55 coaches online • Server time: 17:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

OOO nice nice nice!

One of those could be cool but mightnt look ST6 up against Ripper or Grashnak, unless those are 40mm square bases rather than 25mm square bases Smile , but nice minis Rale
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, here is a shot of my dwarves which i bought off Darkwolf, I know he was keen to see some pics, but Im getting some more longbeards off margaretthorn soon Smile

What do you think??

Rob
Doowa

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Not bad at all, keep up the good work Smile

As for the woodies, I think it's a shame that you hardly can see the boots from the pants. A bit more variation in the colors wouldn't hurt IMO
This is much better with the dorfs, thou I would like to see some more flavour/higlighting on the beard. It's their pride, their one and all, their everything Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to pint my woodies ala jamaican but... I m seriously bad painting !
Malthor

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Rob, spend less time painting, and more time spamming, 2000 posts is within reach!

Seriously though, very nice work, I would be proud to own such well painted models.

still disliked all round!
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The dwarfies are excellent! =)
I think one or two of them should have red or green pants, though. Just a feeling...

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Ive promised Id buy Mr__Wizard a dwarf team and paint them up (requested colours were like the red team in the java client, red clothes, white beards etc) but looking at it now, the Deathroller would look like Santa Claus wreaking havoc Laughing )

Thanks for the cool comments, the dwarves need finishing, I need to work on the horns of the leftmost longbeards etc Smile

Ive 9 players finished on my brand new Human team, Im hoping to buy one of those new Ogres to go with them as well, they are also Blue but only because I like to have the star players tying in with the team colours Smile So Zara is Blue etc, Ramtut/Drakenborg will be purple
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work Rob!

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys again, sory to drag this up again, but I have pics of Deeproot who can play alongside them, I painted his shoulderpads black and they look like deadwood, which is kinda cool and i like the final effect. Any thoughts? Rob Smile

Still need to write Jordells name on his base yet

Rob

Last edited by SnakeSanders on %b %18, %2005 - %18:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Laviak

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Really like the wood elves, but i'm not quite sure about deeproot. He doesn't look to me much like a 'real' tree I guess its a bit tricky though, as the model isn't really detailed enough. Maybe a little extra variation in the colours of the bark/wood would help. I don't know ... it may just be that the pic is larger than actual size, but it feels to me like there is something missing.

Nice painting though. Makes me feel like I really should get back into painting again Smile

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey again, just to let you know I took a pic of Grim Ironjaw (I only really get a chance to any BB stuff at night Sad )

If you havent seen his dwarven mates then look up the page! Laughing

The highlights havent come out very well at nighttime, but I really like the mini, the perfect dwarven expression! Very Happy
Gran

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Real nice. I like the fact that you went for dark woodies, although I would not go as far as Darkwolf (see below). I must however agree with MrMojo that these guys are a bit TOO dark. It's damn hard to get black look black and not grey, and if you go light on the highlight as you have done they tend to get an unfinished look to them. My tip would be for you to highlight the more, and then wash them with a colour of your choice (green, blue or purple springs to mind, but you could try others). This would give you a black with more deepth to it.

Darkwolf wrote:
I like em! More manly woodies than others I have seen painted.

How did you do that? Manage to force "woddies" and "manly" into the same sentence... Shocked
 Jump to: