41 coaches online • Server time: 19:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
hugoeng wrote:
I wont move any of my teams, as I stopped playing [R] when the option o transfer to [L] was removed. The only "competive" about [R] is the tournaments, too bad there are so few.

If all the RRR's, Smacks, XFL's and the majors are still not enough you must have a lot more time to play than I do. I'm jealous...

No, less time.

Smacks require you to play two games in a row. Majors require time to build a powerful team. RRRs seems to favour throw away teams. XFL is no use if you don't have a team of the correct race.

So, if [R] is the competitive division it is no use at all to some coaches.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
hugoeng wrote:
I wont move any of my teams, as I stopped playing [R] when the option o transfer to [L] was removed. The only "competive" about [R] is the tournaments, too bad there are so few.

If all the RRR's, Smacks, XFL's and the majors are still not enough you must have a lot more time to play than I do. I'm jealous...

I'd like to see other TR rumbbles added.
I rarely have enough time to finish 2 games in a row so Smacks aren't really an option but i'd like to play more ranked tourneys. The Majors are for the high TRs only, so rumbbles for 100-125, 125-150, 150-175 and 175-200 would fit in between just perfectly.
Shinan

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I probably won't transfer my teams. I had thought of doing it after a hit a certain benchmark with some of my teams but then I thought about it and what did I come up with? Unranked is ranked but without the stats. I like statistics, the more detail about a certain thing I can get and the more awards and numbers there are that can measure things. I love it. Of course I probalby wouldn' tmind much if it wasn't there but when the possibility for it is there I can't see why I'd move to unranked and not get it instead of staying in ranked which will essentially be the same, because even though there's all kinds of talk about the hardcore division, I'm one of those niave fools that think that most people actually do play Blood Bowl for fun and fun alone.

So no, I won't move. In fact I think League will get more life than unranked because they are the same but with some other extra bits in it. (stunty teams, leagues) In short unranked is the worst of two worlds (only LRB, no stats, no leagues).

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of my teams are in [L], where I regularly get beat by people of seemingly similar skill to me.

I keep a couple teams in [R], becuase I like the idea Purplegoo had that 'They Mean Something', though really, all it means is I can get cherry picked and lose to really, really good players.

To be honest, since they added the 'Statistics' page, every game at least counts on the 'record'.

Personally, I wish there was an 'Awards' list for League, so I could see what my win record or lost records were, team picks, and such.

As for unranked? I just don't see a point. But that's my opinion (since you asked) but I'm sure Christer had a reason (probably people bugging him for it) and some people will enjoy it.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
Don't hedge your bets and play the "you go first game". Be the first one in to the unranked pool.

I didn't try the "you first" game here. Last time the split was made I was amongst one of the first. So - the question really is if it is possible to get "a group to travel together". I'd like to see [u] going, but I am not able to create traffic there all on my own. (That I don't have internet at home right now doesn't help, of course.)

-Mnemon
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I can provide a Khemri team (already there) and a new Orc team I created two days ago. Want to give greenskins a go, might well to it in U.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

my R teams will remain R. I do however have my one token U team. I promise to always place it on gamefinder when their R equivalent is lfg as well.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I transferred my two Recreational teams from Rank to Unranked about 7 min after it was allowed. I now have about 6 or 7 teams in Unranked..

See you all there!
kwèk

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
kwèk wrote:
So I'll have to concede if the other guy "takes too long" to finish.
Just out of curiosity: And this has happened how often?

Oh, I did check. I found 7 conceded games in R (maybe one more or less), and 5 of them did show lasting injuries and/or deaths on fresh or young teams. So, that leaves it to 2. Out of over 1000. And were these really due to slow opponent?
But anyway, thx for this great contribution. Wink

far as far as i know, it happened once.
That is one time too often.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My former [R] Norse and Wood Elf teams joined the Vampire, Goblins, Skaven and Elf teams who came already from division League.

Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ever notice how the "Transfer to Unranked" button is so close to the "Retire Team" Button.

They really are the same in terms of outcome.

__Synn
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Ever notice how the "Transfer to Unranked" button is so close to the "Retire Team" Button.

They really are the same in terms of outcome.

__Synn

Sorry, you are smart and funny and cool and you know I like you as a coach, but really, it is not THAT funny.
Don't treat those who don't like the time limit and try to find somewhere else to have fun like B-members of the community.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind the time limit. I still keep 3 teams in ranked, though I rarely play there. If there were a round robin or swiss style tournament in ranked, it would be more alluring to me.

Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2007 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
If there were a round robin or swiss style tournament in ranked

I can't say that I've ever seen a Swiss tournament on Fumbbl. I'm not sure why as it's one of the fairest and most enjoyable methods. Likely there have been some.. but certainly not many in comparison to the other methods.
TBK

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2007 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Antonio wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
Btw, Unranked official tournaments would be nice and entertaining.

Completly agree with this:)

I vote for that too.
 Jump to: