31 coaches online • Server time: 01:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15216

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile There's a whole section of badges for fouling and one of them is even NAMED for Paul Hicks!

koadah

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Now THIS is a player

Post 6 Posted: May 08, 2024 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It may be questionable to foul a player in the final round when a game is mathematically won (example https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4525939 round 8/7 overtime) and it gets on one's nerves but especially in competitive tournaments and until redraft is implemented I would say that fouling even if you have mathematically won the match may have tactical-strategic reasons (getting dangerous players out of the way).

So returning to the previous game although at the time I insulted Java (amicably ... with a nice Italian “vaffa” eheheheh) for the unnecessary caress, in the end I must say that he did well (and then let's face it: if snots don't fail who has to fail??? Very Happy)

Personally if I had a game against the UW and had a chance to foul a Gutter Blodge, sidestep, 2heads , sprint on turn 8 even if the game is won I would do it all my life.

I still dream of seeing someone who will foul killing a famous bloody orc Blitzer Break Tackle, +MA, +MA, Dodge, Side Step, Sure Hands from a wellknown Megastar coach who is always complaining that Christer does not implement redraft except then exploiting the lack of redraft paroxysmally. Smile

P,S) returning little bit more serious: the really strong players, the champions I mean (and on this site there are a handful of them ) never fail on the last round for no reasons (if they have won the game). But they are from another planet, I am not among them Wink

ciao!

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

There used to be a group called Throne of Blood where stunty teams gained points for kills. When playing a team participating there I would always foul every turn.

I also had a goal to build the best fouler so I valued foul kills extra high.

Here is a link to one of my teams.
https://fumbbl.com/t/1085620
Brosian

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

again, thanks a lot to everyone!

Post   Posted: May 08, 2024 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
...the champions I mean (and on this site there are a handful of them ) never fail on the last round for no reasons...

Thats a funny typo. Very Happy
Probably they are champions because they never fail.
Cool
Jambon

Post   Posted: May 09, 2024 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead / Necro get a Zombie from a death, even T16 foul death.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: May 09, 2024 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Jambon wrote:
Undead / Necro get a Zombie from a death, even T16 foul death.

no Stunty or St5, leaving (healty) big guys and overexpensive St4 out

however, if I have 40k to spare and a legendary goblin/treeman has been RIP'd by a block or a foul, I'm used to hire it and name it like the dead player as if it was raised! who wouldn't like to sport a zombified copy of Morg in his roster...?

JuicyBee

Post   Posted: May 09, 2024 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

If you play in an open competitive environment such as Blackbox, or even matchmaker, you can argue for fouling on the last turns because there are odds of facing the team again and obviously you want to hinder them as much as possible for any future encounter.

In a round robin league environment you might want to let them live if it means they have higher chances of winning games against your competitors.

I don't mind it in virtual environment, where the games take an hour and you can easily drop out and make a new team for the Box. The social lashbacks you might get in live leagues are obviously something to consider, and especially against fresh coaches it could be considered something called "a dick move", even if it might root out those who don't have the heart for a game such as Blood Bowl, where falling in love with your players isn't adviced.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 09, 2024 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Carabor wrote:
RDaneel wrote:
...the champions I mean (and on this site there are a handful of them ) never fail on the last round for no reasons...

Thats a funny typo. Very Happy
Probably they are champions because they never fail.
Cool

AHAHA
your are right! freudian slip, i will not correct. too fun!

Post   Posted: May 09, 2024 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

JuicyBee wrote:
If you play in an open competitive environment such as Blackbox, or even matchmaker, you can argue for fouling on the last turns because there are odds of facing the team again and obviously you want to hinder them as much as possible for any future encounter.

In a round robin league environment you might want to let them live if it means they have higher chances of winning games against your competitors.

In a league you have usually higher chances to face the team again, unless the coach restarts. So every perm counts!

daniel7582

Post   Posted: May 10, 2024 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Late game fouling can also be used as a way to "encourage" your opponent to engage you and give you blocks. I get no spp (on the pieces that need it) if you just lay there and we both end turns together. You can either stand up, concede, or eat the boot.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 10, 2024 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

daniel7582 wrote:
You can either stand up, concede, or eat the boot.

concession is not really an option for competitive games/tournaments in FUMBBL and may be sanctioned

I see only one reason of conceding when you mathematically lost, have more than 50% of your team out of the pitch (with at least 2 CAS and Apo used) and you see your opponent systematically fouling your team and maybe is a Trophy team you want to preserve for future (provided you dont have players with 3 or more advancements otherwise you risk to lose them).

But be aware that in official tournaments i think concessions is never allowed.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2024 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I will also add my name to the list of people who've passed up what would have been a winning td to foul with my gobbos.

This is for reasons of more accurately reflecting the race I'm playing. We take to the field with weapons, we are small squishable (with vengeance permanently seared on our hearts) and extremely spiteful. In the absence of parity on a statistical level we have always been taught to make up for it with limitless malice. Winning the game is a spiteful victory over big'uns. Clearing the pitch is payback for our fallen brethren and activates the cas related bonus claws in our contracts. Its a hard call but if a pitch clear is a realistic possibility then it should be achieved before scoring.

As a coach I definitely have a win first attitude (my wood elf teams have always found it hard to survive due to this- especially the wardancers) but figure if ive fouled for 15 turns to suddenly play like scoring was more important than a pitch clear would show a lack of integrity. This scenario only really applies to the last couple of turns in each half usually.

Gobbo matches are a high stakes gamble, lots of spp and fun sounds or a broken team are both possible outcomes especially for the teams that can exploit them most effectively (woodys and rats i think). 16 fouls is the price of admittance.
 Jump to: