43 coaches online • Server time: 16:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Peter_Thorpe wrote:
a very good proposition, can someone start giving the admins word of this thread, the ideas coming seem to be good...or we wait for 20 more pages of ideas, then they will seriously have to think about it

I agree that at least one Major could have a cap. It has been said that it'll never happen, that will just have to be lived with.

In the conversation surrounding the last thread along these lines ('We the people' by Synn - I had a search but didn't find it, I'm only here for 2 mins) indicated that a well thought out plan for a [R] tournament with a cap would be received well by the admins, and not just dismissed. After all, the LC was born out of that thread. So the challenge is to create an idea with great fluff, logistics, prizes etc. that are good enough for Christer to consider. Fragments of ideas and "It would be nice if..." won't get it done, I wouldn't think.

Thinking cap on! Laughing

the LC was born out of that thread to a CAPLESS matchup...

besides, how can we fluff up tournaments for a cap that already exsist, and as for fluff for a 6th tourney...yeah keep dreaming

the GLN looking for up and coming stars in the world of bloodbowl is all i can think of of the top opf my head

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it started here.

http://fumbbl.com/help:Petition

Have you signed up?

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

bear in mind thats a 5th tourney, of which we already have...update it and then make a forum post with it!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys,

Christer has explicitly stated that 'majors' will never had a TR cap. Part of the glory involved in all of them is the fact that the biggest and baddest teams are there. So while I would love to see one or more of the existing majors get a cap, I don't think that is a possibility.

Now, having invoked the wrath of the Big C and Angie before.... I have an idea on how to logically get what we want (despite the success of my 'We the People' thread in getting the Lustrian Challenge).

Pursuing a new minor will require Angie receiving a lot of help. This involves planning, fluff, images... etc. So rather then just say "we would like a minor running alongside the FC," perhaps this space can be used by people offering their services to Angie for running such a tourney.

__Synn
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:
Cloggy wrote:
I agree with Thorpe.

The 5 majors we have right now are so similar to eachother that I think some more variation might be in order. Playing tournaments is fun after all, but I for one can't be bothered to powerbuild a team until it's good enough to have a chance in a major.

It might even be that introducing even more tournaments to the already full tourney calendar is not the best option. Why not just have different TR or TS caps for the existing majors?

Obviously the UI, being organised by snotty elves, has to remain uncapped and the same goes for the Fumbbl Cup, being the unofficial Fumbbl championship. All other majors could introduce a TR or TS Cap without compromising the tournament themes.

Let's be realistic though. What ever the rules you set for a certain tournament there will always be coaches or races that gain a competitive edge because they are better suited to the rules than others.

Still, I think more variety in the majors would be beneficial to Fumbbl, since right now I find them kinda dull.

Spot on, exactly what I think.

Same here.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Christer has explicitly stated that 'majors' will never had a TR cap. Part of the glory involved in all of them is the fact that the biggest and baddest teams are there. So while I would love to see one or more of the existing majors get a cap, I don't think that is a possibility.

Well, he produced similarly strong statements about other issues in the past if I remember correctly. And then, despite his former statements, made reasonable amendments.

That said, if the community can convince him of the benefits and appropriateness of TR-caps, he will set them into place regardless of former pronouncements. As long as it pleases him, that is. Image
Angie

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Majors will not have a TR cap. They are majors for a reason...

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Angie wrote:
Majors will not have a TR cap. They are majors for a reason...

So don't call it a Major Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

There are plenty of Minors: XFL, RRR, Smack... All these have to fit in around the Majors. So how about a NO.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea! There really should be a ranked tourney for the lower TR/TS teams, nevertheless with a certain major flavour. If the TS (!) limit would be set to 175 we could even see flings and gobbos, whom I really miss in the major tourneys. I want to see them in the final of a popular [R] tourney Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Guys,

Now, having invoked the wrath of the Big C and Angie before.... I have an idea on how to logically get what we want (despite the success of my 'We the People' thread in getting the Lustrian Challenge).

Pursuing a new minor will require Angie receiving a lot of help. This involves planning, fluff, images... etc. So rather then just say "we would like a minor running alongside the FC," perhaps this space can be used by people offering their services to Angie for running such a tourney.

__Synn

As I see it, the easiest way to fit all these ideas in (capped tournaments, open majors), is to change the Major/Minor system a bit. There are more than enough good, responsible people on fumbbl to run more tournaments, so why not make capped tourneys minors, and rename Smacks and the RRR to something else, perhaps "Others"? So, we would have 4 or 5 open majors, 4 or 5 capped Minors, and still keep Smacks (which really are the only minor right now--RRR died with the CR change).

The admins don't even have to bother with the "new" minors, just delegate a few players to collect ideas and fluff, then put it all together and give it to Christer for approval. I would volunteer to write fluff and put everything together, even though I doubt I am trusted enough to actually run a tourney.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Angie wrote:
There are plenty of Minors: XFL, RRR, Smack... All these have to fit in around the Majors. So how about a NO.

Don't get silly, XFL is a monotonous one-race event, RRR is a rather boring rookie event and SMACKs aren't particularly exciting either.

So how about a cool tournament for the entire community and not just the elfball-teambuilders?

And while we're at it, how about a reasonable reply to a valid suggestion backed up by a large number of coaches instead of a snappish crab?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on, at least be constructive. That'll get us nowhere. Present a well thought out idea rather than going around in a circle.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Angie wrote:

I've already heard that one Smile

The new tournament could have been where the Lustrian is now.
Was the demand for a uncapped tournament really higher than for a capped one?

How about the Rumble alternates between Rookie and 250TR. That's NO extra tournaments.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2007 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

the 5 majors will be run by elfballing maniacs with little to no life except to build there teams to that level
any team under TR/TS 250 will continue to suck in ranked forever

that is the will of the tourney staff

sorry if i just go off and BOOO for the next 5 years

how many pepole honestly are going to get there teams to that level? eventually the big majors of fumbbl will be contested between the same 128/256 pepole (and lets face it were not far off now)