54 coaches online • Server time: 23:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2003 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a team in tournament division that I would like to play more, but I cant always find a one off game between two (T) teams. So I thought of maybe having a mini tournament that can be resolved in one night, and making it a sort of a weekly thing. Maybe a 4 team round robin or 6 or 8 ko tournament. On Friday night or whatever night, hell it could be nightly, Send a message in chat saying go sign up for the tourney first 4 teams get in then everyone plays their games because they are already online, no fuss, no mess, no wait. Then maybe keep a list of the winners or something, call it Friday night fights, or The Pitch Invasion or something catchy like that. What do you all think?

voodoo
Twahn

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2003 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good to me, Voodoo. Do it! Very Happy

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
beerdrinkers

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2003 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

run different versions too...
depending on timezone...
North America, West Europe, East Europe, ...
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2003 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

When Christer implemented the Knockout code, we did a test tournament in one afternoon. Once we found 8 people willing to stay for up to 3 games (8man KO) it went great. I recommend asking a mod to change the topic for a little while, and creating a "side room" that you send people to. Then they take care of joining the group, etc and when you have everything set, bingo you roll.
You could even start a "new" tournament every time you have 4 teams ready to roll, then if the winners wanted to face off after, simply start another new tourney with just the winners.
 Jump to: