35 coaches online • Server time: 13:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2011 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

14 hours till Why-elfing tries to regain that week 1 charm... Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2011 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

DragonsMaw wrote:
14 hours till Why-elfing tries to regain that week 1 charm... Very Happy

For one half it looked like Why-elfing would indeed regain the magic...then the light dimmed a bit.

Yale Bulldogs escape with a close victory over the tough elves of Why-Elfing.

Game recap:
A game that we desperately needed to win with such a tough road ahead - however, Why-Elfing had recruited a wardancer and we were concerned. We thought we had a good plan...with Jason Reads showing off his great blocking (mighty blow) and Heart Doctor dodging all around (blodger)...even Boy Sue had practiced his underhanded tactics and dirty kicks (dirty player). Well...Jason Reads tossed a team high 21 blocks...and failed to get a single CAS (and only a single KO!) Heart Doctor our blodger took the ball in the first half...but was KO'ed by a 1d POW from the wardancer...and Boy Sue kicked the downed wardancer once...and was ejected for it (and it was only a stun).

Alas - what we thought would work certainly did not...fortunately Stud Muffin did a good job of ball control and our new catcher scored 2 TDs. While we could not outbash the wood elves...they struggled with dodging and gfis and we did manage to out position them just enough to sneak out of the game with a hard fought close victory!

Well played Why-Elfing! Until we meet again!
Sleepyweasel

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2011 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

*** News Flash ***
There was an audio dropped outside of the Nibraskah Underground school newspaper. Appears to be 2 players from the team after their last practice.

Here is a brief transcript of what the audio held.

{annonamous1} *sounds of vomiting*
{annonamous1} - Yo, you ok there Cas (assumed to mean Casanova – Sophmore GR)
Casanova – Hey Ger (assumed to mean Herger – Senior GR), yeah just feelin a bit of the nervs I guess.
Herger – What you nervous for man, you got a final exam tomorrow or hot date with some lil lass. *chuckles*
Casanova – Nah man, just nervous about the game tomorrow I suppose.
Herger – Oh that, we have a game tomorrow, I thought it was later on in the week.
Casanova – Stop Bull *bleep* me man, this is a big game.
Herger – Last I checked it was only game 3 on the schedule who do we play
Casanova – The mighty ducks man from Oregon
Herger – Oh you mean the elves that wear feathers on their helmets and shoulder pads…
Casanova – Yeah those guys, they seem unstoppable
Herger – None of that talk young’in, it’s time to put a new horse in the race and I say why not us. We just need to hit all the ducks standing on 2 feet.
Casanova – Easier said then done, they a slimy little bastards
Herger – True they are, but no one is slimier then us, and got a few claws to dish out as well.
Casanova – I just don’t want to get screwed out of position and *bleep* everything up
Herger – Don’t worry about, just harass the ball as much as you can, and let me worry about people being in or out of position. You worry about being a nuisance to the ducks.
Casanova – Kay Ger, I’ll do my best
Herger – I’m sure you will Cas, you’re one of the best I’ve played with just keep it up. And remember it’s the rat that chases the ducks off the yard and into their little pond. Not ducks chasing off rats.

That is part of the audio left with the paper, we are still attempting to contact Herger & Casanova to confirm or deny their participation in the audio. Also, the paper is attempting to determine who might have left said audio. Needless to say there may be some nervous rats out there but atleast one that is looking to take a few bills off some ducks. GO Wanabees!!
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2011 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

In a game between gentlemen - Yale defeated Rutgers. It was a close game - closer than the score indicated due to some great plays by Rutgers early...but they could not stop Yale from scoring.

While mostly a civil game, a few crushing hits from Rutgers did entice Yale to kick a downed elf late in the game. The death of the elf threatened to cause a riot. However, calmer heads prevailed and Yale managed to sneak out of the stadium with only 1 perm injury and a narrow victory.
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2011 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

There was some quiet and orderly discussion about Yale's tactics in their last game...and the President hauled Coach Azure before the steering committee to explain himself, recap the season so far and update predictions for the remaining games.

Mr. President, gentlemen and ladies of the committee, I have come before you to answer some questions about our tactics this season. Malicious fouling was bantered about...unnecessary crippling and desire for blood. I am before you here to humbly apologize. Obviously there has been some misunderstanding and communication is critical to any relationship. The actions of my players is an extension of my orders and my game plan. I love these kids and stand behind them 100%. I find the horror of injury and yes...even death of any of these kids to be horrible. Thus I have come to apologize...in our most recent game - I failed to live up to the billing as coach and protector. I humbly report that indeed Zach was hurt badly in our game...he has an injury that he will carry with him for life. This is a terrible thing and I of course did my best to let everyone know what will happen if they hurt one of my kids. We extracted blood revenge in the death of an elf for what they did. In addition we further crippled an already limping elf. I apologize we could not do more. However, I believe we have made our point - we may be scholars and gentlemen...we may be new and an underdog in our games...but we will NOT be bullied around! So please accept my apology for my actions and I assure the committee - any injury to our players will result in swift retribution against the offenders!

As for our games thus far:
Game 1: OVU Fighting Scots (Dwarf)
- Prediction: 10% chance of victory
- Result: 1 - 0 Victory
Game 2: Wazzu Party Elves (Wood Elf)
- Prediction: 40% chance of victory
- Result: 4 - 1 Victory
Game 3: Why-Elfing (Wood Elf)
- Prediction: 95% chance of victory
- Result: 3 - 1 Victory
Game 4: Rutger Scarlet Elves
- Prediction: 30% chance of victory
- Result: 3 - 0 Victory
Game 5: Michigan Warp Wombats
- Initial Prediction: 5% chance of victory
- Update: Not much as changed - Michigan is the 4th best team in the non-AQ...they are clearly the best team we will have played up to this point...victory is highly unlikely - but a draw could be in reach if Michigan makes enough mistakes. We are happy with our play so far and have upgraded our chance of victory up to 9%.

Game 6: UTEP Miners
- Initial Prediction: 7% chance of victory
- Update: Clearly one of the top 3 teams in the non-AQ. They have only flexed their incredible strength this season...already several of our players are complaining of headaches and the need to study for exams in an attempt to skip this game...I do not blame them - perhaps we can freeboot some players to absorb the carnage. Either way our odds have likely fallen to only 5% chance of victory.

Game 7: Virginia Tech Orcies
- Initial Prediction: N/A
- Update: Icky - a solid undefeated orc team - another one of the top 3 teams (we play them back to back to back). On the heels of the UTEP game, we are going to be in sorry shape and likely will be unable to even field a decent team to play. Updated chance of winning is 6%.

Game 8: Ohio State Drunkguys
- Initial Prediction: 35% chance of victory
- Update: What were we thinking? Perhaps the top team in the non-AQ along with the previous two teams we will be facing - they have steroid users (+ST) on their team and such cheaters are very hard to deal with. They have a more experienced, deeper team and their record speaks for itself. Our odds of winning after being harshly treated in previous two games stands at 7%.

Game 9: Texas Extensive-horns
- Initial Prediction: N/A
- Update: If we have a team left at all - this chaos team could end it if they have developed. Right now they are weak...but we will face them after they have had a chance to develop...as such - we could be in for a world of hurt. Odds of winning depends on injuries, but I would place it at 45%.

Overall, the season has turned out to be that we played the lower half of the division first...now the next 4 games are against the 4 best teams in the division. Right now we are no better than 5th or 6th best team in the division...if we are going to make any statement we need to try to at least gain a draw in one of our next four games...a win (or two!) would be huge for our program and would allow us certainly to have optimism for the future!

In conclusion, I came here to report on the status of our program and report about the terrible incident that left one of our player injured - I believe the next four games will show the strength of our program - keeping the next few games close and challenging these great teams will be a real boon for us.

Sincerely,
Coach Azure
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So today in the California vs Buffalo game, I channeled my inner Special-K with one of the strangest and unlikeliest sequences in recent memory:

So it's turn 6 and my skink was able to recover a loose ball and scamper downfield. He's about halfway into enemy territory and marked by a CD blocker, so at the end of the turn he tries to dodge away and score the first goal of the game, but fails with RR and pulls a Nibraskah (reference to last night where a Gutter doubled failed a leap and BH himself, forever altering the course of the game and perhaps this entire season,) by BHing himself. Thus the ball is now loose and, in an attempt to score, a BullCentaur blitzes free of some lizard defenders downfield (about halfway into Cal territory,) and runs free of any possible pursuit. The aforementioned CD Blocker now picks up the ball and attempts a long pass to the open BC, but there's just one problem: a suddenly agile saurus named Chrisss Adcock was in the middle of the throw, though covered by another blocker. Despite the bearded menace hanging all over him (should have been offensive pass interference,) Chrisss stuck his giant scaly hands up and picked off the pass!

Now it's turn seven and Cal only has one skink left on the field, so they moved him up into scoring range, and then Chrisss blitzed away from that annoying blocker and got to midfield. But the Buffalo defense refused to make it easy, moving a blocker onto the skink and two blockers and the aforementioned Centaur around Chrisss. Despite my severe lack of chainpushing knowledge, it was obvious that any sort of push to get Chrisss free was impossible, thus only one logical choice remained. Season 9 Neely co-winner Gabe "Lizard" King blitzed away the blocker from the skink, and then the following happened:

Move ended for Gabe "Lizard" King
[Game Saved]
Select an action for Chrisss Adcock
Normal move selected.
DODGE FINAL RESULT: Chrisss Adcock
TARGET: 5 --- ROLL: 6 + 0 = 6
Chrisss Adcock slips past his opponent(s) unhindered.
Pass selected.

Waiting for opponent to choose intercepting player.

Intercept FINAL RESULT: Rusty Ironmind
TARGET: 7 --- ROLL: 5 + 0 = 5
The ball sails unhindered over the head of Rusty Ironmind.
Pass selected.
SHORT PASS
PASS BEFORE RE_ROLL: Chrisss Adcock miss threw the ball!
TARGET: 6 --- ROLL: 5 + 0 = 5
Team re-roll used.
PASS FINAL RESULT: Chrisss Adcock
TARGET: 6 --- ROLL: 6
Move ended for Chrisss Adcock
Ball moved to ( 19, 7 )
GET BALL FINAL RESULT: Adrian Lee
TARGET: 3 --- ROLL: 5 + 0 = 5
[Game Saved]
Select an action for Adrian Lee
Normal move selected.
Adrian Lee scores a touchdown!

Amazingly, and quite BS-ingly, all five dice were 5+ (including the failed pass attempt at first,) as Chrisss dodged out of the defensive cage (which took him out of quick pass range,) threw a spiral, and watched the skink catch the ball and then scamper into the endzone for one of the lamest and craziest scores I've seen in a while (though Azure almost topped that in his NonAQ game.) Sadly Shades had to be a first-hand witness to this, which only worsened his team's losses during/after the game (one bull was nigged on a foul + apo fail, the other got to his first skill but aged a nig.....sheesh.)

Special K would be proud....

Don't drop the soap.
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Michigan...grumble...mumble...grr...."earned" a draw against Yale Bulldogs.

An exciting game...right to the end.
Marcellus

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2011 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Dateline - Vanderbilt Stadium

The Nevada Wolfpack and the Vampirebilt Commonthralls met in a match up of perhaps the two lowest strenght teams in the bowl conferences. Vandy after losing their niggled thrall also suffered from morely's (never drink the same water as the undead) and played the entire match down at least 3 players. After a large mid-field scrum, a short pass from John Barrowman to the wide open Werewolf of London II (the younger brother of the dearly departed rookie of the year winner werewolf of London) dropped a perfect pass in the endzone to leave the score tied at halftime.

The second half had John Barrowman once again targeting the wolf for a shot pass, this time the rookie wolf managed to hang on to the perfect ball and ran in for the score. After a bad kick (the special teams coach accidently placed the kicker outside of the hashmarks) the thralls placed the ball with a vamp and another large scrum ensued. As time expired, the rookie wolf managed a blitz pow, picked up the ball and scored as regulation expired.

All was not sunny for the wolves (which is usually a good thing) when 2nd year guard Hulk Hagen started complaining about a sore knee after flattening one of the thralls during the match (niggle on 2nd skill). On the positive side we finally managed a win without killing a wolf, and he is a rookie no more, having perfected his blocking skills during the match.
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2011 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! Today we have the honor to unveil our first Buster and Smith Rankings! So, the moment everyone has been waiting for - our host of the show: Buster Mustardburger!

Buster: Welcome - welcome everyone - we have an exciting show for you tonight as we unveil the first rankings for this season. Now, let me explain the process - our secret panel of voters take into account the wins and losses - but also gauge the potential of a team (are they dominating or just squeaking by), and the quality of wins. I admit some of the voters are swayed by public opinion - those teams that tout themselves on the airways - and those that perhaps are returning national champions...but we do our best to stamp out this nonsense! Smith, give us a rundown of the standings.

Smith: Well, everyone is putting Oregon in the Championship game - and it is hard to disagree. I provide brutal honesty and the honest truth is that the SMACK-7 should be renamed the Oregon and 6 Slackers. The SMACK was an abyssal 4-2-15 against the BEAST. Oregon was 2-1-0, so the rest of the SMACK combined for only 2 wins, 1 draw and FIFTEEN loses. So while Oregon is highly ranked at the moment, a lot of that is because of their wins against the BEAST, their conference games are going to be fairly uncompetitive - and there is grumbling that the top of the non-AQ teams are just as good as the SMACK.

Buster: Wow - that is surprising...is the non-AQ really that strong?

Smith: No...I do not think so, but 4 teams have broken away from the pack, 4 wins and a draw for Virginia Tech and Yale, 3 wins and a draw for UTEP and Ohio State. Not a single good win though as they have beaten up on the bottom half of the non-AQ.

Buster: So some interesting games coming up?

Smith: Certainly - I would say that if any of the 4 non-AQ teams could run the table and pick up 3 wins against the other contenders - then they would be a a very worthy team. However, my analysis says it will not happen - these four teams are too close in talent and coaching for any one of them to sweep the others. But keep an eye on them.

Buster: Okay...so we saved the best for last!

Smith: Definitely - the BEAST is just an awesome conference...certainly the premier conference in the league. Hard to say who is going to come out on top - but the bulk of the highly ranked teams are from the BEAST and while they will be knocking each other off - I believe the champion from the BEAST will probably play for the national championship even if they have 2 losses or draws. The competition is just that good.

Buster: Yeah - so, Oregon a shoe-in as most likely an undefeated team and winner of the SMACK-lite conference...and the harsh competition of the BEAST should be able to produce their challenger. Non-AQ has some interesting games as well. I guess one last question that always comes up - is there any chance of the non-AQ breaking the glass ceiling this year?

Smith: I can not see how. Oregon is too strong and has played their hardest three games already. I suppose if Oregon was somehow to slip up and lose a game - even still...No. It would take a huge upset - Oregon would have to lose twice in conference play - that along with a draw in non-conference play - there would be very serious questions. As for the BEAST champion - unless they really knock each other off - and still, i would take a 3 loss/draw champion out of the BEAST over a non-AQ.

Buster: Even if one of the top 4 non-AQ ran the table.

Smith: Yeah, that would be interesting - have to see how the pollsters react over the course of the season.

Buster: Alright...here we are - we proudly present the Buster and Smith rankings!

Smith: At number 1 is Oregon, followed extremely closely by California. No doubt that California with a win in their first game will overtake first place in the polls. In addition to California, 3 more teams from the BEAST are ranked 3-4-5 all closely grouped together: Nibraskah, PainState, and Hawaii. Even though Hawaii has a better record - it seems the pollsters are not convinced they are the real deal...I wonder what it will take? At number 6 is Virgina Tech from the non-AQ, then two more teams from the BEAST in Nevada and Mih'neeSOH'tah. Yeah, 6 of the top 8 teams are from the BEAST conference. Rounding out the top 10 is UTEP from the non-AQ and U.Con. from the SMACK. We are in for an exciting year! The full ranking are below:

B S Rankings:
#1 Oregon
#2 California
#3 Nibraskah
#4 PainState
#5 Hawaii
#6 Virginia Tech
#7 Nevada
#8 Mih'neeSOH'tah
#9 UTEP
#10 U.Con.
#11 Ohio State
#12 Torxas
#13 Yale
#14 BlackKnights
#15 Michigan

Conference breakdown
BEAST
- Ranked: 7
- Unranked: None
SMACK:
- Ranked: 3
- Unranked: 4 (Buffalo, Georgia, Navy, Vampirebilt)
Non-AQ:
- Ranked: 5
- Unranked: 5 (Texas-Extentive, Why-Elfing, OVU, Wazzu, Rutgers)
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2011 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

CBBS Special Report: Week 4 Update

Folks, it's time for our first CBBS Special Report of the season! This is where we review the past few weeks since our last report and then preview the next few rounds to come. We also might throw in some statistical mumbo-jumbo to make ourselves look smarter, or perhaps give a list of potential award nominees or possible bowl scenarios. So without further delay, let's get started....

Out-of-Conference Review
-OoC play reminded us of two years ago (Season 8,) where the Big Beast conference absolutely crushed the other two conferences (except for Oregon, which won both matchups,) during the first three rounds. Last year we saw a drop to more 'even' results, as several Beast teams were rebuilding. But this year the Beast looks to be back to form, as six of their seven teams ended up with two or more wins (in three rounds.) Things were so bad in the Smack 7 that four teams went winless, and the only school to have a winning record was Oregon (big surprise.) The Smack 7 was supposed to have a new addition to rival the Waterfoul, namely Noise State, but they struggled out of the gate and went winless, and are now on probation and out of the league for matters we won't get into. Rumor has it that the old Georgia program has been booted-up once again to join the playing field, so it'll be interesting to see how the original NCBB team does. Still, the biggest development to happen during OoC play was the epic Nibraskah vs Oregon game, which was a rematch of an OoC game from last season. Previously, Nibraskah was the favorite and was perhaps on the road to the title game when a virus took out much of their squad, letting Oregon win the game on their road to the title game. Thus this year was both a revenge match and potential spring-board to the championship, and both sides put on quite the show. Nibraskah started on defense and twice swarmed the ball in the backfield, then used their uber gutters to knock it loose and score. In the second half, the Wannabees had a chance to put the game out of reach but were running low on players. They made a beautiful cage a mere five squares from the endzone, only to watch Oregon dodge in and knock it loose on a 1d POW (thanks to frenzy.) Nibraskah was still in good position, and they tried to leap their strip ball gutter in to free the ball for the score, but he double-failed and BH himself. That was the only opportunity that the Waterfoul needed, as they moved the ball forward quickly for the score, then got another turnover + score to tie the game late, resulting in a 2-2 draw. Thus both these teams will look to continue their winning ways and perhaps settle the score once more in the championship game.

Non-AQ Analysis
-The newbie group, also known as the Non-Automatic qualifiers, has given the NCBB a new group of coaches to bring to the fold. Although we had to fill-out the group with some returnees, I like the potential that several of the new guys possess. It pains me to see a number of them at the bottom of the standings, but elves are a double-edged sword early on, as they can either jump out of the gate and get dodge everywhere, or get behind early as the stronger teams simply out-muscle them. But we saw Missouri go through the same slump in their first season, as they started out 1-1-3 or something. But the Tigers turned it around mid-season and they finished around 5-1-4 to get to a bowl, and they never looked back, posting consecutive 7-win seasons including a championship game appearance. Thus it'll be interesting to watch as the elves start to skill up (getting 3 completions a game or so can really accelerate your team's progress,) over the next few contests. On the flip side, we've seen four teams storm out of the gates and start off with identical 3-1-0 records (though two have now won four games.) Sadly only one of these is a new coach (though he was in the league in the early seasons before 95% of you joined,) but Azure and his Yale Bulldogs are progressing quite nicely so far (also their team bio is awesome.) It'll be interesting to see (how many times have I said that already) if his norse continue their winning ways during the stretch run. My sources also tell me that the four top teams in the NonAQ are going to play each other in the upcoming weeks, so it'll be inter....NO don't use the phrase again...it'll be worth watching those key games.

Smack 7 Analysis
-The far easier of the two BCS groups to look at, obviously this conference will come down to whether anyone can knock off Oregon from their perch. For years the Waterfoul have dominated this conference, though before last season they have always had someone to contest that. For a while it was UCon, who did manage to beat them one year on the Huskies way to a championship, but they have struggled the past two seasons. Noise State, a newcomer to the group, was supposed to provide them with a challenge, but they too fell on hard times and won't pose a threat to Oregon (or anyone else,) for the rest of the season and perhaps longer. Thus it will be up to six teams with a combined....two wins so far this year to knock off the Waterfoul. Odds are that won't happen, but I do predict that someone will get enough good handis and good dice to tie them. As for the rest of the teams, UCon and Torxas both have one win and have the best teams outside of the Waterfoul, so they could easily improve their records in the next six weeks. Thus the four winless teams will have upset chances against those three aforementioned teams, as well as opportunities to beat the other "fail four" in an effort to make a bowl game.

Big Beast Analysis
-Now comes the fun part! The Beast is clearly the better conference but this could easily play against them, as now an ungodly gauntlet awaits each team as they attempt to make a championship run. Two teams (Cal and Hawaii,) are undefeated at 3-0-0, while two more (Pain and Nibraksah,) are unbeaten at 2-1-0, while two more (Nevada and Minni,) are sitting at 2-0-1. The BlackKnights are sitting at 1-0-2, well within striking range of their conference foes. Last year we saw a similar situation, as Coach TodFa and his PainState team were beaten up during OoC play but won the Beast with a 3-0-1 record, if I recall. Each week will likely have a marquee matchup that will test two teams in unimaginable ways, as one team will eventually emerge from this team-grinder and (spoiler alert,) be ready for Oregon in the title game! In the first week along, we have epic matchups between Cal (3-0-0,) and Nibraskah (2-1-0,) and between Pain (2-1-0,) and Minni (2-0-1.) In week two, we switch up those games, as Cal faces Pain while Minni faces Nibraskah! The rest of the season will be very similar to these two weeks, so it'll be inter...no...we can't wait to see what happens (because it will be interesting!)

Statistics
-The best offensive team in OoC play was Nibraskah, with 9 scores. They were followed by Hawaii at 7 scores, and then several teams with 6.
-The best defensive team in OoC play was California, with 0 scores allowed. They were followed by PainState and Hawaii at 1 score allowed, and then several teams with 2 allowed.
-The meanest team in OoC play was Minni, with 10 casualties in 2 games (and reportedly several more in their third which never got finished.) They were followed by Nibraskah with 11 casualties (in 3 games,) and then PainState at 9 casualties.
-Stats for individual players will likely be available later today, and will be located at the bottom of the group page.

So there you have it folks! Each conference was analyzed while the previous three weeks were reviewed. We even threw in some stats for those number-lovers to crunch. We'll be back in two weeks with our first rankings of the season, some possible title game talk, player stats, as well as review what happened since this post. Until next time!

Don't drop the soap.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2011 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Wazzu Party Elves vs. Why-Elfing

It was an all wood elf affair as Wazzu took the field against Why-Elfing, and the game lived up to it's pre match hype. The first half was a back and forth affair with each side scoring quick strikes within a turn or two. After one half the score was tied at 2-2.

In the second half, Wazzu caught a lucky break as a Why-Elfing player missed a dodge, not like elf's at all. Wazzu capitalized and picked up the ball with their best player, a +AG/Dodge lineman, and he passed it and quickly got into a cage. Wazzu stalled their way down the field, but Why-elfing was able to break the stall, nearly snatching victory from defeat and knocking the ball away. Wazzu was able to get the ball back and score however making it a 3-2 game.

Why-Elfing had two turns to tie the game up and things looked bleak. They were able to get the ball to their Wardancer down the field, however, and with a few lucky rolls he danced into the endzone for a turn 16 touchdown, ending the game with a 3-3 tie in exciting fashion.

Elf teams have had a rough go in the beginning stages of the non-AQ, but this competitive games shows that bright things are in the future of both teams.

Final: Wazzu 3 - 3 Why-Elfing
Aenir

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2011 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, I will be gone from the 18th till the 26th dont do too much without me!! Very Happy
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back to the Buster and Smith Weekly Rankings show!

And here is our host...Buster Mustardburger!

Buster: Well this was an interesting first week of conference play. We are starting to get some interesting games played - but Smith, please explain what are some of the most important factors with establishing our rankings for our viewers.

Smith: Well, obviously winning your games is very important - but there are a lot of games that teams are *expected* to win. As such, it is really the wins over other teams that have winning records that really sets teams apart.

Buster: So, we have a bunch of these setting teams apart - right?

Smith: Nope. Only 3 teams in the major conferences have a winning record, but have also lost a game. California (3 wins, 1 loss), Mihn'eeSOH'tah and UCon both have the same record (2 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss). Therefore, only 3 programs have distinguished themselves with defining wins.

Buster: Indeed - with 4 undefeated teams, it should really set up some interesting matchups in the coming weeks...but before we get to the rankings - can you give our viewers a quick rundown of the key action this past week?

Smith: The huge game was Nibraskah taking down California - that sets Nibraskah at the top without question. Nevada losing to the Blacknights knocked Nevada down to a .500 program thus far and gave the Blacknight faithful a bit of hope moving forward. Hawaii continued to win...but pollsters remain unconvinced - they are winning, but winning messy and close. Really need to see them up against the tougher teams in the conference.

Buster: What games are you looking forward to in the coming week?

Smith: Well, California vs Painstate is huge. Painstate is undefeated at 2 wins and 2 draws...however, draws do not impress very much. Painstate really needs this game as a signature win. Likewise with California dropping the game to Nibraskah, the bandwagon is disappearing fast...if California does not want to see all their hard work go up in smoke - they have to bounce back this week. A must win for both teams - with a draw likely hurting them both quite a bit. The other game is Mihn'eeSOH'tah against Nibraskah...if Nibraskah was to win again - back to back weeks taking down winning programs...they really are going to start separating themselves from the pack. However, if Mihn'eeSOH'tah was to cut them down...we could have a real mess in the BEAST. In the SMACK, nothing really jumps out...with only 2 winning programs in UCon and Oregon - waiting for someone else to step up - or waiting until the week 4 matchup between the two leading teams in the conference.

Buster: Thank you, let's get to the ran...oh right...I almost forgot - anything to say quick about the non-AQ...we are running short on time.

Smith: There have been some very compelling matchups actually. Virginia Tech was ranked 6th in the polls and considered the class of the non-AQ...then suffered shocking defeats to Michigan and Yale. UTEP also fell on a miracle late TD by Ohio State. Michigan it should be noted saved their season by picking up the draw with Yale and the win against Virginia Tech...they now have to be included when talking about the top half of the non-AQ:
1. Ohio State: 4 wins, 1 draw + 1 good win (UTEP) + 1 potential good win (Michigan)
2. Yale: 5 wins, 2 draws + 1 good win (Virginia Tech)
3. UTEP: 3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss + 1 potential good win (Michigan)
4. Virginia Tech: 4 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses
5. Michigan: 2 wins, 2 draw, 2 losses + 1 good win (Virginia Tech)

Smith: Clearly the class of the non-AQ is Ohio State. They have 2 easy games against wood elves, then it should be the 6-1-0 Ohio State vs the 5-2-0 Yale. Whichever team can capture the win would clearly be the best team in the non-AQ.

Buster: Huh...what...are you still talking? Right - yes, yes...all interesting - now let's got on with the rankings!

B S Rankings:
Rank (LW) - Team
#1 (3) Nibraskah (1 good win)
#2 (1) Oregon (1 good win)
#3 (2) California (1 good win)
#4 (5) Hawaii
#5 (4) PainState
#6 (8) Mih'neeSOH'tah
#7 (11) Ohio State (1 good win)
#8 (7) Nevada
#9 (10) U.Con.
#10 (13) Yale (1 good win)
#11 (9) UTEP
#12 (14) BlackKnights
#13 (15) Michigan (1 good win)
#14 (6) Virginia Tech
#15 (12) Torxas

Conference breakdown
BEAST
- Ranked: 7
- Unranked: None
SMACK:
- Ranked: 3
- Unranked: 4 (Buffalo, Georgia, Navy, Vampirebilt)
Non-AQ:
- Ranked: 5
- Unranked: 5 (Texas-Extentive, Why-Elfing, OVU, Wazzu, Rutgers)
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Watching via satellite at Martin Stadium, Wazzu fans boo loudly as Smith calls the game against Wazzu "easy."
Sleepyweasel

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Frontpage headline for the Nibraskah Chronicle "Can Coach McClean improve on 0-1 record when rated #1"? That seems to be the story for the coach who has typically fallen asleep during big matchups. 0-1 when rated #1 & 1-2 in Bowls. If he plans on keeping his job next season he must improve this situation. Rumor has it, that he intends to keep putting Herger into the frey to attempt to keep a slim hold on his job (also rumor is that Herger has already been contacted by the AD if he would like to get into the "coaching" profession").
 Jump to: