26 coaches online • Server time: 07:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fouwler

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2007 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not make a league, like stunty, faction and all the other leagues, where its possible to trade, sell, and buy players from other coaches with the same race, as the one yout team (s) is!

F.Eks:
Chaos eagles are a good orc team, with a lot of good players, and Dreaddeads i an other team, with a lot of money, så dreaddeads buy a blackorc blitzer from Chaos eagles!

Isn't that a great idea to make such a league, and this probably had been suggested before!
But seriously, think about it!
I'm not the only one who think this idea is good..
Many of my friends here at fumbbl thinks so too! Smile

Posted by Fouwler!
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2007 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah a full squat of Mummies or Wardancers. Let the trade begin!
Fama

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2007 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a search function. Use it. Discussed many times before. Honestly... I don't think it's such a great idea.

...oh, and what's a black orc blitzer?

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2007 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It won't happen. Since currently teams can (to some degree) be moved, this would require a completely new and separate "league", that would otherwise be exactly the same as Unranked (or Stunty). The number of coaches so interested in this would be small, and most of the interest would be for helping damaged teams recover, which no one would have, initially. Assuming you kept within the numbers and types of players available for each team, numbers of each would likely make it useless, if you allowed open trading, people would just try and make All-Star teams, by buying and trading. Neither option would be that exciting, and the 40 or so coaches interested would stop beign quickly.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2007 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What if the number of trades/sells, could be limited per team. The team can only purchase 2 players maximum during the life of the team. And perhaps you could limit the players to being sold at cost or at cost +10k/skill. Then you have a semi-thriving market, of players being traded around, without losing or gaining much of anything. It could be worked out.
Christer

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2007 - 23:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This has been brought up over and over again.

In a nutshell: No.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2007 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Did I give a good response, Christer? Did I? Did I? Huh? Huh? Did I?

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2007 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The Macavity fish looks soooo edible....
pac

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2007 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It is a nice idea, but - as Christer has noted - it's not going to happen on FUMBBL.

But feel free to make your own site! Very Happy

(Seriously! Lots of people would like to see it!)
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2007 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I liked it, I did it, it got abused, life sucked. I'm a terrible commisioner though, and I still believe with the right limitations (i.e. only one traded positional, or 2 lineys at one time, much like allied teams), and the right group of players, it could be fun. I'm forced to agree that it wouldn't do so well online though, because it would have to be a group of friends to keep it fair and fun.... besides, the boss said no Razz.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2007 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

And there would be people who would hate it.
Trade makes the rich ones richer and the poor ones poorer.
Maybe a bit exaggerated, but my observation concerning real life sports.

Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2007 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Her's a thought F - create your own league with rosters not on FUmbbl - have as many trades and rules as you want. manage the rosters yourself. Use JAVA to play the games. If you want it so much just go ahead and do it. Just creates a little owrk on your own. But no more than if you ran a tabletop elague.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

it would be great but I imagine that the necoding part would be a big deal+balancing it all, creating boundarys to equilibrate the system. All would be difficult.

I'd love it but since I am confident that the chances this happens is near 0, I don't battle for it anymore.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Obligatory Pie

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2007 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

my old table top league had an idea like this, only instead of trading our players, we were allowed to freeboot them for a game, as if they were a star player. After the game they would be returned to the original team, and any injuries suffered would stay on him.