33 coaches online • Server time: 00:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Erod

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2007 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
Anyway, considering it's a tournament run by high elves, and they're already kicking out the 'lowlier' teams, would you expect they hadn't concoted some way to make sure an elf team had the best chance of winning? The whole thing is run by the E.L.F. anyway... :D

High Elves and Dwarves are not on very good terms either...
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2007 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

From a high elven perspective, makes perfect sense that dark elves, their brothers (the black sheep of the family), are still considered "light". And the dwarves, their sworn enemy, a dark team.

I like the current UI set up. It follows the Paul Hicks rule. "If it's called Bloodbowl...why are you so afraid of your own?"

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2007 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, you all can throw as much fluff around as you want. Fluff can be used to justify pretty much anything. It doesn't change the fact that it coddles to the agility races (who don't need the help). Let's keep in mind that this is a major (and none of the other majors are skewed towards any other races).

Basically the prevailing answer is "that's just the way it is, and we, as the oldest members, are beyond reproach. So whatever."

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2007 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it certainly didn't coddle to my agility team. Every tournament should have it's own flavor, something that makes it more than just "the quota tourney of the month".

Also keep in mind this is a fantasy game. 50% of Bloodbowl IS the fluff, hence why so much of the LRB has it.

And lastly, no tournament worth its time won't go without controversy. If the UI was perfect...it would be just another invisible minor tourney.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2007 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone else noticed that Dwarves are on the dark side and dark elves are on the light side? WTF? OMG!!

Let me guess, dark side people are complaining that Dwarves are in their bracket.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2007 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, the UI should be 5 High Elf teams hosting single Wood Elf, Pro Elf, and Human squads. Maybe halflings. Honestly, anyone else would be too hated, or dirty/barbaric.

The Warpstone Open should give rerolls to subterranean races and take them from surface dwellers.

The Grotty Little Tournament should offer more chaos - purely random seeding, handicaps for both sides, etc.

A man can dream.
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
From a high elven perspective, makes perfect sense that dark elves, their brothers (the black sheep of the family), are still considered "light". And the dwarves, their sworn enemy, a dark team.

I like the current UI set up. It follows the Paul Hicks rule. "If it's called Bloodbowl...why are you so afraid of your own?"

Errrr....High Elves hate Dark Elves far more than they hate Dwarves. They've only been consistently at war for 1000 years.
Borgen

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing i would change about the qualifiers is moving skaven to the light side.

The Warpstone Open caters to high AV bashy teams because the initial qualifiers are 4 rounds instead of 3.

The Ulthuan Invitational caters to low AV teams (other than skaven) as they advance to the final round in better shape.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
Anyway, considering it's a tournament run by high elves, and they're already kicking out the 'lowlier' teams, would you expect they hadn't concoted some way to make sure an elf team had the best chance of winning? The whole thing is run by the E.L.F. anyway... Very Happy

Uhhh, no.

The UI is the antithesis of everything the E.L.F. stand for... jeez. If I watch another matchup of two elfbowling light teams where the coaches type "sry" on every knockdown and huggle after every score, I think I may have to start the next season early to save my sanity!

Actually, an E.L.F. sponsored Major/Minor is a great idea. I could generate some fluff justifying a tourney that makes use of the hard cap on TR which could make running some of those "other" races a real option. Then a couple years from now you can all start threads about how some part of my setup makes no sense and others can jump in pointing back to my fluff to justify the stuff that makes no sense... er, nevermind.

/me goes back to work on my metagroup.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinkingof something along those lines the other day...something like making the GLT an amateur tournament for teams TR200 and below. It would make for an interesting major.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

deckerCKY wrote:
I was thinkingof something along those lines the other day...something like making the GLT an amateur tournament for teams TR200 and below. It would make for an interesting major.

/me agrees on that demand.... and also demand to change darkies and dwarves.. just for the diversification and the higher amount of posibilities to make teams for the UI .... (and i definatly want no skaven to play my highelves in the light qualifiers, dont think anyone wants them there besides themselves)
ankkh

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hear hear. I as well support a major with a TR cap. 200 sounds about right. GLT is a suitable place. Admins? Comments? Malthor?
johan

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
Geez... why does everyone seem to hate the UI?

Becuase it's specifically designed to favor the elven races.

Which would be okay if it were a small oddball League tourney, but it's a disgrace for one of FUMBBL's official tournaments.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

ankkh wrote:
Hear hear. I as well support a major with a TR cap. 200 sounds about right. GLT is a suitable place. Admins? Comments? Malthor?

Yeah, I can't wait to see 128 undead teams with the count participate.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2007 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
ankkh wrote:

Yeah, I can't wait to see 128 undead teams with the count participate.

Hehehe....or Dwarf;-)
 Jump to: