39 coaches online • Server time: 12:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
macike

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSnotball wrote:
depends, when its 2d against me and my opponent chooses, i can roll around 10 2d blocks without a single skull. then on a 3db in my favour, that's when i roll the 3 skulls

Depends on what? I can see no dependancy unless you're talking about conditional probability.

Double SKULL (ie. ATTACKER DOWN) has the same probability as two ones in a row. With around 10 successful (rerolled) rolls at least two TD are scored in a way I described.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of post if this? How to use high agility... Well, imagine that the opponent's players are just huge rocks and run around them, leap over them or hypnotize them. You can try 2+ long bombs as well if you get bored. Did I forgot something?
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

An agility test always has the risk of failure. At best it is 16,7% without reroll and 2,6% with a reroll. High agility may help to reach these probabilities, but there's no chance to reduce them further.

Laviak

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

@Laviak: Youre up for a nasty surprise if you want to leap away from tentacles...at least before the rules change last year it did not work. But i dont really know if they changed it.

Interesting -- I'm not sure if i've ever had a chance to try it .. I just figured it would probably work. I'm sure I'll find out one day (probably the hard way) Wink

Arcon

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Tentacles even can stop you from leaping away...
Crying or Very sad
skatingtortoise

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

ive managed an ag5 pro elf catcher, and gave him pass block.

he is useless at dodging and tackling, but when it comes to creating an obvious pass oppurtunity, and then intercpting, he is king.

do i get him leap or dodge next?

the problem with AG is what to do with it? cagebreaker? catcher? thrower? runner? all round annoying little shite?
macike

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

skatingtortoise wrote:
ive managed an ag5 pro elf catcher, and gave him pass block.
[...]do i get him leap or dodge next?

Leap would give quite new opportunities.
RR can partialy substitute dodge and it's just a matter of money. Sometimes it would be easier to get out of trouble with s.step rather than dodge.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge + Pass block is a very nice combo. Leap would also be quite nice. Really, you won't go wrong with either. Dodge will help to keep him alive, though, as he is a big target.
Brad

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

With 2x AG5 Catch/Pass Block/Dodge/NOS, You can shut down ANY Passing Offense. Position them just inside the WideZOnes, and unless your opponents can throw a perfect ball straight down the center line, You get a 4+ Intercept, with a Reroll. Even if you give each intercepter his own bodyguard, you still have 7 more players to clog up the middle and burn the clock / steal the ball.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Anoying safe throw, it is. I like pass block for wood elf catchers: leap, pass block, and +ag and NoS, but don't relay on that, you ned cage breackers and ball retrievers.
nin

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Wismerhill wrote:
@nin: I agree. Sure hands is nasty against strip ball, but i guess this is how it should be. But i dont really see your point concerning block and dodge. They make no difference.

The poit is that it is a lot harder to nock a blodge player prone.

Wismerhill wrote:
What i meant concerning Pro is that an AG 5 Player does all sorts of stuff in his turn, eg throwing, catching, dodging, picking the ball up and leaping. You can buy a "built in" Reroll for most of these. This uses up 3 skills and one double. Or you can buy pro which is one skill and a good chance if you dont mind risky play. So i still have room for nasty stuff like pass block, tackle, sidestep etc.

I sayd that early on, and pro doesn't worck for catching in java bbolw, mine dismay, sorry I like pro.

Wismerhill wrote:
Most coaches take sure hands pretty late in a given Starplayers career. Though some teams take it pretty early like chaos, chaos dwarfs, undead and lizards. But would i take sure hands if i didnt already have accurate, block and safe throw with an elven thrower or with a skaven gutter without blodge, sidestep etc? Only if im really short on rerolls.

I use to take it prety soon. Too many elven throwers without hands at all and heavy use of wardancers with strip ball.
Frantisek

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2005 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

As a coach who has the pleasure of coaching dark elves with 6 AG bonuses (one of which is a AG6 lineman) I find that pass blockers teamed up with a Leaper with Strip Ball come in handy for breaking up the opponents play.

It's also nice to have players who can dodge into or out of a crowd, scoop up the ball and leave the scene or perhaps heave long bombs from deep in the backfield after a play has developed.
 Jump to: