45 coaches online • Server time: 17:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2007 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, well, like last time, im going to give odds for The final 16, and there odds of taking the entire tournament, and like last season, details on my 5 picks

Here is a key for anyone who does not know any form of betting
    (F) = Favorite
    (JF) = Joint Favroite
    (2F) = Second Favroite
    (LS) = Long Shot
    (71 - 1) = Any bets in brackets are previous bets, the new bets should be along side

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wood Elves Coached By Illithian
100 - 1

Undead Coached By Lauth81
(4 - 1) 8 - 1

Necromantic Coached By Kjartan
12 - 1

Nurgle's Rotters Coached By Schknarf
(22 - 1) 18 - 1

Dwarves Coached By Gildor Inglorion
(1 - 25) 1 - 50 (J2F)

Lizardmen Coached By Manz62
40 - 1

Chaos Dwarves Coached By Brownrob
1 - 50 (J2F)

Amazons Coached By Russo
14 - 1

Pro Elves Coached By Phil78
(20 - 1) 12 - 1

Skinks Coached By Runreallyfast
500 - 1 (LS)

Orcs Coached By DanTheMan
(3 - 1) 2 - 1

High Elves Coached By Spubbbba
80 - 1

Norse Coached By Peter Thorpe
(1 - 50) 1 - 75 (F)

Skaven Coached By Zombie69
25 - 1

Ogres Coached By Borgen
(12 - 1) 6 - 1

Khemri Coached By G Force
10 - 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thorpe's Picks

Well, its that time again...my 5 picks to take the tournament are...

Norse Coached By Peter Thorpe At 1 - 50 (JF)
You basically cannot get a better start, the norse managed to draw a group that have them a clear speed 3/0/0 into the finals, the teams main advantages for this are the fact that out of the 11 players, 9 of them have drawn there first skill, and the other 2 are frightenly close to scoring theres and a first in FWC history, an all skilled team!...rerolls are also a fair asset to the norse along with the sheer amount of MB that sits with the team...there only 3 disadvantages are that money and FF is scarse, if a player dies, and the apoc fails or is used, they start with less than 11 players...and the coach is not known for major victories...nevertheless if 1 or 2 matches go right...the norse will win everything!

Chaos Dwarves Coached By Brownrob At 1 - 50 (JF)
What you have to appreciate for the chaos dwarves is that they have skilled there hobgoblins...which is always a good asset, they have loads of tackle in a field swarming with dodge, but the most of it all, is the coach, he is well known for this tournament, once being the owner, he holds 2 seasons, a runner up and a golden boot to his name, this is a team to definatly watch out for, other teams may have more, but skill and experience is somthing they lack when facing the chaos dwarves

Dwarves Coached By Gildor Inglorion At 1 - 25 (2F)
now the dwarves...now you may think they dont have all of there marbles in one place...and the fact that some teams have built far more than the dwarves have...what pepole fail to realise is the psychological game the dwarves and there coach can play...they are coming off an 80% apperance record in the final 16, every time they have apperared, they come within the last 8, they have 1 runner up and 2 championships behind them...they have countless casulties and touchdowns...and not only that...they are the only team where every player starts with 2 normal skills, on top of everything else...that is going to cause some serious problems regardless what you say...they have less than most, but with fear on there side, they could take this any way. not to mention the fact they have conceded no TD, suffered only 1 CAS, and sit pretty on a 100k+ bankroll!

Amazons Coached By Russo At 14 - 1
Call me crazy, but i really think the amazons can do this...now very true both dwarf teams are in the final 16...and very true they would cripple amazons on first sight...but bear in mind amazons are sitting pretty on 14 players (The most of the non stunty teams ever in FWC, known so far) they sit on zara the slayer for there first match...they also sit a wizard, an apoc, 3 rerolls...and skill...this team is a fancy personal to me, lets see how they do...

Ogres Coached By Borgen At 12 - 1
Haha, this is a vote no-one will aggree with, but i fancy the ogres to streak this...there system of race play based on the odds given gives them against khemri first, norse second...these teams are never going to last against the brute force of ogres...besides the mummys, who could stop this bet...they have 2 rerolls, which for an ogre team is pretty substansial, a perfect ration between goblins and ogres, 1 goblin to an ogre is always an advantage, and the 120k...the downside is no apoc...a BIG downside really, but this is a team only i fancy, lets see what happens hey?, This Team Is Peter Thorpe's Lock Of The Week!

Last edited by Peter_Thorpe on %b %08, %2007 - %10:%Sep; edited 12 times in total
Khaan

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2007 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice writeup Peter_Thorpe.

There always is a couple upsets. With such few rerolls on most teams, all it takes is a double skull or even just a skullpow/skullpow.

Hoping for more stunty teams to pass on to the playoffs.

The Boyz
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2007 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

And remember that when playing against flings you don't have a single reroll...

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2007 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, thanks, always been the gambling man/kid

nah, theres always at least 2 upsets, that seems common place
there will be stuntys in the finals, my group sees 3 stuntys, at least one is assured a place
and those flings are gonna annoy everyone with those dam chefs

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2007 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

How the hell did chaos dwarves manage to not make the qualifying round 4 times in a row? Shocked
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2007 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

no idea... but the pressure is on me to perform... and with those odds Wink
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2007 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow - longest odds - even worse than the nurglings!

I should clean up.

Bah, I give myself a 60% chance to out-perform the nurglings and a 20% chance to advance for the second time. - I've just got to beat the undead and beat or out-score the nurglings. I can do that!

Yeah. Everybody place your bets on the dark horse!
Goonmeister

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2007 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

my first world cup and i get dwarves.....
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2007 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on the speed of Group F, a world record has been set
Within DAY ONE, we can already confirm that Norse in group F are already guarrenteed a spot in the final 16!
The draw was at 10:28am GMT, and by 01:28am GMT (15 Hours Later) 3 matches have been played, with norse in the finals even if they lose there next match

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2007 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe - Those Wood Elves - do you want them sliced, diced or puréed? Elves, meet chainsaw. And Troll. And Minotaur.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2007 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Peter_Thorpe wrote:
Based on the speed of Group F, a world record has been set
Within DAY ONE, we can already confirm that Norse in group F are already guarrenteed a spot in the final 16!
The draw was at 10:28am GMT, and by 01:28am GMT (15 Hours Later) 3 matches have been played, with norse in the finals even if they lose there next match

Actually, you arent through just yet! 3 teams ca stay on 6 points, Previous results wont matter as you have all beaten each other, so then it comes to tiebreaker!

Gooooooooooo stunties!
Russo

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2007 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Mirascael wrote:
How the hell did chaos dwarves manage to not make the qualifying round 4 times in a row? Shocked

brownrob wrote:
no idea... but the pressure is on me to perform... and with those odds

Mirascael....better make that 5 times then..cos this year is a cert for none-qualification if Bungler brownrob is in charge Laughing

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol

Last edited by Russo on %b %23, %2007 - %11:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2007 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yar - I tell you what - at 66-1 each for Andy and I to advance, I can see one of us going through there, with a bit of luck. I'll put Thorpe's house on it! Very Happy
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2007 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

haha, my house...let me work this out...
(Does insane calculations)
At 66-1 with my house...youd be looking at about...6.93 million

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2007 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

HA! If you're a real gambler, you should put up Thorpe's house for my undermanned pygmys to beat the Undead and advance. 250-1, baby!

Some good handis and some luck and I could be in the final 16 without 8 men on my team.

Do you feel lucky?
 Jump to: