51 coaches online • Server time: 21:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
geertfebe

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

i know guard is a great skill. When i get to use it, it is a great help. Still i seem to be losing when me and my opponent both have players with guard.
So my question is how to use guard effectively, because something seems to go wrong in my tactics.
Topper

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, notice which of his players have guard and then place yours so that you get the 2 dice advantage instead of just the 1 die block.
If you have trouble figuring out, try a training match against yourself. It´s about having the overview, and not loosing focus when it gets into a large brawl.
(Which I think happens to us all, once in a while)
Wizard

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, try not to place your gaurds into 2d blocks against themselves. Try to maximize there use by placing them next to opponents players you are going to knock over or push away- that way you reposition and can use the gaurd next turn. Try not to leave them standing next to the opponent because they will be knocked over, unless there is another gaurd helping them out.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

In a guard brawl, knock over or push the other guard away to the sides. You want your guard in the center to assist as many blocks as he can, while players without guard can assist on the fringe. If you tie up your opponent's guard on the outside, the guard becomes wasted (since a player without guard could assist just as well from there). Does this make any sense?

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard has two basic pricinples:
1) The more guard the better is every single guard.
2) The tighter the brawl the better.

Try positioning the guardplayer in the middle of your scrum with friendly players around him. This way your opponent won´t get a 2d-block without using guard himself or having higher ST. To use guard effective, place your guard, where he is adjacent to 2+ opponents. The more the better, but still check, that all squares around him are covered by friendly TZs. Never place your guard at the edge of a fight, where you could assist with a nonguard-player, too (unless there is no other player available of course). When fighting against guard, hit guarders first, pushing them out of the fight. Try to move their guards to the edges of the brawl.
geertfebe

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

thanx so far guys. It is much help. The tip of playing myself to practice will do good i think.
Cya around
 Jump to: