62 coaches online • Server time: 19:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SableWyvern

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2003 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, folks, that league Void, the absence of a multi-season league open to all division X teams, has been filled, for the Nuffle Ultimate Xtreme is here.

All Division X Teams are legal, and any DivX team with a TR of 120 or less may apply for membership.

24 teams, enough to fill out Division Excelsus and the Adeptus Challenge are sought. If there are more than 24 coaches eager to try for the great honour and bragging rights that come with the NUX Cup, then the Apprentice Tourney can begin as well.

For the first season, teams will be placed in Divisions on a first come, first served basis, although anyone wishing to start in a lower division can probably get priority treatment for that division.

Visit http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=377 for more information.
SableWyvern

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2003 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's looking like we'll have enough teams for both Conferences of Division Excelsus. Thus, the league shall begin this upcoming Saturday. Teams may play non-league matches before then, however, all teams must meet the 120TR maximum before playing their first official game.

If your TR rises above 120 in pre-season games, you'll have to cut it back by selling players, rerolls, stafff etc... Keep in mind that cash can be dumped by buying and firing players/coaching staff, if necessary.

Once the league commences, no team may play unofficial games.

At this point, there are still two vacancies in Division Excelsus, so new members are most welcome. Once Excelsus is filled, additional applicants will go into the Adeptus Challenge, and if I get enough extra coaches that division will also run.

Good luck to all. Mr. Green
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2003 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I assume teams will have to switch to Div T once the league begins?

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it fair that some teams have a starting TR of less than 120, but they also have MNG players who, if fit, would take them over 120? That gives them an unfair advantage later in the tournament, surely. The rules should be changed to "TR not higher than 120, and no MNG players".
cataphract

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

mng players don't effect TR only strength..

TR=[total value of team including re-rolls and loose cash+(SPP total/5)/10,000

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

What Cataphract said.

Mully, yes div T will be necessary.
SableWyvern

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops.

That Dr_Drake message was actually from me.
SableWyvern

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2003 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, both conferences of Division Excelsus are now full, and the preliminary season is kicking off tomorrow!

New teams are still welcome, and if I get a few more in the next week, the Adeptus Challenge will also be up and running.

In the meanwhile, here is the first bold predicition of the tourament:

The winner of the the Bonerippers vs Nobless Oblige game will make it to the NUX play offs. (Naturally, they will then be soundly defeated by Ugruz Ugruz.)
SableWyvern

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2003 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the tournament is away.

All coaches should endeavour to have their first round game completed by Saturday the 27th Sep.

Anyone having any difficulty meeting this deadline should get in touch with me.

Also, note that coaches are free to move onto subsequent rounds as soon as their opponents become available.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2003 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The first game has been played and won!
SableWyvern

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2003 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

As some of you may have noticed, at the end of the season, MVP awards will be given out in each Conference. For those of you who are interested, the system I am using to determine the end of season MVPs is as follows.

From each game, three players will receive votes towards the Conference MVP. The best player on ground will gain 3 votes, the second best 2 votes, and the third best 1 vote. The highest number of votes at the end of the season gains the Conference MVP.

1. Votes are determined based on SPP gained for the match, ignoring the in-game MVP.

2. Where players are tied for a particular number of votes, MVPs received for the game will be considered to break the tie.

3. Where two or none of the tied players received the MVP, preference will go to players on the winning team.

4. Where players are still tied, votes will be allocated randomly.

After each round of the tournament is completed, I will post the votes from the round, together with the running totals, so you can watch your players vying for individual league honours.
SableWyvern

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2003 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, half the first round games have been played...

One coach has contacted me with scheduling problems, and I have given an extension of a few days for him to get his game in; therefore anyone else who also has not got their game in has similar leeway.

If you haven't played a first round game yet, and do intend to do so, you've got a few extra days to get it done.
SableWyvern

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2003 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The first round has ended, unfortunately with 3 wins by forfeit and one coach withdrawn.

In future, I will not make general extensions to the round duration. I will may extend the time available for specific matches if I am PMed at least within a couple of days of the end of the round, and if I can gain a commitment from both coaches involved to play the game. IOW, get your games in on time if at all possible, and if not, get in touch with me ASAP.

Round two games should be completed by Tuesday 7 Oct.

Conference MVPs Progressive Scores
(Votes this round/Total votes)

Champion League

3/3 Asterix (Team Gaul)
3/3 Frey Quick (Gralhk's Fellowship)
2/2 Geriatrix's Wife (Team Gaul)
2/2 Da Boss (Ugruz Ugruz)
1/1 Dogmatix (Team Gaul)
1/1 Captain Gralhk (Gralhk's Fellowship)

Archon Conference

3/3 The Cloven Beast Jr. (True Canabbians)
3/3 Vincent Splice (Mighty Miners)
3/3 Crusty (DONut Family)
2/2 Spritz Fehrdmen (True Canabbians)
2/2 Falan Quickman (Mighty Miners)
2/2 Dunkin' (DONut Family)
1/1 Deadeye (True Canabbians)
1/1 Pike Diligan (Mighty Miners)
1/1 Glazed (DONut Family)
Willard73

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2003 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

So... hat's going on with this league??? My next opponent, who also happens to be the founder of the league, hasn't been on in 10 days! Anyone know anything?
-Willard73

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2003 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all,
I have been given ownership of this league, due to the dissapearance of the old owner. I'd like to get things back underway... Therefore, anyone with a game long overdue has until Sunday night to either play, or contact me as to why they haven't played yet. If I do not hear from you, the match will be settled by a random forfeit. If one coach contacts me, but not the other... I will attempt to contact the other coach. If I cannot get ahold of you, or you do not reply, your team will forfeit. Let's get this tourney back under way, and see who will emerge victorious!
-Willard73