46 coaches online • Server time: 15:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you play
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
No
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

FoamSwords

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2007 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

So I had this idea for a style of play for Blood Bowl. It seems that 3v3 and 4v4 and 5v5 play has some popularity. What if, you had all 11 players on the pitch, but each turn you only go to use 4 of them. It could be a different 4 each turn, but only 4. It has the benefits of the other styles in that it is a quick match, but not the cheesy MVP hogging. If there were enough interest, I would organize such a league.

These would be the rules.

LRB teams. Each coach may only take an action with 4 players each turn.

An action is any use of the player. The following exceptions will not be considering taking an action.

Standing up only, Rolling over, Catching a ball or recieving a Handoff, Being thrown, Being a big guy who fails to act because of stupidity, Wildness, dubmness, Also a vamp failing on OFAB (unless you cheese it by scoring).

The last two exceptions make playing the Ogre team and the Vamp team a little more equitable.

Halfing and Goblin teams can take 5 actions.

For added strategic opportunity. An extra action may be taken by players with the pro skill. No matter how many pros you have, you may only ever take one extra action in a turn. A pro player must be the one taking the extra action. He doesn't have to go last, but a pro player must act to recieve the extra action.

There you go. Just a quick list of thoughts. I welcome discussion or ideas.
phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2007 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds interesting. If I wasn't booked solid with FUMBBL leagues, I'd give it a try.

However, in my experience, rules that require the coaches to radically alter their sequence of actions during each turn tend to have problems enforcing those rules... So I'm a bit skeptical about the league working because of that.

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
Killhouse

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2007 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I would forget and move another guy I'm sure, or worse, the wrong guy then realize. I bet it's a lot like having all your players suffer from OFaB.
 Jump to: