51 coaches online • Server time: 23:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

and I guess it's a serious asset (for Torsoboy's reasons) on Big Guys, eh?

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem is Big Guys have other priorities to be anything near reliable: Block, Pro, Tackle (in case) all are more important on doubles, imho.
Plus, coaches rarely take time hitting a Big Guy. They prefer to dodge away and leave him alone on the LoS. This is particularly true for av7 races, or for those without a Big Guy of their own like darkies and amazons.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Block for sure, Pro and can see, but Tackle? I guess it depends. To me (and my teams) BG are Ogres and Trolls, not RO and Minos, so Tackle seems like a low priority. BG only exist to make the LOS a less attractive as a running route. (In the case of the Ogre on my human team, and the 2 past Ogres, literally that is ALL, useless beasts! 5 games, no SPP and on the field whenever he's conscious)

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle is mostly for smacking down those blodgers who like to tie up Big Guys making him almost useless. As for SF - it's simply one of THE best skills in the game. Why would I say this? It's also the only skill which can actually cancel a turnover which is just too good to pass down IMO.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 19:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The humans and orc discussion is all very well. But to me the best use of Dodge/SF is on a Bull Centaur. Might mean waiting for block, or Break tackle. But its a go anywhere Bull that you can START your turn with. Because he cannot fail. With DODge SF he has a 3 in 4 chance of gettign away from a marker without BT. Even when you have BT this can leave it for dodging in. Also leaves a reroll for when the bull hits, or the subsequent ball pick up.

I dont think dodge/SF is for all, but it can help build some of the most annoying players out there.
nin

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll come back to the Flesh Golems, necromantics don't have that many players with strengt skills, so you ned to move the Guard skill where you ned it.

Macavity you look prety good and you already have SF/Dodge, I think you have a brigth future in BloodBowl.
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can get multiple stand firm guard types, especially if one or more have dodge too, you can really tie up any brawl. Works great on dwarves and orcs, makes for very few 2 dice blocks because the other person just can't get rid of a guarder or two. Not to mention the stand firm player can't be chain pushed either which can be very handy at times (and a big pain at others).
 Jump to: