22 coaches online • Server time: 08:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post 6 Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I debated posting This game for a few days. I hope it doesn't look arrogant, but it was a high-quality ranked division match. Trevor_24 had many compliments for me for the way I played, and I felt he did a great job considering the hampering my "I Am the Greatest" Handicap gave him. I couldn't quite justify putting this on the great re-matches page, since it is a relatively high TR game, but it shows two things I try and point out all the time. Humans CAN play successfully at higher TRs, and I will accept virtually any offer (Trevor actually said his offer was a joke, and was surprised significantly when I accepted.

Again, not trying to brag, but I am a bit proud. (and will need a recovery game of some sort since I'll be fielding a positional on LOS next game) Smile

Last edited by Macavity on %b %16, %2005 - %18:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

nice one mac, not many folk play those kind of matchups willingly!

I once played a TR200 Chaos Pact team with my TR100 Goblins (before handicaps), played like a madman but managed a 3-3 draw, mind you, the team was massacred!

I also managed to beat (luckily) a TR145 Ogre Team with my brand new humans!

The nasty teams are easier to beat than ball orientated teams, but you dont have as many players afterward Wink
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:

I once played a TR200 Chaos Pact team with my TR100 Goblins (before handicaps), played like a madman but managed a 3-3 draw, mind you, the team was massacred!

Well, I've never tried anything like that. Maybe I need to get into unranked for more than tourneys Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the chaos *only* had 2 claws (one claw-RSC actually) so it was in the "acceptable" range.
But gratz to macavity. Cool match (I watched the replay).
As a Human coach of (certain) success, I'd like to point out that my humans' favourite opponents at TR 200+ are Orcs. And they do perform quite well against them. My last game
Humans vs Orcs

Humans CAN play at high TRs. True.
Actually, Humans can be a good match for anybody at any tr.

ps: Mac, I want to play you and your Blue Bombers with my Hellfishes

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, sure, now that I'm weakened..... Smile I'd love to, if we are ever online together!

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched the replay. Thought, especially in the first half, it was a suprise most of your team didn't die trying to have a stand off fight against Chaos. Apart from that a very good game.

I played a TR330 Lizardmen team with my7 new halfling team. Lost three-two but managed to kill his Kroxigor with the halfling death squad (Treeman knocks it down, 6 halflings run and foul it)
 Jump to: