40 coaches online • Server time: 15:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlackOrc

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2007 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

FoamSwords wrote:
So why are there teams in the league who have played games. I thought it was new teams only.

If you check it, they played against each other. I assume they started the Pre-Preseason. So, in turn I would ask: is it allowed to play preseason matches already? Tonight would fit my schedule well.
BlackOrc

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2007 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

KennethCole wrote:
man I hope my time zone is not going to hurt the league as far as me setting up games.

Kenneth, as a groupmate of yours I start games between 21:00-23:00 CET, that is 15:00-17:00 YourTime. I hope that is convenient for you.
Luisja

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2007 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, there is no need to delay pre-season for accepted teams. so the pre-season will be from now until May the 6th. Then the Regular season will start on May the 7th when i'll set up the conferences.
We got more applies to the league, but i'm sorry i only can accept 4 of them. Im going to look for timezones of the applied teams to remake the conferences. This means that it will be 1 North american conference and 3 europeans or 2 north american conferences and 2 europeans. It depends on the new applied teams timezones.
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2007 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I just applied for the league *crosses fingers*. I'm in the BBtime zone, but have very flexible times.

JoseBagg

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2007 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in North American, But I can play at various times. I am usally available from about 3pm to midnight Eeastern Stanard Time.
KennethCole

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2007 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I just want to be clear. How does this league look at fouls and crowdsurfs and stalling and things like that...don't want to do something that would upset people but I will play to win...so if it matters to people I'll hold off if not then no kid gloves Razz
Luisja

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2007 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, fouls and crowd pushes are part of the game. I only recomend to be polite and not foul during pre-season games Very Happy Remember that pre-season games are "friendly", with the pourpose of the teams advancement, but this is up to you.
BlackOrc

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2007 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, Luisja I like your enthusiasms about this league. You really make efforts for it. Are you also going to make statistics, like best passer, rusher, blocker, etc. of the league?

I already wanted to login the HCL Forum, but I could not figure out name and PW.

I have a question about future team management, I mean if you plan to run the league for more seasons. Maybe it sounds to be too early, but it is better if we think in time: those teams who get in the playoff will play more games than the rest. So in 2nd season some of us will be much developed than others. This might upset coaches (not me, because I will be in the playoff, haha) and take their apetite from playing on. So will be there something like a "runner-up" or "sub" playoff, or any other method to even the teams?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2007 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Mirascael wrote:
I think one of the problems with such leagues is the boring human roster.

I always thought the human roster should allow 0-2 blitzers and 0-4 blockers (and not contain an ogre at all).

Actually, I think that the warhammer fluff would easily justify several slightly different rosters (similar to the elvish variants).

I always thought the Human roster was one of the most interesting rosters going, and really, a Human team can do most things to a decent level
Luisja

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2007 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackorc, about statistics, yes i would like to follow at least the best players in completions, tochdowns, casualties, interceptions, mvp and spp. Passing yards, rushing yards and blocks area little hard to follow but i have to study it. All statisics will appear in the league magazine "Human Spike" Wink

About the forum you have to register first, but i think you can see it as guest anyway. The url is in the group page.

And about playing more seasons, this is for sure, if people are still interested into play it. About teams playing play-off, they wll play the max of 3 games more than the teams that dont reach the play-off. And this is like a prize for advance to the league ending. The next season, the league winner will be better that a team that only played the regular season. But don't forget that they can have nigling or killed players during this 3 extra games. So look, a team playing only until regular season will play 2 pre-season games plus 4 season games, that's 6. A team wnning the league will play 2 pre-season, 4 season and 3 play-off games, that's 9 games, this is not a great difference.
Luisja

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2007 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The HCL is full. We are going to have 20 teams playing in 4 confernces this season. The teams interested into play the league can apply and play in the Human Amateur League to get a place for the next season. This can be Done in the following link.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4427
CaptainBringdown

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2007 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Come and join me in the Human Amateur League... it's awful lonely there by myself!

In addition to BlackOrc's point about the gulf in match expierence of the teams - are there to be any extra cup competitions in which to compete in?
Luisja

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2007 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

At this moment there wouldn't be any extra cup. We have to focus into the league. Having pre-season, regular season and ply-off there are such variety of tuorneys. About amateur, we have 5 teams now. Perhaps we can scheudle an opening ko tourney for the amateur league and then an open league of 4 games max.
CaptainBringdown

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, man - see how many more join by 7th May.
BlackOrc

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, gronan, am I correct you made Waffen ReiksGard III retire??? Ayay... What about the Reikland group then?
 Jump to: