the policy stated here will have its match report page marked to reflect this.

Thanks
Clay
 Jump to: