55 coaches online • Server time: 18:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
raestuart

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2007 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

get that one turner 50k for his head
arw

Post 4 Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

SEMI-FINALS:
Pure Agony vs. Woodie Award All Stars

raestuart and me will play on saturday about evening (GMT+1).
it is on raestuart to confirm the precise time here- but we agreed on saturday between 6pm and 10pm GMT+1.
raestuart

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Saturday 2 pm EST (my time) is the game between gents however I will be running dads shop for him so the play may occasionally stop if a customer interupts
raestuart

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

edit

Last edited by raestuart on %b %22, %2007 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Drakh

Post 5 Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The match was rather interesting.......as a spectator and new to the league ......
However although stuart was being pummelled to death, the ball carrier and his "cage" where moving slow. Arw, you played well, but the ball carrier was free from any kind of attack or tackle. In my view, I would have rushed for the goal line knowing i was safe, but instead you moved in to open space and tne travelled up and parallel to the goal line.
It was at this point that the game ended.

In my view the game is based on American Football, and the Idea of American football is to get the air inflated pigskin over the goal line by any means possible. You had the means but did not use them. You had no blockers/interceptors within range of the ball carrier.

In American Football, the ref would have called it for time wasting. Up to the Admins now.

Pm me on MSN, if im required
arw

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys-
we allready started the semi. but it seems allready over. raestuart blamed me to stall and... disqualified me immediately.
The facts:
i had an advantage- 4 welfs vs 9 khem on the field, both teams no RRs, 6th Turn 1st half. One elf was beneath my thrower who carried the ball. I blocked that one out with ramtut (stu considered me to be mean to hire him anyway). I moved a mummie and a blitz-ra forward to build a cage. ramtut formed a backward corner. i moved the thrower in the cage (2 steps). i tried to close the cage with a mummie which fell doing a gfi while trying to reach the corner in front.
raestuart blamed me. the thrower could have been running through for only a catcher could possibly have blitzed him. another elf could have been positioned next to him with 2 GFIs.
I however choosed safeplay.
I consider that to be right, for i play khem. i cannot easily "take the ball with my blitz-ra" or likely if i ever lose the ball. two players possibly standing next to me is enough for i have one blitz and can't dodge. if he would have blitzed my ST4 no block thrower with his ST2 block dodge catcher he would have had a chance of exactly 25% to knock me down. isn't that enough? i didn't want to try out mine or his luck.
If "no stalling" means running mindlessly I'm guilty of it for i did not. If it means standing around to make the time pass however, it is not what i did.
arw

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

raestuart seems to hate me anyway. he called me "nuffles bitch" for i had luck. he called me a mean and sociopath coach. he thaught it to be mean that i hired ramtut. i did not like that. wasn't just a joke- he really thought i'ld be a mean ass.
if sir orange dislikes me for fouling him 10 times in one match it is ok ^^. everybody else should know i'ld be stupid not to use "get the ref" fully. this is a tourney- the teams are build to win, not build to last and be nice and friendly against each other.
With full knowledge of that fact i decided to play human in season 2- not cd or undead. I did that mainly because i disliked all that meanie-trash-talk and were looking forward to playing raestuarts khem with my human. looking forward to showing him how useless it will be for him just to play mean. maybe he'll recognize that there is more to it than that.
raestuart

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

edit

Last edited by raestuart on %b %22, %2007 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
arw

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't be true- u quit a semi-final so self righteously and yet you believe i'ld be the "evil cheater" who is playing against the rules...
i take a guess on what really pissed u off. That match wasn't fair from the beginning. i had a stronger team. and a devastating one that could smash yours to pieces even if you'ld have won. Your chances to win against a khemri team that was weaker than your welfs dropped down after i had hired ramtut. [errata]You managed to let me crowdpush two of your players. Your AG5 Wardancer has been fouled out.
You begrudged my wins and my teams progression for you think my "mean khems" and "playing mean" and luck would be everything to it. That is also the reason why you picked khem for season 2. Good luck with running through elf-lines with your khem next season Wink
Rocky would fight the bad guy and win- wouldn't he?
nebji

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2007 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

arw, I called you nuffles bitch and I apologise if I offended. I did all the stats for fouling and luck and it took me forever. I only meant it in jest and apologise if I offended.
arw

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2007 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

k then- forget about my complains. it is just that i don't believe luck and bitching around to go together too well. i don't believe in random luck. it's more magic- or morale-like.
Thanks for working on these awards after all.
The impression that stu has a grudge against me & my khem can be wrong. i still think there is a point about it.

however. this "i am the admin and disqualify you in the middle of the successful semi against me" is plain cheating.
as stu himself noticed i haven't hurried in any game and used safeplay all the league through.
apart from that i stalled one turn vs tuggnut without thinking about it. i admitted my mistake in that game and scored immediately.
now i did not stall. i was walking through with a cage of slooow mummies as i did all league.
disqualifying me for that NOW is pointless.
Popcorn

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2007 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

i lost to the rats 2-1, suffering two deaths and one MNG.

p.s. i think we should review the "stalling" policy", because sometimes it's hard to determine whether it was stalling or not. Slow teams like khemri, dwarfs have to slow down, because the guys who form a cage have only 3 or 4 movement points. Just rushing with your lone runner towards TD zone is suicidal.
Junkel

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2007 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i think that what khemry do was not stalling a match, if with his movement he can't score anyway.
As said by Popcorn, rushing with your lone runner towards TD zone is suicidal, expecially for slow teams who can't give support to their runner.

I propose a rematch between arw and stu with an impartial judge.

ps: BB is not american football, is more like Gaelical soccer.
GrinningD

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2007 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm and we can't even watch the recording of the match because it wasn't finished.

Well to be honest, after reading what arw says about the match it sounds like a fine explaination of what was going on, although Drakh's view of the match adds to the uncertainty of everything.

Personaly I agree with Junkel - a rematch is in order and it must be viewed by at least 3 other members of the league as judges on fair play. Chat room communication can be used should any problems arise without having to resort to instant quitting of the match.

All in favour?
SirOrange

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2007 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

a rematch? maybe...how about just going back to the last save point, finishing the game, and let us watch the replay and decide if it was stalling or not.
 Jump to: