21 coaches online • Server time: 08:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to select:
+ MA
50%
 50%  [ 23 ]
Block
47%
 47%  [ 22 ]
Other
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

Tigerland

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.
Got a 6+4 roll on a skaven linerat with kick first skill.
Should i take the +MA or get him a skill, like block.
The team is here :
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=184977

P.S. As you can see i already select +MA, but having second thoughts on it and seen somewhere that i can ask to change if not played a game yet, as is the case. Thanks.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Ma

Jeffro
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

ah, take the +MA. He has to be back on defense in order to use Kick, the MA will get him into better position for the assist or tackle zone on your first turn. Block might make him last longer, but trying to make any linerat last longer is a losing proposition at best anyway.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Block.

Defense needs to be mobile enough to switch sides, but as your kicker has to be fielded in the center anyways, MA7 is enough to bring him to the side under attack. Block makes him less likely to be knocked down and saves you rerolls which are important for the offense or for the crucial blitzes against the ball.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course block, you want your kicker alive. block is an amazingly good skill whereas +ma is just a nice bonus, especially if you already have gotten a skill.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

He's already faster than most players on the pitch, and you already have four gutters.

Also, you have a severe lack of block skill.
macike

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Block. He will be showing up mainly in your defensive drives.

You will be probably using GR to run and score. Furthermore - it was already mentioned - skaven linemen are as fast as most blitzers so it's not hard for them to run out of trouble.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2005 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Tigerland wrote:
i already select +MA

This is not a bad choice. That guy is just 8 SPP (ie. 3 TD) from a block. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

To it seems it is a choice betwenn a imeadiately useful skill (block), or go for the long run when the +MA will be welcome in a linerat with block,tackle and kick. Barren doubles is there many other realy useful skills on these guys?
On the other end as someone here said these guys won´t be around for long, so maybe i chosed badly in this one.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA would be my chioce too. Love speedy players, with or without block...

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

B L O C K all the way
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My vote is MA. What's the Skaven advantage? Speed, baby. Let the bashers bash. You avoid and run like the blazes.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2005 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Three hundred games skaven (and nearly that many linerats come and gone) has taught me one thing about them...block first, period. The ONLY exceptions I make are +Str or maybe use a double for guard. Yes, guard. You'd be amazed how much having three block/guard linerats in addition to your two SV's can improve a skaven running game, to complement your passing attack.

Ok, back on-topic...the actually useful skills on linerats, barring doubles/stats, are as you stated--block, tackle, stripball, and kick. Some would argue DP, but that's personal preference. If you make it up to having a linerat with 76 spp and looking at another skill, consider yourself amazed--I've only ever had 2 linerats surpass 76 spp and remain with the team, and both of those involved mutations and/or stat increases. Basically, consider your linerats as roadblocks, keeping tz's between enemy players and your gutters/thrower, or the occasional deep safety help on defense.

Would I have taken the +MA w/o block on a linerat. Nope, not unless he was already very close to the next skill. In your case, being 8 spp away, that's easily one game's worth of dedicated work, so in your case it's not a bad decision. If you can get him block/tackle, he will be truly an outstanding linerat. Good luck with him!

Jump to: