14 coaches online • Server time: 03:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mephist

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

DE are bashiest team of elves, but they are worsest TD makers. So, i will never choose DE.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Well, you face Dread's Flings and expect survival?
Wink

That was a big mistake. I had few and unskilled players to start and the ref didn't show up! Mad

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

DE is definately one of the least bashy teams in the game. Now their av8 and blodge makes them pretty survivable at lower ratings, but they can just survive, not bash back, for that they need heaps of doubles, and then they are just expensive humans.
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe is oh so correct. The comparison with humans is a good one. Humans have access to five guard (and MB) players + cheaper players all around which allows them to have more subs and foul more. You will rarely have more than one or two subs on a dark elf team if you play in a scheduled league.

Guard access makes all the difference and av9 is very important too. I played a bashy dark elf team in faction back when they started and used my dp to his fullest potential so yes you can play dark elves bashy against some teams. To play long drives against orcs with the goal to get their players off pitch seems like a bad idea though.

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

How about DArk Elves as the most flexible team there is? They can be good at the passing game and good at the running game - as has been demonstrated to me in our local RL league by an experienced DE coach...

BFN

Paul
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought thechosenone left....

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2005 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

He left but he is back because he is the Chosen One to loose!

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Bumping this thread, to post that I've got a Dark Elf team running at the moment. Have played it trying to outhit other teams, but without Mighty Blow and Guard it becomes tough indeed. I don't miss Guard as much as I do Mighty Blow, because I can usually dodge out and get the assists on the right spot. It's hard however, to make my blocks count without armor/injury modifiers.

One thing I noticed was that while I could usually count on knocking down the entire LOS with my guard/MB humans, with my guard deficient dark elves that becomes a whole lot harder. With elves, I wouldn't want to manmark the other team much, preferring to make a web of TZs.

The blodging makes the dark elves more survivable than humans, yes. But with their increased cost, you have fewer of them anyway. I suppose at higher TR darkies can have more survivability AND reserves, that they become great.

Does the fouling strategy work well with darkies? Well, yes and no. I've found that the DP is a must for taking out players with armor/injury modifiers, but having a player sent out by the ref while you're already outnumbered hurts a lot. And with darkies, I've found myself playing against soft teams more often than I could afford with say, humans. My less than stellar match record I attribute to the learning curve, and well... mostly I'm not that good of a coach.

I did start out without a witch, a decision which could've hampered my game play, opting to go for multiple blitzers instead. One of them has Mighty Blow which I try to put to good use. The team is still in stasis, waiting to finish a game.

Smack My Witch Up
Dreamsplitter

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2005 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

the vault version of jump up might make darkies a little bashier... imagine, whether you go down or not, you just block back Smile
 Jump to: