34 coaches online • Server time: 11:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HunterX

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2007 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The NBL is now running it's fifth rookie tournament: Quintus Annihilus.

Da Rules:
    1. New [L] LRB teams only may apply to the group.
    2. Dwarf and Norse teams are banned.
    3. Players that start with Block may not be purchased.
    4. Players may not take Block as a skill selection.
    5. If a player MUST choose Block as a skill, then that player must be retired.
    6. NO Star Players, except on goblin teams, which are allowed stars that DO NOT have the block skill.
    7. NO wizards, except for the halfling chef.

Apply with your team at No-Block League (NBL).

Last edited by HunterX on %b %22, %2007 - %20:%Mar; edited 3 times in total
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2007 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The first truly 'rookie' tournament has begun! Hope to see both new and old blood on the pitch soon - good luck everyone.
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like game 1 of the tournament was the battle of the Undead!

We Hate Wights 2 - Braaaaiinsss 1

It was my 4 ghouls 3 zombies 3 skeletons and 2 mummies vs. 3 ghouls 6 zombies and 2 mummies. Lots of casualties on both sides, and lots of regens. One of my mummies took his ghoul out for 1 game on a rerolled bothdown, while my other mummy tripped GFI on the reroll and caused himself to miss the next game as well.

With the luck running strongly both ways my opponent ran in a TD on his turn 6, giving me 3 turns to score. Although a catastrophic trip ended my turn 6, thanks to a bad kick my ghoul had the ball at the LoS and was able to run it in after a blitz and dodge away from the opposing 2 ghouls for the touchdown making it 1-1 at the half.

Slowly working my way up the pitch after a lucky kick put the ball in a bad spot, my skeletons and ghouls broke past my opponent who was busy pummeling my last mummy for a 2-1 lead. With a few turns left my opponent ran into bad luck and good defense and victory was secured.

Now onto some non-undead games!
RealMadns

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

me be Ghob. Me be spokesman...ehr goblin of da team Revenge of BOB. Me be choosen because of me supperrr...ehr good linguisssi...ehr me do da talk real nice. Da BOB went to bash.. ahhh play da slimy elvses in dis game:

Revenge of BOB 2 - 2 Clohesy Clovers

Da game was goood and da orcses was strong but da ball was stupid (da idiot thrower did to much of da brown hot drink, and went to bash em all) and da mean coach told Ghob to do da ball thing... we get da ball moving, and da bashin going, but slimy elvses keep going loose and makes da orc go into da TD place really fast... and da ref stops da bashin...

den da elvses do da ball thing verry fast, and den da stupid stupid coach gives bad plays, and we cant go to da TD place.

2nd half da elvses do da ball thing fast again and we wait to get to da bashin... den da crowd gets really mad at da ref (for stopping da basin me tinks) and we get to do da jumpin up and down on da fallen elvses... we get very exited and we jump and jump, and we forget da ball, but stupid mean coach is screamin and yelling bout da ball, and da orc gets it and puts it in da TD place, da coach gets really happy, and me is confused because no elvses is dead.
phubar

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

X-2 0 - 3 Dead Men Don't Block
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1595854

In perhaps the most brutal dicerape I've ever seen, the Khemeri wiped the elves off the field, including killing a Witch, sending 4 players off with BH's, and a MNG (that was Apo'ed). They even scored a T16 passing TD to get the score to 3-0... With Cas of 4/1/1 to 0/0/0 and luck of 72% to 40%, the game was all Khemeri.

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1596688

an utterly emberasing 0-4 loss my the reff was apparently blind not tossin any of our secret weapons but he scored to quickly for me to ever use them my rediculously poor coaching and a few bad kickoff results ensured my opponent victory from the go
spock

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

2 games to showcase tongiht everyone the first was Braaaaiinsss Vrs Accretion the lizardman team, coached by wackogenius. a hard fought game that saw the death of the Saurus Time. it also saw the addition of a new Zombie for Braaaaiinsss. the final score was 1-1 as even with a several man advantage on the field, we jsut couldn't get the ball far enough in time for a final score.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1597639

Braaaaiinsss 3 - Da Urty Boyz 2 was the final score in tonights secound game. Braaaaiinsss started with a hefty TR advantage, as well as a large player advantage. 2 fast scores on the part of the gobo's helped keep them in the game until the very end. and finished the game trying to throw a gobo into the end zone with the ball. sadly the goblin was fumbled and the game was won by Braaaaiinsss.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1597790
phubar

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Dead Men Don't Block 1 - 1 Braaaaiinsss
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1597959

In hot mummy-on-mummy action the undead of Braaaaiinsss faced off against the Khemeri of Dead Men Don't Block. It was a close-fought match full of both-down action and marginal dice-rolling. The Kemeri had trouble dealing with the fast ghouls of Braaaaiinsss all game, starting with a quick opening TD for the Undead. However, Dead Men Don't Block managed to march the ball down the field for a tying score by the end of the first half. In the second half, the Khemeri fans got the ref, but couldn't take advantage of that for a score, as Braaaaiinsss managed to knock the ball lose with a ghoul blitz and the Dead Men couldn't manage to pick it back up.

princevaliant

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

We Hate Wights 2 - Horn 0

A bad day full of lots of bad dice for the Chaos. The undead smashed and dodged their way past the beasts and chaos warriors consistently and with so many extra players on hand, I was able to stop the Chaos offense.

We Hate Wights 3 - Accretion 1

A brutal match. While beating up the skinks consistently, a nasty foul early in the first half made a -st saurus and the Undead, despite the fast skinks bravest efforts, were able to consistently score again and again. The lizards came back for one touchdown at least, but nonetheless this was a bit of a one sided match. Of course it never helps when your opponenent tries to dodge with a Saurus Laughing
phubar

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Clohesy Clovers 3 - 0 Dead Men Don't Block
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1598468

109 TS Khemeri vs 132 TS Wood Elves. The game went exactly as expected - the Kemeri couldn't get away from the Treeman and couldn't catch any of the elves, who ran circles around them all day.

The lowlight of the game was when I blocked a Sidestep catcher into position to stop my own score. For that, I have been named the official NBL idiot. Thank you very much.

Frankencow

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

(OOC) I apologise, I didn't know there was a Quintus thread... Will try to catch up.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=338536
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=339379
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=338470
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=338839
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=338754

Quintus Annihilus is underway and much of the talk surrounds the Clohesy Clovers, the green clad Wood Elf team who have captured the hearts of true Blood Bowl fans everywhere with their gutsy performances. Despite lacking in stature compared to most of their opponents, which so far have included Chaos, Khemri, Vampire and Orc teams, these guys attack the ball as if the had the strength of Lorcan Canavan, the trusty Clovers Treeman! It seems these Elves method of survival is to score before they can get hit, and it seems to be paying off!

Clohesy Clovers v Horn
3-0 (3/1/0-0/0/0)

The brave decision to kickstart their campaign against a Chaos team paid dividends, as the Wood Elves ran ring around their Beastley oponents to score a convincing 3-0 win, which was incredible as the Wood Elves managed to inflict 4 casualties without taking a single one! It was a tale of two Aengus's, as Mac Ateer scored two touchdown and Aengus Malone score a touchdown and inflicted a casualty to take out the MVP award in an impressive 10SPP game.

Clohesy Clovers v Von Fonsteins
3-0 (1/0/1-1/1/0)

Next it was a thoroughly rounded team performance against the Vampires of Von Fonsteins. The Elves again managed to score at will, with the Vampires often more interested on feasting on their own front line! These guys need a hot dog stand or something, and quick! The Mac Ateer brothers scored a touchdown each, with Mick Brennan also scoring. Brendan Quinn got the MVP for his hard work all day.

Clohesy Clovers v Revenge of BOB
2-2 (3/0/1-0/0/0)

The Orcs were expected to push the Clovers arpund and didn't disappoint, inflicting 4 casualties to none. The Clovers showed guts and determination, however, and Aengus Mac Ateer managed to score two touchdowns. He was obviously mistaken for his brother Conor, as Conor took the MVP award despite Aengus' lone hand. The Clovers tried to hold off the fast finishing Orcs, but conceded a draw after the Orcs pulled off some last minute dodging of their own.

Clohesy Clovers v Da Urty Boyz
4-0 (0/1/0-1/0/0)

Rarely is a 4-0 win unimpressive, but Clovers fans were disappointed when their team's stunning 4-0 halftime lead wasn't improved upon against the Goblins. The second half saw the Clovers back right off and play defensively, as if they just wanted to get the game over with and move on. Disappointing for the 37,000 who turned up to watch. this should not, however, take away from their impressive first half, which saw the Mac Ateer brothers, Brennan and Dinny McDonnell all score. Aengus Malone managed to score himself the MVP.

Clohesy Clovers v Dead Men Don't Block
3-0 (0/0/1-4/2/0)

The Clovers knew they couldn't put in the same performance against the Khemri might of Dead Men Don't Block, and they came to play. An outstanding feature of this game was their touchdown defense, which combined with their attacking flair gave them a hard fought 3-0 win. The casualties came rolling in for Khemri in the second half, but too late for the Dead Men, who were outmatched by the Elven agility and pace. Conor Mac Ateer scored one, Aengues Malone scored two, but the MVP went to Canavan, with the big tree battling against four Mummies well.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Clohesy Clovers v Braaaaiinsss
3-1 (1/0/0-0/0/0)

Two of the top sides went at it, at the Undead Braaaaiinsss attempted to feast upon the Elven crowd pleasers, the Clohesy Clovers. Once again the Clovers found themselves against a much stronger opponent, and therefore had to capitalise early. They managed a quick touchdown, before some brilliant running and handing off between ghouls have the Undead the reply. The Clovers, however, had their passing game on today, and managed to go up 2-1 heading to the break. In a see-sawing second half, Mick Brennan had the chance to make it 3-1 but fell into the endzone, spilling the ball! As they had earlier, the ghouls ran it up the other end, but this time it was not to be. The two Clovers' throwers ran the hapless ghoul down, smashing him and passing the ball to the two catchers at the other end. Despite a last ditch attempt to prevent a third touchdown by the Undead side, the Clovers' catchers played with it between themselves and put the match beyond doubt. Aengus Mac Ateer scored twice, whilst Mick Brennan scored the sealer. MVP honours went to the thrower, Brendan Quinn, who had an incredible 4 completions.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2007 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Clohesy Clovers v Black Orc Dragons
4-0 (0/0/0-0/0/1)

The Clovers were at the top of their game against a much bigger Orcish outfit in the Black Orc Dragons. The talk of the town after this game was the Mick Brennan Show, as Mighty Mick ran in all four touchdowns in an impressive display. He was pipped for man of the match honours, however, amid rumours he was sleeping with the wife of the MVP Committee Chairman. Instead, Brendan Quinn took the honours with his 3 completions being enough.

On a more sombre note, Dinny McConnell, the beloved hard man of the Clovers' outfit, passed away on the pitch today. His coach had this to say about the rugged number 10.

"Dinny McConnell always liked playing hard, scoring 3 casualties in his 6 games, which amounted to one full third of the team's total at the time of his passing. If there was one way Dinny would have liked to go out, it was violently on the pitch. Having already suffered a niggling injury in a previous match, none could begrudge Dinny his final wish against the Black Orc Dragons. Dinny will be sorely missed."

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2007 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

game 1 - Accretion vs We Hate Wights

an amazing loss for the lizards in their debut match, started off not too bad, but even with the quick runners we couldnt keep up with the opposition to stop them scoring over and over. also one of the bigger guys got mangled into retirement and replacement, but overall not too bad a game.

game 2 - Accretion vs Braaaaiinsss

a good comeback game by being able to pull of a draw, still no casualties caused but many received, including another saurus needing replacement, this time from death. good game again and we can only hope not to face anyone strong soon and make up for the mediocre start to this tourney

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2007 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

g'day, Ghob is back, dis time to tell ya bout...two? yeah two gameses, wes meeting da cows first, and da stupid thrower gets hit in da head, and Ghob gots to do da ball ting again... dis time it was fun, 'cause me gets to be flying goblin, me bestest friend Flinger did da throwing (after not eating me, nice troll) and me did da landing, and got da ball to da TD place... oh, da cows got a TD too (Ghob good at da talk, not at da 'membering)
in da next half me gets to go to da TD place again, and da coach is happy again, but Ghob is sad... No kill'in no injur'in no hurt'in at all in da game Sad

Horn 1 - 2 Revenge of BOB

In da other game we's did not do so good, and Ghob got hit on da head real hard, me no 'membering much game, but my good good friend Slasher got to do da kill'in of da Zombie, coach says dat we's did well enuff, and dat da dead people got lucky in da end.

Braaaaiinss 2 - 2 Revenge of BOB
 Jump to: