52 coaches online • Server time: 19:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Uber

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2005 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

One post per coach, each coach should have his !!!
Comments (this will be updated to answer questions from other posts):

The curse of the wardancer continues... Smile

<hr>

Since I'm guessing no one bothered reading my long ramblings, let's put this in bullet style format. Here's how it should work:

• Captains post match ups.
  • Home coach PMs visiting coach
  • Visiting coach replies, sets a time for the game
  • Home + Visiting coach post schedule here(that's how you get points for scheduling... duh!)
  • Game is played
  • Rinse and repeat

Make your PMs straight to the point like this:

Code:

Subject: ESL Round #1
Available: Mon 7-10pm, Tue 10pm-12am, Wed-Fri 2pm-6pm, etc...

Uber

The visiting coach can then pick the time that will be best for him. Once both coach have settled a date, they can post it on the forum to indicate that the game has been scheduled. Each coach will have its own post that he can update as needed. Make sure to update only when you schedule, we'll need to check the time stamp of your post to make sure.

Your post should be in the following format:

Code:
Your Team Name

Round #1:
Opposing Team : when you've scheduled : when you should be playing.
Round #2:
Opposing Team : when you've scheduled : when you should be playing.
... (and keep going)

You get bonus point for:

• Scheduling on start date or at least before the bonus deadline(that should include posting here!)
  • Posting matchups quickly
  • Playing all games before bonus or official deadline
  • Hurting/killing bounties

<hr>

Ok post match ups guys ! Razz

Match-Ups
Round 1:
Uberrific Beast vs. Gameelfs
Gken Around vs. Kenty's Lucky Strikers

Round 2:
Uberrific Beasts vs. Origami's Lonesome Elves
Trog's Fire Brigade vs. Unending Tedium of Green Drums

Round 3:
Uberrific Beasts vs. Naggarond's Raging Guard
Trog's Fire Brigade vs. Slave of the Three

Round 4:
Brasky's Stalkers vs. Uberrific Beasts
Falcone's Vailwynd Paladins vs. Gken Around

<hr>
Schedule
Round #1:
Gameelfs ~ Scheduled @ 8:05 PM 7/15/2005 to Play @ 7/15/2005

Round #2:
Origami's Lonesome Elves ~ Scheduled @ 7:15 AM 7/21/2005 to Play @ 7:00 PM 7/24/2005

Round #3:
Nagarond's Raging Guard ~ Scheduled @ 8/5/2005 to Play @ 9:00 PM 8/8/2005

Round #4:
Brasky's Stalkers ~ Scheduled @ 8/17/2005 to Play @ 10:00 PM

Last edited by Uber on %b %18, %2005 - %05:%Aug; edited 21 times in total
gamenutter

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2005 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to shine boys! We must show these skally wags how prim and proper Elves play this game!

Round 1:

Falcone's Vailwynd Paladins vs Trog's Fire Brigade
Brasky's Stalkers vs Skumtastic

Great Round 1! We have the lead! High Elves hold the prestigious top position! We deserve it!

Round 2:

Gameelfs vs Cy's Hag Graef Rabbit Slayers
Falcone's Vailwynd Paladins vs Naggarond's Raging Guard

Another Great Round! We're on top! Woo Hoo!

Round 3:

Kenty's Lucky Strikers vs Origami's Lonesone Elves
Falcone's Vailwynd Paladins vs Elfology

We're still on top! Go High Elves! Whoooot!

Round 4:

Gameelfs vs Trog's Fire Brigade
Kenty's Lucky Strikers vs Skumtastic

Last edited by gamenutter on %b %17, %2005 - %05:%Aug; edited 5 times in total
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2005 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Druchii for death [of others]!

<hr>
Team Captain Section

Round 1: As my opponent has so graciously sacrificed 2 teams towards the dark elf cause, my matchups are as follows:

Cy's Hag Graef Rabbit Slayers vs Dagda's Royal Court
Ink-Black Blood of Har Ganeth vs Unending Tedium of Green Drums

MISSION UPDATE: All the Dark Elf teams performed admirably, though only winning 1, tying 1, and losing 2. However, our mission to kill or maim all the Wardancers was successful, and the Pro Elves have no crazy Wood Elf Positionals to worry about. Onwards to round 2!

Round 2: Being the home team, as the poor Asur reached Naggaroth, the Druchii teams were sent in ambush to play the Asur before they could recover from their jet lag! Even though we may be outnumbered... we will be victorious!

Slave of the Three vs Brasky's Stalkers
Ink-Black Blood of Har Ganeth vs Kenty's Lucky Strikers.

MISSION UPDATE: The Dark Elf teams were soundly thrashed for showing up in smaller numbers, though we think the Asur cheated and brought extras onto the field. The referees were killed for being unable to spot this blatant disregard of the rules by the cowardly Asur.

Round 3: After reaching the land of Proelfia, the Druchii set about to search for their opponents. Finally, upon reaching the Blood Bowl fields, they saw the Pro Elves quivering in fearful anticipation of the Druchii... we shall show them the power of the true elves.

Cy's Hag Graef Rabbit Killers vs Gken Around
Ink-Black Blood of Har Ganeth vs Skumtastic

MISSION UPDATE: For Khaine! The Dark Elf teams completely blunted the efforts of the Pro elves in a brutal round that involved 3 wins and a tie for us! This puts our teams in second place, still behind the Asur, but catching up now that Khaine has blessed us. The poor woodland Elves face us next, and I'm sure they fear us already.

Round 4: The elves of Athel Loren crept silently into the Naggarothian woods, hoping that they could escape without engaging the vicious druchii whose bloodlust seemed to have finally awoken. However, shades were on the lookout and 'helped' the teams find their way to the killing grou- Blood Bowl fields.

Naggarond's Raging Guard vs Elfology
Slave of the Three vs Forrest Freaks
<hr>

Own Game Schedules

Round 1: I just happened to meet tautology while waiting for another tourney game before we could finish setting up a time, at which point we played, so it was all good.

Round 2: Playing undermanned and underlucked, the Druchii managed to halt the Asur quite well in the first half, and with snakes plaguing us the entire time, we managed to almost score to tie, but the fickle dice were against us...

Round 3: Finally, a match where the dice did not completely go against me. I shouldn't gloat too much, but I managed to not lose, and completely cripple Uber's team for the next round. The druchii are angry, and their comeback is imminent. Watch out, Woodies, you're next!

<hr>

Go my minions, and kill em all!

Z

Last edited by AlcingRagaholic on %b %19, %2005 - %11:%Aug; edited 5 times in total
origami

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2005 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodelf captain here.

Round 1:

Elfology vs Slave of the Three
Origami's Lonesome Elves vs Naggarond's Raging Guard

Three wardancers enter, three wardancers exit the matches on stretchers, two of them permanently injured. Depsite the victories, it's a painful way to start.

Round 2:

Elfology vs Gken Around
Dagda's Royal Court vs Skumtastic

Another round, another wardancer mangled. Nuffle seems to have it out for the WE. However, there is still one uninjured WD left. Who wants a piece of him? Smile

Round 3

Forrest Freaks vs Brasky's Stalkers
Dagda's Royal Court vs Gamelfs

Yet more trouble with wardancers, as the Elfology WD is sitting out another round due to injury. The Forrest Freaks have made the wise decision of replacing their slain WD with a heavily armored tree.

Round 4:

Ink-Black Blood of Har Ganeth vs Dagda's Royal Court
Cy's Hag Graef Rabbit Slayers vs Origami's Lonesome Elves

Schedule:

Round 3

Origami's Lonesome Elves vs Kenty's Lucky Strikers @ 11:00 on 8/06

Round 4

Cy's Hag Graef Rabbit Slayers ~ Scheduled @ 8/19 to Play 8/27/05 @ 8:00 AM (GMT-5).

Last edited by origami on %b %20, %2005 - %02:%Aug; edited 10 times in total
InkRose

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

This concerns the Ink-Black Blood and whoever the sacrifice to Khaine may be.

[b
Now that the Watchmaking School has started, my hours of absolute absence are Mon, Tue, Thu 7:15 am - about 5 pm and Wed, Fri 7:15 am - 1 pm. I'm in Finland, so my time is GMT+2.[/b]

<hr>
Rob and I finally got the game over with. It started off in a blizzardy mutual dicerape, although my dice recovered somewhat for 2nd half, and Rob was left at the receiving end. His dancer got -MA from an accident in my end zone involving a steel-capped pointy elven boot.

gken1, and the rest of you pansies, don't ever go mistaking us for brothers. Our plans and goals are our own, and will never be shared with the likes of you.

Managed to spot Kenty online, and we played the game. Wasn't much happening overall, but 10 vs 12 isn't a favourable starting position. I scored early off his first drive, thanks to a blitz, but then he got things under control. Best I could do on h2 was carry the ball in relative safety about 4 squares into his half. Soon after, he hit the 2 BH, and I did mine, and after I failed a dodge trying to blitz his ball carrier, he scored the winner on turn 7. He got off better from the first game, but I'm sure now with 3 blitzers and 2 block liners I'm gonna be able to offer some resistance to those damn pros who're up next.

Skummy and I got the game done finally, on Sunday. I beat him quite royally, 3-1, 5-1. After the first half, I had him pwned. Yay for Dark Elven supremacy. (PS. Sorry for the late thread updating.)

[Update]
The game is done as hoped, though only time-wise. By the end of first half, I was down 4-0; there was nothing whatsoever I could do. 4 KO was all I accomplished, on top of a fouled niggle to the wardancer (he got apothed). My dice did pick up a bit in 2nd half, and I did 3 cas and 2 TD. After which he promptly did his 5th. He failed something like 5-6 in-game rolls all game.
[/Update]

<hr>
This post will be edited according to changes in the situation. [EDIT] Right. Finally actually read that OP by Uber. So it will all be here. First results will be posted tonight.

Last edited by InkRose on %b %23, %2005 - %06:%Aug; edited 12 times in total
gken1

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

well, had a good game against Kenty....my little elves just couldn't stand up to him in the long run. just 6 elves left on the pitch in the end vs 10 high elves. We managed to keep the high elves to 1 TD after playing defense for 15 straight turns. A misclick on last turn blows our attempt at a feeble td. (blitz vs move). Apoth saves a blitzer from death so is worth the price paid!

[thank you my dark elf brothers for removing all War Dancers from the Next round!!!!]

Game 2: Overcame a 1-0 halftime deficit to win 2-1 against Tautology's woodies. Helped that woodies didn't have a WD and went flying off the pitch the whole game.

Last edited by gken1 on %b %24, %2005 - %16:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2005 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Scheduling:

Slave of the Three prefer to play their matches in the dead of night (US EST time, or GMT-5 if you prefer). The best times to arrange a match for me are Friday and Saturday nights, 9pm-1am. I can often manage a game other weeknights late (11pm or later), though I'll be tired at work the next day. Finally, I can also squeeze a fast game in over lunchbreak at work most days, right at noon.

Note that I will be out of town from Sunday August 14 - Thursday August 18. If round 4 manages to start before then, I may be reachable via PM sporadically to schedule a match, but won't be able to play before Friday the 19th.

Results:

Round 1: Vs. Elfology (wood elf)
Scheduled: 7-15-05 For: 7-15-05 9pm EST
Played: 7-15-05 (technically 7-16-05 Fumbbl Time)
Despite taking out the only opposing War Dancer early and facing nothing but 10 wood elf linemen, this match didn't go so well. Piles of KO's kept my dark elves severely outnumbered, although we did manage to hold the score to a measly 0-1 through tenacious defending. We shall have our revenge...

Round 2: Vs. Brasky's Stalkers (high elf)
Scheduled: 7-20-05 For: 7-22-05 9pm EST
Played: 7-22-05
The Dark Elves bashed with a vengeance, taking 5 High Elves off the pitch. Their thirst for revenge is temporarily sated by the win, but the lack of any permanent harm hardens Slave of the Three for dealing some real damage in round three...

Round 3: Vs. Trog's Fire Brigade (pro elf)
Scheduled: 8-7-05 For: 8-7-05 8pm EST
Played: 8-7-05
The Dark Elves had an incredible first half, but lost a Blitzer second half when the team's apothecary made his first attempt, a pathetic failure. 100% fail rate! WhooO apoth! Playing conservatively and having the pro elves outnumbered second half led to the narrow 2-1 win.

Round 4: vs. Forrest Freaks (wood elf)
Scheduled: 8-19-05 For: 8-19-05 12pm EST
Played: 8-19-05
The Slave of the Three only managed a tie against these wood elves, although that is better than their Round 1 wood elf performance. Too many key snakeyes and unfavorable kickoff results robbed the dark elves of what could have been a narrow victory. Ah well, on to Round 5!

Last edited by CorporateSlave3 on %b %19, %2005 - %19:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
tautology

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2005 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright.
Who wants a piece of my 9 wood elves?

I'd like to point out that after game 4, I will have had a total of 9 turns of wardancing. Not quite the way that I envisioned things, but...apothecaries do fail you know.
Bah!
 Jump to: