81 coaches online • Server time: 20:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2024 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, but a bash team that is unlucky with cas, can still win. Imagine you know before the game starts that all injury rolls are going to be a 3. Most bash teams can simply modify their game plan, and still have a strong chance of winning, albeit a weaker one than if they do get removals.

Then, in an actual game, you play under that assumption; when reality occurs and you get removals, the bash team capitalizes, and can prevent long shot plays, or do extra stalls, or try to give an Ag 5+ player a touchdown.

My claim is that in that hypothetical injury is always 3 world, goblins will lose every game.
Java

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2024 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

That is hardly true

How many goblin games are lost because the point&click tackleMB guy removes too many gob linemen and the bribes are useless, or a troll is killed by a stray lineman?

Conversely, goblin teams CAN absolutely win without causing excessive* damage. A single well placed bomb, a fanatic opening up pathways, a well planned uphill sack...

*excessive according to WHO? The little "I shouldn't be losing to goblins" voice in your head? Wink

Again, this seems very much influenced by taste. "Positioning" is the most abused buzzword in bb. There's a lot of positioning involved in playing goblins too, just made harder by the low reliability.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2024 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Der besterest fing ter do wen sumwun conceeds against gobbos iz ter rite a blog bowt it!

Oh my god that was amazing thanks for the larfs! Possibly the greatest single achievment by the gobbo race ever. That is definitely one of those good concessions
extremegrazedknee

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2024 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
There's a lot of positioning involved in playing goblins too, just made harder by the low reliability.

This is absolutely true. Gobbos are seen as a plaything because the effects of weapons are so outlandish. But if you take positioning seriously its soooper important where you position everything or all your playthings become mere splishes on the turf. if you do it right then its more satisfying than blocking your way to victory or throwing moon balls with ag monsters
extremegrazedknee

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2024 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people want the latest power tools, and some like whittling. Gobbo coaches are more of the whittling variety (with sharper knives tho), its slow it takes craft and craftiness but theres nothing better than eating your Cheerios for breakfast with a spoon you whittled yerself!

-cept if some ************* steals the milk and concedes of course
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2024 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, "wreck your team" is absolutely my plan A. Sure, there's a lot more to it than that, but I'm not playing safe ball by minimizing failure chance at the expense of everything else. I'm doing some of that, but a lot of what I do is trading a small chance of failure to increase your failure odds by an unknown amount, and I would be lying if I told you that the "punch in the mouth" psychological effect of getting put on the back foot in a scrum wasn't a big part of the plan.

"Come out swinging" is a murder-first way to play, but it's time-honored and respectable, no?

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2024 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
That is hardly true

How many goblin games are lost because the point&click tackleMB guy removes too many gob linemen and the bribes are useless, or a troll is killed by a stray lineman?

Did somebody just say "point&click tackleMB guy"? Boyshape wants a word...

Post 14 Posted: Apr 20, 2024 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I fully agree with extremegrazedknee.