50 coaches online • Server time: 19:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mulvax

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

We've all had him. The moron who can't pick up the ball for turn upon turn, or who can't gfi for the td, he who seems to suck up all the rerolls on seemingly simple tasks. I for one wish I could foul my own players from time to time. It doesn't sooth the anger just to fire him or scream at the screen. Let me foul him. Let me kick his ass. DIE, GHOUL, DIE.

There I feel a bit better now.
Csonti

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Play vamps.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

i had a human lino that tried oh so many times to earn his 6th SPP with a pass. When he eventually got it (5 games later), he also got the MVP Razz

You have to laugh at that sort of thing .. just like you have to laugh at the ridiculous good luck .. like my fling that managed to hold off a TD for just that extra turn when he dodged through 2 TZs, and made a 2d against block against the ball carrier, and then held his ground taking down the only rat left in range when he tried to dodge away Very Happy

ultwe

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
i had a human lino that tried oh so many times to earn his 6th SPP with a pass. When he eventually got it (5 games later), he also got the MVP Razz

i had that.. except that I was turning the air blue after yet another fumble.. game stats appear.. he got mvp... had a good chuckle at that...
also, sometimes, you must make them understand that you mean business...:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2136947

Ult[/url]

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a +ST human lino that I spent a whole game on skilling him from 9 spp to his second skill so he could get block, and not only did he get the MVP (for a total of 11 spp that game), but he aged with a niggle as well! Now that he has permanent LOS duty, he raked up a -ma but otherwise refuses to die... even though he gets hurt a lot.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a DE lineman (or lineelf... It looks strange doesn't it?) that was utter crap for about 14 turns and handled the ball like a wall eyed gobbo. Suddenly something came over him in turn 15, and he made some impossible moves that resulted in the TD that saved my honour. It has happened to my DEs a few times now, and I have come to understand that it is ALS* at work.

* ALS or Accumulated Luck Strategy (or Syndrome). When a player saves his entire luck-quota to the last turns of the game and then uses it to performe true wonder.

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Phew - read the topic and thought I was a dead man *badum-ching*

I think I just lost it, again...
Prymja

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a mummy that took 3 games to finally get a skill, he rolled a 12, aged, and rolled -str, so I had to choose +str, I needed him to stay strong. Next game, he was injured and got niggle, the next skill, he got another niggle from aging, and block as his skill, I then retired him.
Frankie

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ppfffff....
Frankie

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

mulvax, you want blood, take a deep breath, and headbutt your monitor like a bull. That would make you feel even better!
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I loved when my rat ogre scored twice, caused three cas and got the MVP his first game, only to fail 14 WA blitz rolls (2+) the next game...it was aggravating first half, but by the end both coaches cheered when he actually moved turn 14 second half...a move, needing a 4+, succeeding, where all those 2+ rolls had failed...

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Three games in a row with Dark Elves and one succesfull pass... and I use throwers. Losed all three, but I think it was funny in the end, like playing elfball with khemry Cool
 Jump to: