41 coaches online • Server time: 00:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

HUMANS Shocked ??

IMO humans are pretty bad. Now I know that there are a lot of coaches who are succesfull with hummies, but mostly these coaches would be great with any race. I for one have utterly failed at my attempts to have a succesfull human team.

Oh crap, went along with the hijack Embarassed

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

i try to ruin the thread for ever saying that i do not find filosofically incorrect to put fisical pressure on the lower av, faster, more technical team.
i'm a newby, and when buscopanz gave 8 wounds in 3 turns to my norse i was very angry.
But if you play with the final objective of winning, and expecially in the tournaments this has to be the truth, if you play as a sportsman, giving your best to win, you have the DUTY of finding the most efficent way to do so.
So i believe that using parts of the rule in an efficent way is part of the game, and i am not a perfect gamer when i do not make a good use of the fouling (and clawing!) possibilities i get.
The part i do not like of this way of seeing is that it leaves me without any argument against that ugly person that makes me 8 fouls a half and then beats me, leaving me by the way without players with which to play the next game.
I personally refuse to foul more than once, maybe twice in a game, and believe i can say never-ever having fouled more than twice in a half, get the ref or not.
But without expliciting psicological reason for that, this is the choice to limit mine and my opponent's competing chanches in a heavier way than the rules of the game, thus modifing the playing environment, and bending the words just a little, forcing him playing another, less bloody, game (as a provocation i'll call it LessBloodBowl).
Have i to look for older posts about that, isn't it?
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 18:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Dump the niggler.

Dump a reroll and if you are regularly ending matches with rerolls to spre, dump another.

Dump the Dp unless you plan to play traditional chaos. True foulers will destroy your team anyway and the DP will syop you getting a LOT of games.

Other than that the problems may lie outside of the lineup.
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ATT: ZevinzeNompardi

I completely agree with your views. I´ve played opponent in the future, who, after leading 2+ - 0, insists on blocking/fouling my players to oblivion. After these games my team needs some serious thought and a long recovery.
Perhaps it´s me but I lose interest in a team after this. I don´t have time to play 10+ matches a week to recover my teams and are loath when they take a serious physical beating.

This could be considered spamming as my post doesn´t correspond with the original issue, so here are a few thoughts on the Goat Lovers:
Keep them as they are, they look absolutely stunning!! If TR are your main concern then throw away some RR´s, they´re not that important to you anymore considering your multiple skills.
Or you could throw away a couple of the less skilled players unless you´re not that satisfied with the better players skill selections.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone has hit on the main point of why i am doing this.....

Right now, I have three +1 ag guys worth developing and therefor Hamburder is redundant (although he is also one of my favorite players ever!).

I need more guards and tackle. Look at my team compared to other Chaos teams that "play" ball (as opposed to claw, rsc, PO death fests). My Chaos warriors are weak and will be hard to develop playing tr 250+ teams.

Bashy teams could knock me out (although IRL i play as a fouler and am used to the attempts). The potential for me to develop three more warriors is good.

I do appreciate the help from everyone. Cletus is a known goner now. Hamburger should be also. Dumping rrs doesn't scare me since I do have a FF of 20.....

Peace,
__Synn
Lamoron

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2005 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Just dont fire T-Bone, that goat is dead 'ard!